inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Petition for TheEarly90sGuy to stay on this forum

Written By: 90s Guy on 02/21/16 at 8:56 pm

As some of you guys know, after today's exchange, TheEarly90sGuy expressed his intent to leave this forum, saying he felt unwanted.
While we've all had our differences with the guy, I think we can say he is also a wealth of knowledge about the early 90s, and even if his methods/beliefs are unorthodox, he ultimately brings a lot to the table here as a poster. I myself feel bad that our joking made him feel unwanted, and I'm writing this in the hope he sees this and decides to stick around. I'd like him to remain here myself. Early90sGuy, I apologize on my behalf for making you feel not wanted here.

Sign, or post something if you agree with me, that TheEarly90sGuy should stick around us.

Subject: Re: Petition for TheEarly90sGuy to stay on this forum

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/21/16 at 9:00 pm

A man with that much comedic potential can't leave! If anything, I was hoping he'd play along and start "getting into fisticuffs" with each and everyone one of us. I was game for it.

Let's have the spirit of 1990 live on!

- Jordan

P.S. If you stay with us, we all promise to never give you up, either (thanks for the idea below, Infinity!):

dQw4w9WgXcQ

Early 90s Guy, you know the rules... and so do I.... (and the Ninja Turtles) ;)

~Together forever and ever

yPYZpwSpKmA

Written By: #Infinity on 02/21/16 at 9:04 pm

"STAY!  Baby though we made you cry, STAY!  Baby don't you say goodbye, STAY!  Look us in our eyes, STAY.  WITH.  US, Early90sGuy!"

Written By: 2001 on 02/21/16 at 9:12 pm

Another member of the Cool Kids Skinny Jeans Club driven away! You guys are awful >:(

From his birth year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn-enjcgV1o

- Slowpoke

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/21/16 at 9:14 pm

Another member of the Cool Kids Skinny Jeans Club driven away! You guys are awful >:(

From his birth year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn-enjcgV1o

Um, no, sorry. I think the Early 90s Guy would much rather join my club of 1998-2002 Y2K-era-baggy-pants-wearing-gangstas-who-hate-everything-after-2004 than your Lame Kids 2010's embracing Skinny Jeans club. Hate to break it to you, kiddo, but Early 90s Guy has taste. :P

Written By: 2001 on 02/21/16 at 9:17 pm

Um, no, sorry. I think the Early 90s Guy would much rather join my club of 1998-2002 Y2K-era-baggy-pants-wearing-gangstas-who-hate-everything-after-2004 than your Lame Kids 2010's embracing Skinny Jeans club. Hate to break it to you, kiddo, but Early 90s Guy has taste. :P

He prefers the 2010s (2011-Present) to the 2000s (1999-2010), I have written proof! Stop trying to steal our club members! Don't you already have a full house >:(

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/21/16 at 9:21 pm

He prefers the 2010s (2011-Present) to the 2000s (1999-2010), I have written proof! Stop trying to steal our club members! Don't you already have a full house >:(

A Full House you say? I do enjoy Full House, yes, but there is always room for a Fuller House, eh, eh? I bet you he prefers the very early 00's (1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2002. The factual and historical early 00's) to the crummy 2010's (8-P). Your club is lame while my club is "da bomb".

Written By: 2001 on 02/21/16 at 9:25 pm

A Full House you say? I do enjoy Full House, yes, but there is always room for a Fuller House, eh, eh? I bet you he prefers the very early 00's (1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2002. The factual and historical early 00's) to the crummy 2010's (8-P). Your club is lame while my club is "da bomb".

Er no, he said himself that late 2010 was the most interesting part of the 1999-2010 decade. TheEarly90sGuy is all ours! He likes Rebecca Black not Limp Bizkit 8-P

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/21/16 at 9:28 pm

Er no, he said himself that late 2010 was the most interesting part of the 1999-2010 decade. TheEarly90sGuy is all ours! He likes Rebecca Black not Limp Bizkit 8-P

I'm sure he'd rather see blink-182 on the 1998 Pee Pee Poo Poo tour, buy some hair bleach in 1999, download songs off Napster in 2000, choose his favorite Puka Shell necklace in 2001 and get some new dickies baggy pants in 2002 than grow a lame beard and listen to Imagine Dragons in the 2010's! Limp Bizkit are much better than Rebecca Black! 8-P Are you telling me you wouldn't wanna go back to 1998-2002 and grow out some dreads while listening to Does This Look Infected in your Walkman?

