inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Roggin's Heroes

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/10/15 at 12:06 pm

Roggin's Heroes was a somewhat obscure syndicated program from the early 1990's that aired after the 10 o'clock news in my area. It was hosted by Fred Roggin, who is still a sports anchor at the NBC affiliate in Los Angeles (and who still does occasional play-by-play for the national NBC Sports network).

This was a blooper show, similar to America's Funniest Home Videos, although it was vastly superior to AFV IMO.  I never could stand Bob Saget on AFV (although my opinion of him has since increased greatly since he started to do more "adult" comedy) and I always thought it was unfair that Saget got all the glory while Roggin's show never made it out of late-night syndication.

My brother and I loved this show and we always made a point to watch it. We particularly got a kick out of a segment called "Officer Feldman's Safety Tips" (starting at about 8:45 in the clip below).

Anyone else remember this show?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRDB3SToSZs

Check for new replies or respond here...