inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: It takes two

Written By: Gdowe1991 on 11/22/15 at 5:25 pm

As all 90s kids know, the move It takes two staring the Olsen Twins came out around this time in 1995. I would like to know who here went to see that movie theaters back in 1995?

Subject: Re: It takes two

Written By: nally on 11/22/15 at 5:29 pm

I didn't see it in theatres, but I did rent it on VHS the following year.

The premise was similar to that of the Parent Trap, except the twins were trying to match their father up with a good woman; but like in the Parent Trap, the father was engaged to a golddigger (nasty woman). The film also involved the twins switching places in a few scenes.

Written By: Gdowe1991 on 11/22/15 at 9:09 pm

I didn't see it in theatres, but I did rent it on VHS the following year.

The premise was similar to that of the Parent Trap, except the twins were trying to match their father up with a good woman; but like in the Parent Trap, the father was engaged to a golddigger (nasty woman). The film also involved the twins switching places in a few scenes.
I've seen It takes two myself. I saw it for the first time on VHS in 1999 at the age of 8.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/23/15 at 12:35 am

I saw that film when I was 9 at the now defunct Phelan 6 theatre in Beaumont Texas. And the same evening as I recalled the "I'm gonna hit that ball downtown" scene, I whacked the back of my right hand on the edge of the counter in the kitchen and still have the scar. LOL

But I loved the movie. I was big into the Olsen twins as a kid. I really loved when they put the gum in the blonde lady's hair and how she screamed about it. Good family fun.

Written By: 90s Guy on 11/24/15 at 5:34 pm

I didn't see it in the movies but I do have a funny story involving it.
I was at summer camp the year after it came out (summer 1996) and I was 5 and a half. And I had a little childhood "girlfriend" at the time named Olivia. And it was during this movie - during a specific scene where the bride trips over her wedding dress. My first breakup.

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 11/24/15 at 6:45 pm

I'm positive I saw this in theaters but I really don't remember the plot. I think for a while I used to get it confused with The Parent Trap (Lindsey Lohan version).

Written By: Ripley on 11/25/15 at 7:02 am

My sister and I were obsessed with this movie.  But I don't recall seeing it in theaters.  Perhaps we rented it.

Written By: Howard on 11/25/15 at 2:45 pm

There's also a song that has "It Takes Two" in it, Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock plus Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terell sung it too.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/25/15 at 9:06 pm

No, but I saw its sister movie...

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8tlqvSBPYe4DuTEn0vp5g2uQq1FJDlf_cTqxUJWxNO8Tvljzl

Written By: Howard on 11/26/15 at 2:11 pm

No, but I saw its sister movie...

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8tlqvSBPYe4DuTEn0vp5g2uQq1FJDlf_cTqxUJWxNO8Tvljzl

;D

Written By: 80sfan on 11/26/15 at 7:44 pm

;D

:P  :D  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...