Written By: 2001 on 02/21/16 at 9:46 pm

I'm sure he'd rather see blink-182 on the 1998 Pee Pee Poo Poo tour, buy some hair bleach in 1999, download songs off Napster in 2000, choose his favorite Puka Shell necklace in 2001 and get some new dickies baggy pants in 2002 than grow a lame beard and listen to Imagine Dragons in the 2010's! Limp Bizkit are much better than Rebecca Black! 8-P Are you telling me you wouldn't wanna go back to 1998-2002 and grow out some dreads while listening to Does This Look Infected in your Walkman?

How about getting his first pair of skinny jeans in 2008 and looking absolutely classy, and then slapping the tub of moisturizer on his chest in 2009 and getting all the ladies while singing I Gotta Feeling, then dancing his brains out to Neon Tree and TGIF in 2010, then picking up his future wife in 2011 with lines from Call Me Maybe and getting excited for the weekend singing Friday, and then in 2012 he can dance the Gangnam Style all through town! In the 2010s everyone knows how to have a good time!

Notice how so many 2010s songs reference Friday! The 2010s weekends are so much more fun than 2000s weekends.

Written By: Ripley on 02/21/16 at 9:58 pm

I don't know what's going on.  I must have missed the posts, or been asleep while they happend.  But there have been a few annoyances in the past, not mentioning names, yet there is no reason for anyone to leave.  Unless they're a straight up troll.  But difference of opinion is what I'm guessing is the case.  There is nothing wrong with it.  Some people get hurt feelings but most get back up and realize that we all have our own thoughts, were all individual.  I tend to take things too personal and too serious.  Even among my immediate family's words.  So if this is happening with him, I understand where he's coming from. But he is an important part of our 00's family, so I hope he will choose to stay with us.

Written By: annimal on 02/21/16 at 10:08 pm

Not sure what I might have missed

Written By: ArcticFox on 02/21/16 at 10:15 pm

I honestly think you guys are pretty cold blooded. I feel sorry for the guy, really. I'm glad I will never meet you guys in the real world. Get a life instead of making fun of someone else you losers.

Written By: Ripley on 02/21/16 at 10:17 pm

I honestly think you guys are pretty cold blooded. I feel sorry for the guy, really. I'm glad I will never meet you guys in the real world. Get a life instead of making fun of someone else you losers.

Who are you referring to? Not everyone talks sh!t to others on here. 

Written By: 2001 on 02/21/16 at 10:23 pm

They were joking though. And let's not pretend TheEarly90sGuy didn't say some rude things first :o But let's let bygones be bygones, hakuna matata, kumbaya etc. etc.

Written By: ArcticFox on 02/21/16 at 10:24 pm

Not you, I'm talking to the people who ruthlessly make fun of TheEarly90sGuy. Geez, sensitive much?

Written By: 80sfan on 02/21/16 at 10:29 pm

I never had a problem with him. He is kind biased though.  :(

Written By: #Infinity on 02/21/16 at 11:10 pm

Not you, I'm talking to the people who ruthlessly make fun of TheEarly90sGuy. Geez, sensitive much?

Honestly, I don't think anybody expected him to say he felt unwelcome here.  He seemed so oblivious to anybody who disagreed with him, no matter how strange his logic was, that he appeared to be having just as much fun as those who satirized his posts.  This is how he has responded to us calling his arguments total loco:

Thanks for the laugh.

It's not as ridiculous as you think, really, nor is it a theory.  8)

In fact, he told me this when I explained how I'd truly felt sorry for him for a long time but parodied his posts because he wouldn't stop talking down to us with his unorthodox perspective:

That's fine. Your satirical posts actually have me in tears from laughing so hard. I know how ridiculous I sound, but there is a lot of truth to many of the statements I make. I don't mean to sound vain, but you only see me as an "alarmingly oblivious and ignorant person" because you and Jordan did not live the early '90s the way I did. People who love the years 1990, 1991, and 1992, in all likelihood, know where I'm coming from with my latest posts on here. They should remember Turtlemania '90 (the Turtles were everywhere, even on Oprah in that year), donning Gitano apparel, and eating PB Maxx candy bars at night. Those were the days!   

It seemed to me he couldn't care less if we spoofed his posts, since it appeared to be completely amusing him rather than offending his feelings.  It would be one thing if we were making fun of somebody who genuinely respected and understood other people's opinions, but this is someone who not only stubbornly believed himself to be superior to everybody else, but completely stood by his ideas no matter how passionately others disagreed with him.  There appeared to be a sort of invincibly to him that was nothing short of intriguing.  If these exchanges seemed to entertain him just as it entertained a lot of us, then surely there didn't seem to be a reason to hold back!

