inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favourite British Songs of the 90s

Written By: whistledog on 10/21/15 at 12:52 am

90s was a great time for British music, especially Britpop which I loved.  What are some of your favourite British songs of the 90s?

I will begin with two of my all-time favourites ...

Manic Street Preachers featuring Traci Lords - Little Baby Nothing (1992)
wM3N54avEQc

James - I Know What I'm Here For (1999)
htbQ_FY8EeQ

Subject: Re: Favourite British Songs of the 90s

Written By: nally on 10/21/15 at 8:59 pm

One of my all time favorites is "Too Many Walls" by Cathy Dennis (1991). 8) :-* O0

luvCn498Ct4

I also liked her songs "Touch Me (All Night Long)" (1990) and "Just Another Dream" (1992). :)

Written By: Ripley on 10/22/15 at 3:02 pm

I love Cathy Dennis!  Oasis had a few great songs.  My favorite was "Champagne Casanova" which was not really a British single.  I was a huge fan of 5ive, anything by them.  All Saints first album had several good songs.  Ovcourse I was into the Spice Girls.  Most tweens/teens were, female and male thank you!  Even though I've always preferred Alternative as opposed to Pop, I was really into Spice Girls, 5ive and All Saints.  Also, the 2000s group Atomic Kitten I'm still a super fan of.  They had one song in the 90s, "Right Now". The Verve "Bittersweet Symphony" was one of my most favorites toward the end of the decade.  "Drop Dead Gorgeous" by Republica.  The Prodigy with "Smack My B Up", Sneaker Pimps entire first album,  Massive Attack, Portishead, as you can seen I really like trip hop/house most electronic music really.  Blur "Song 2" was big in America as well.  There are more than a few more I might post later.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 12/09/16 at 6:40 am

Zombie - The Cranberries (1994)
Glycerine - Bush (1995)
Morning Glory & Champagne Supernova - Oasis (1995)
Song 2 - Blur (1997)

Written By: nally on 12/09/16 at 11:25 pm

The Verve "Bittersweet Symphony" was one of my most favorites toward the end of the decade.

Yeah, that one was popular in late '97; I remember it well. I was a high school senior at the time.

"Drop Dead Gorgeous" by Republica.

I don't know that one, but I do know one of their other hits, "Ready To Go" (yet I didn't remember it at the time it came out).

Written By: #Infinity on 12/10/16 at 11:55 am

Common People - Pulp
The Universal - Blur
This Is Hardcore - Pulp
Lucky Man - The Verve
Street Spirit (Fade Out) - Radiohead
Light of My Life - Louise
No Surprises - Radiohead

Check for new replies or respond here...