inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Height of Power Rangers mania?

Written By: 90s Guy on 12/06/15 at 5:51 pm

What year would you say represents the height of Power Rangers' popularity? Am asking because I know in my own life, my nephew and I (whose birthdays are close together) had a shared Power Rangers themed party at McDonalds in Nov. 1994, although I remember Power Rangers still being "in" in 1996. But what year was the peak?

Subject: Re: Height of Power Rangers mania?

Written By: #Infinity on 12/06/15 at 5:59 pm

Probably 1994, since that was the first full year that Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers was on television, though it was still huge in 1995 as well.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/06/15 at 7:21 pm

I agree with 1994. Because I remember on the playground, for a while we were banned from "playing Power Rangers" because almost every week someone was going to the nurse with a busted lip and in tears trying to do karate moves. Also at the time I had a framed poster of the PR in my bedroom and had drawn a heart around the Black Ranger, Zack's  face because I was convinced I was going to be Mrs. Black Ranger...before I fell for the Green/White Ranger, Tommy. LOL. Everyone I knew had a fave ranger and had the toys and posters and all the other money draining merchandise. LOL

Written By: bchris02 on 12/10/15 at 1:00 pm

1995, hands down.  It was big in 1994 but bigger in 1995.  The peak was when the movie came out along with the beginning of the third season of MMPR.  You could not escape it during the summer of 1995.  It dropped off pretty quickly in 1996 through Zeo and was completely done by the time the Turbo movie came out.

Check for new replies or respond here...