Regardless, if any of this did come off unfavorably, then I sincerely apologize.  I only meant to have some fun and never expected things to come to such an unfortunate end.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/22/16 at 7:07 am

Honestly, I don't think anybody expected him to say he felt unwelcome here.  He seemed so oblivious to anybody who disagreed with him, no matter how strange his logic was, that he appeared to be having just as much fun as those who satirized his posts.  This is how he has responded to us calling his arguments total loco:

In fact, he told me this when I explained how I'd truly felt sorry for him for a long time but parodied his posts because he wouldn't stop talking down to us with his unorthodox perspective:

It seemed to me he couldn't care less if we spoofed his posts, since it appeared to be completely amusing him rather than offending his feelings.  It would be one thing if we were making fun of somebody who genuinely respected and understood other people's opinions, but this is someone who not only stubbornly believed himself to be superior to everybody else, but completely stood by his ideas no matter how passionately others disagreed with him.  There appeared to be a sort of invincibly to him that was nothing short of intriguing.  If these exchanges seemed to entertain him just as it entertained a lot of us, then surely there didn't seem to be a reason to hold back!

Regardless, if any of this did come off unfavorably, then I sincerely apologize.  I only meant to have some fun and never expected things to come to such an unfortunate end.

That's what I thought, too. He didn't seem to care at all about what anyone said and just went with it laughing at those who "don't understand the early 90s" like he does. I never meant to hurt the guys feeling or get him to leave, I wanted him to fight back and do something even funnier (which is what he normally does). The dude's yelling at people in  caps lock, putting down others because of their age/generation and calling his opinions "the facts". It's not like he was some guy who just had a strange opinion but generally listened to what others said and never said insulting things. Now I wasn't bothered by any of that. I don't care how rude or insulting he was because I thought it was hilarious. I enjoyed his flame wars and I wanted him to start another one but he just pulled a complete 180 and did something totally out-of-character by leaving (and actually saying he was "obnoxious" and upset). He seemed like the troublemaker who liked stirring sh!t with others and I thought he'd also enjoy this.

Sorry Early 90s Dude, I genuinely think you're one of the funniest dudes on the internet. :\'(

How about getting his first pair of skinny jeans in 2008 and looking absolutely classy, and then slapping the tub of moisturizer on his chest in 2009 and getting all the ladies while singing I Gotta Feeling, then dancing his brains out to Neon Tree and TGIF in 2010, then picking up his future wife in 2011 with lines from Call Me Maybe and getting excited for the weekend singing Friday, and then in 2012 he can dance the Gangnam Style all through town! In the 2010s everyone knows how to have a good time!

Notice how so many 2010s songs reference Friday! The 2010s weekends are so much more fun than 2000s weekends.

No, no, no. He is a man of class. He'd much rather get a chain wallet for his 3/4 shorts in 1999 then sing about all the break ups in 2000 with New Found Glory's Dressed to Kill. After he's done feeling sad, fast forward to 2002 and he's singing My Friends Over You! He'd much rather Break Stuff and get the Nookie than do the Gangnam Style. He may feel like he's going Nowhere Slow but he'll find that Surfer Girl one day.

Real 2000's weekends suck. 2000-2002 (not the real 2000's) weekends always kicked ass and Early 90s Guy would surely agree.

Written By: SpyroKev on 02/22/16 at 7:54 am

The posts in this thread give me hope the world can be a better place. The last time I got a reply from TheEarly90sGuy, we left off on good terms.

Written By: Howard on 02/22/16 at 3:02 pm

We're all nice people. :)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/22/16 at 3:45 pm

There's no way we're getting him back. He just deleted his account today.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/22/16 at 3:54 pm

Dude, would it be cool if you could message him on DeviantArt telling him that we want him back? Tell him we all miss him. Oh, and if he decides to come back, tell him he can just re-register as The Early 90s Guy (with spaces) so he can keep his old username.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/22/16 at 4:02 pm

Dude, would it be cool if you could message him on DeviantArt telling him that we want him back? Tell him we all miss him. Oh, and if he decides to come back, tell him he can just re-register as The Early 90s Guy (with spaces) so he can keep his old username.

I don't think he's coming back.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/22/16 at 4:04 pm

I don't think he's coming back.

