inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What was being a teen like in the late 90's?

Written By: GH1996 on 08/06/15 at 3:54 am

Came across a box in my attic covered in dust, opened it up to see year books from the late 90's, 1998 Super Bowl stickers, Cd's (backstreet boys, blink 182, and a CD player..), class of 2000 pin

I'm just curious what it was like to be a high school student/teen then if anyone could answer it?

Subject: Re: What was being a teen like in the late 90's?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/13/15 at 8:03 pm

This Buzzfeed post might help you.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/emmyf/chalked-ids-and-quarter-waters#.tjlXlvApq9

Written By: 80sfan on 08/13/15 at 8:08 pm

Gas was cheaper, like $1.08. Lucky jerks!  ;D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/13/15 at 8:13 pm

I thought gas was like under $1 in the 90s. According to some 90s kids like you, who think that gas prices are important to society. (I still like you.)

Written By: 80sfan on 08/13/15 at 8:16 pm

Is Teen people and Seventeen still popular magazines? They were huge during the late 90s.

There were stars that were popular with the teens like Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy), Brandy, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Freddie Prince Jr., Aaron Carter, Nsync, and more.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/13/15 at 8:17 pm

I thought gas was like under $1 in the 90s. According to some 90s kids like you, who think that gas prices are important to society. (I still like you.)

It probably was. I remember it only took $20 for a full tank, if the car was a decent size.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/13/15 at 8:21 pm

Is Teen people and Seventeen still popular magazines? They were huge during the late 90s.

There were stars that were popular with the teens like Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy), Brandy, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Freddie Prince Jr., Aaron Carter, Nsync, and more.

For Seventeen, yes, it's still active and I bet it's still popular. For Teen People, no. Their last issue was released in September 2006.

Written By: Howard on 08/14/15 at 7:10 am

and today it's close to $3 a gallon. :o

Written By: Howard on 08/14/15 at 7:11 am

I remember when teen magazines were popular in the 80's.

Check for new replies or respond here...