inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Madonna #1 Singles Of The 90's

Written By: Ripley on 02/11/16 at 7:16 pm

Pick two of Madonna's #1's of the 90's

Subject: Re: Favorite Madonna #1 Singles Of The 90's

Written By: #Infinity on 02/11/16 at 10:42 pm

"Ray of Light" is a fascinating specimen that's both soothing and lively at the same time, while "Beautiful Stranger" is a quirky eletro renaissance of 60s music that I can't get enough of.

Written By: Howard on 02/12/16 at 7:22 am

Vogue
Justify My Love

Written By: Ripley on 02/12/16 at 7:24 am

"Ray of Light" is a fascinating specimen that's both soothing and lively at the same time, while "Beautiful Stranger" is a quirky eletro renaissance of 60s music that I can't get enough of.

I love the full album. It was different from her usual. And it doesn't get enough credit. In my opinion it should be right up there with Like A Prayer, which I've read in various places is her top album. But Ray Of Light is my favorite.  I love how its more Electronic, which is an area of music I've always been fond of.

Written By: Ripley on 02/12/16 at 7:37 am

My first choice is "Frozen". It's a nice Electronic song. But it also has an Orchestra feel to it. The lyrics are breathtaking. The video that goes with it is haunting and beautiful, my style.  This IS my choice for the ultimate Madonna song.

My second choice is "Bedtime Story". With this, she dove into Electronic as well. It's Trance, Techno, House and even Synth. This is a great choice if you're looking for a non-Pop track. The video is really unique too. And her hair matches the music style well.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/12/16 at 7:49 am

Vogue
&
Don't Cry For Me Argentina

Written By: ArcticFox on 02/12/16 at 12:28 pm

"Secret" and "Don't Cry For Me Argentina". Both are absolute masterpieces, so passionate in their lyrics and so uplifting. Madonna at her best.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/12/16 at 3:10 pm

Deeper and Deeper & Secret

Written By: Jquar on 02/13/16 at 2:43 am

Ray of Light and Justify My Love.

Check for new replies or respond here...