Well... That's a shame then... :-\\ At least his legacy will live on through his artwork. The spirit of 1990 will touch all of us.

R.I.P. Early 90s Guy
(1977-2016)
:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Written By: JaxRhapsody on 02/22/16 at 4:07 pm

There are a few boards where I don't always feel wanted, but I still post, and whatnot, so I don't see why he cares so much.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/22/16 at 4:14 pm

There are a few boards where I don't always feel wanted, but I still post, and whatnot, so I don't see why he cares so much.

The problem is the dude would yell at people, call them "idiotic pansy millennials" and tell people "your opinion is wrong. I have the facts" so him getting upset and leaving makes no sense at all.

Written By: Howard on 02/22/16 at 4:27 pm

Good!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/22/16 at 4:33 pm

Good!

So, uhh... still curious as to what's your beef with him? I didn't know the both of you guys fought before.

Written By: #Infinity on 02/22/16 at 5:52 pm

Well... That's a shame then... :-\\ At least his legacy will live on through his artwork. The spirit of 1990 will touch all of us.

R.I.P. Early 90s Guy
(1977-2016)
:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

To be fair, I think we at least reached a pretty climactic point with the onslaught of parody posts right before his retirement.  It's hard to imagine milking the whole thing any further with a fresh perspective; even your "JESUS IS AT THE WHEEL" comments were starting to get repetitive, in all honesty.  The good news is that you'll always have memories of TheEarly90sGuy debates, even though it's really devastating that he decided to completely leave us.  One thing's for certain, the spirit of '90 will continue live on in our new posts, giving us a completely new and fascinating lens through which to see popular culture within the vicinity of the early 90s.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/22/16 at 6:06 pm

To be fair, I think we at least reached a pretty climactic point with the onslaught of parody posts right before his retirement.  It's hard to imagine milking the whole thing any further with a fresh perspective; even your "JESUS IS AT THE WHEEL" comments were starting to get repetitive, in all honesty.  The good news is that you'll always have memories of TheEarly90sGuy debates, even though it's really devastating that he decided to completely leave us.  One thing's for certain, the spirit of '90 will continue live on in our new posts, giving us a completely new and fascinating lens through which to see popular culture within the vicinity of the early 90s.

Yeah, they were. :-\\  It was funny at first but another day of it... ehh, it might of ruined the legacy. If he decided to stay, it would of probably have gotten stale sooner or later since we took the entire thing and jacked it up to 11 bringing it right to it's peak but I will never forget the Early 90s Guy and the Spirit of '90. It will truly live in our hearts and on his DeviantArt profile.

I'm still kinda shocked, though. This was totally out of character.

Written By: Howard on 02/23/16 at 2:31 pm

So, uhh... still curious as to what's your beef with him? I didn't know the both of you guys fought before.

He seemed argumentative.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/23/16 at 2:38 pm

He seemed argumentative.

Yeah, I see your point. He was an angry guy! I didn't know you guys had your own scraps, too, though.

Written By: Toon on 02/24/16 at 3:03 am

I didn't know much about or interacted with him on this forum, but it's sad when someone leaves due to feeling not wanted. If there was anything that I've ever done that have upset anyone (Including TheEarly90sGuy) then I'm happy to own up to it.

Written By: SpyroKev on 02/24/16 at 8:48 am

I didn't know much about or interacted with him on this forum, but it's sad when someone leaves due to feeling not wanted. If there was anything that I've ever done that have upset anyone (Including TheEarly90sGuy) then I'm happy to own up to it.

Him not exactly enjoying the site could be another reason. He was like the only person who praised and talked about the early 90s.
No one did anything out of the ordinary. And if anything, he should have expected some bits of confronts with how prideful he was of the early 90s.

This site has the most positive, well spoken community I never thought I'd see on the internet.

Written By: mqg96 on 02/24/16 at 10:39 am

Him not exactly enjoying the site could be another reason. He was like the only person who praised and talked about the early 90s.
No one did anything out of the ordinary. And if anything, he should have expected some bits of confronts with how prideful he was of the early 90s.

This site has the most positive, well spoken community I never thought I'd see on the internet.

So true, as nice and confident I am on many other sites. I always get more nervous to post on here because of how strict this website's rules are. You definitely don't get the same people on IGN, sports blogs/forums, gamefaqs, or even personality cafe either.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/24/16 at 3:13 pm

So true, as nice and confident I am on many other sites. I always get more nervous to post on here because of how strict this website's rules are. You definitely don't get the same people on IGN, sports blogs/forums, gamefaqs, or even personality cafe either.

Yeah, what sucks about this site is that you can't really swear. Compared to other websites where you can swear uncensored, they basically don't give a crap here. I don't know why they do that. It's not like kids roam around here, nor are they allowed to make accounts. I think you have to be 13 or older. But besides that, I prefer this website more than IGN, sports forums, or GameFaqs is because people here are much nicer. I also don't really need to act like a dumbass here and there.

Written By: 2001 on 02/24/16 at 3:28 pm

Your opinion on 5th Gen platformers was extremely offensive. I was a little upset.

lol jk  ;D

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/24/16 at 6:28 pm

Well, that was a short goodbye.  ;D

I'm back. I missed you guys. How is everyone on the board doing this evening? I hope everyone is all right.

I had to change my username because I made a small mistake on my last registration form, but I'm the same early '90s guy.  ;D

Written By: 2001 on 02/24/16 at 6:37 pm

Well that was a short goodbye. I missed you guys. How is everyone on the board doing? I hope everyone is all right.

Is... Is that you? I don't believe it!  :o You were gone for too long!  :D

The Cool Kids Skinny Jeans Club gets its members back. Jordan is powerless.  8)

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/24/16 at 6:45 pm

I'm so sorry, Slowpoke, for leaving you all. I had to take care of some business, but I'm back tonight.

I can't wait to see what Jordan is going to say. I've been thinking about that guy ever since I left. I'm here for the long haul this time.  8)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/24/16 at 8:07 pm

I'm back. I missed you guys. How is everyone on the board doing this evening? I hope everyone is all right.

I had to change my username because I made a small mistake on my last registration form, but I'm the same early '90s guy.  ;D

*does a Tommy Wiseau impression* Oh hai, Early90sGuy.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/24/16 at 8:31 pm

*does a Tommy Wiseau impression* Oh hai, Early90sGuy.

;D

Written By: 80sfan on 02/24/16 at 9:33 pm

This just in...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMweDGzWIAAfsku.jpg

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/25/16 at 12:36 am

I'm so sorry, Slowpoke, for leaving you all. I had to take care of some business, but I'm back tonight.

I can't wait to see what Jordan is going to say. I've been thinking about that guy ever since I left. I'm here for the long haul this time.  8)

Early 90s Dude! This seriously you? Happy to have you back! I hope you will educate us all once again on the mightiness of the Early 90s! Plus, you being here makes me feel less old. Man, I've been reading your DA comics lately and you're a really talented artist. I like the "Early 90s Kind of Man" the best because it reminds me of being a kid.

You should go to the name change forum and ask to change your name to "The Early 90s Guy" with spaces (if no spaces doesn't work). Put your hypercolor photo and "acid house music" tag back, too! That'd be rad. 8)

My baggy dickies club is still strong. We got chains on our pants and everything. Early 90s Dude is a man of taste. I bet even he prefers 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2002 to your 2010's (8-P). 

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/25/16 at 1:58 pm

This just in...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMweDGzWIAAfsku.jpg

;D ;D ;D

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/25/16 at 2:23 pm

Early 90s Dude! This seriously you?

Yes, after all of those days, I'm officially back on board.  8)

Happy to have you back!

Happy to be back! You guys are awesome friends.

I hope you will educate us all once again on the mightiness of the Early 90s!

I'll do my best, how's that?  ;D

Man, I've been reading your DA comics lately and you're a really talented artist. I like the "Early 90s Kind of Man" the best because it reminds me of being a kid.

Thank you. I appreciate your saying that. There's more to come in the future.

You should go to the name change forum and ask to change your name to "The Early 90s Guy" with spaces (if no spaces doesn't work). Put your hypercolor photo and "acid house music" tag back, too! That'd be rad. 8)

I'm working on that as we speak. Thank you for the advice.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/25/16 at 2:34 pm

Yes, after all of those days, I'm officially back on board.  8)

Happy to be back! You guys are awesome friends.

I'll do my best, how's that?  ;D

Thank you. I appreciate your saying that. There's more to come in the future.

I'm working on that as we speak. Thank you for the advice.

Pretty rad, man! I like the sound of that! It's about time we go you back to show us the spirit of 1990! One question. In your Kinder, Gentler America comic is the main character supposed to be HW as a high schooler in the Early 90s? Pretty funny if it is. I love the one where he asks the girl about Rick Astley and she tells him she's a "total marxist." I've been making communist jokes about Richard Marx for years so naturally I loved that one. Do you think maybe you could do one of your classic "pre 1993 and post 1993" things of a comic that highlights the differences between the early and mid 90s? That would actually be pretty cool to see. Glad to see you come back to the forum, dude. Your posts have always made me laugh hysterically.

Written By: Howard on 02/25/16 at 3:35 pm

nice to see you again.

Written By: KatanaChick on 02/27/16 at 9:41 am

As some of you guys know, after today's exchange, TheEarly90sGuy expressed his intent to leave this forum, saying he felt unwanted.
While we've all had our differences with the guy, I think we can say he is also a wealth of knowledge about the early 90s, and even if his methods/beliefs are unorthodox, he ultimately brings a lot to the table here as a poster. I myself feel bad that our joking made him feel unwanted, and I'm writing this in the hope he sees this and decides to stick around. I'd like him to remain here myself. Early90sGuy, I apologize on my behalf for making you feel not wanted here.

Sign, or post something if you agree with me, that TheEarly90sGuy should stick around us.

Boy I missed out on this! Dang it. He was both...entertaining and frustrating simultaneously. I'd like to know who he really is, not his forum persona. He never discussed anything about himself on a personal level. I'm still unsure if he was only a troll or that fixated on the early 90's. It's normal to be nostalgic about some happy point in time, but he went to extremes with it that were strange. There are a number of current events topics and non decade sections to partake in. It's why I butted heads with him in the past.

Written By: annimal on 02/27/16 at 10:19 am

yup entertaining and frustrating

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/27/16 at 4:04 pm

One question. In your Kinder, Gentler America comic is the main character supposed to be HW as a high schooler in the Early 90s?

Yes and no. The main character is a caricature of George HW Bush, but the comic is set in middle school. I should have made him a high schooler, now that you mention it.

Do you think maybe you could do one of your classic "pre 1993 and post 1993" things of a comic that highlights the differences between the early and mid 90s? That would actually be pretty cool to see.

I'll see what I can do.  ;)

Glad to see you come back to the forum, dude. Your posts have always made me laugh hysterically.

Thank you for the kind words, Jordan. I really appreciate it. You guys are the best.

Written By: Howard on 02/27/16 at 5:54 pm

yup entertaining and frustrating

But we can forgive him now.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/27/16 at 10:34 pm

Yes and no. The main character is a caricature of George HW Bush, but the comic is set in middle school. I should have made him a high schooler, now that you mention it.

Well, it's never too late to set it at a later time! Him being a caricature of HW is a pretty clever idea.

I'll see what I can do.  ;)

Cool! I know you'll do a good job!

Thank you for the kind words, Jordan. I really appreciate it. You guys are the best.

No prob, dude. You're a super good artist. I gotta say, at first I was surprised. I didn't know you were so into drawing and art. It's a really cool and creative way of expressing nostalgia.

Written By: annimal on 02/28/16 at 10:06 am

But we can forgive him now.

yup

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 03/02/16 at 5:30 pm

Do you think maybe you could do one of your classic "pre 1993 and post 1993" things of a comic that highlights the differences between the early and mid 90s?

Do you want a side-by-side comparison?

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/02/16 at 5:31 pm

Do you want a side by side comparison?

I was thinking a layout kind of like this:

PRE 1993:

-----------------------
POST 1993:

So, like, a top and bottom comparison.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 03/03/16 at 8:15 pm

I was thinking a layout kind of like this:

PRE 1993:

-----------------------
POST 1993:

So, like, a top and bottom comparison.

What would you like to see referenced in the comic? How would you like to see it referenced?

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/03/16 at 8:21 pm

What would you like to see referenced in the comic? How would you like to see it referenced?

Fashion and cultural icons. Like, have a group of friends to show off the popular fashion styles of the time. Behind them have maybe a TV with an iconic and recognizable pre/post-1993 movie with a wall that has posters showing different TV shows, movies, actors/stars, singers, albums, and other important cultural icons of the times. Maybe include something that gives a nod to Nirvana (if you like them) but shows how out of hand the Pearl Jam (8-P 8-P 8-P) grunge thing had gotten. I think it'd be cool to see a focus on the culture of the times all together. I'd really like to see that.

Written By: JaxRhapsody on 03/07/16 at 10:48 pm

The problem is the dude would yell at people, call them "idiotic pansy millennials" and tell people "your opinion is wrong. I have the facts" so him getting upset and leaving makes no sense at all.

I didn't know. I don't think I've ever been in the same thread as him before.

Check for new replies or respond here...