inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 1980s vs. 1990s

Written By: 90s Guy on 02/24/16 at 2:50 am

Which do you feel was the better decade overall, in terms of pop culture, technology, everything?

I was always, for a VERY long time, a staunch 1990s person. I was obsessed in particular with the period from 1994-1997. But lately, I've been immensely drawn to the 1980s. The whole decade just seemed like one giant party, and just seeing the changes in fashion and pop culture over the course of the decade, it's astounding. Musically, we started off with Reggae, New Wave and the like, and ended it with the likes of Paula Abdul, New Jack Swing and Hair Metal (for better and for worse); You had amazing films like the first three Indiana Jones movies, The Empire Strikes Back, E.T., The Goonies, Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, Beverly Hills Cop, Conan the Barbarian, The Terminator, Coming to America, 16 Candles, The Breakfast Club; You had great TV like Magnum, P.I., the A-Team, and so on; You had Michael Jackson at his peak, before the sex abuse allegations; You had Guns N' Roses at their height; Rap rising as a legitimate artform; You had Queen rocking the world at Live Aid in '85; The blockbuster comeback of the Rolling Stones in '89; Reagan, though I dislike him politically, was a much more iconic president arguably than Clinton; you had the rise of computer and video games as an actual, sophisticated past time (compared to say, Pong); Fashion was all over the place and everything had something great....

Whereas lately it seems like the '90s were just sort of a bland decade. You had good bands like Pearl Jam and interesting musical movements like Ska and early modern Hip Hop, but by 1997-1998, the world was all Titanic and boy/girl bands (yuck!). Cartoons were perhaps the best thing about the 1990s - The '90s was definitely the Golden Age for animation in every form (from the Disney Renaissance down to Nickolodeon).

I was obsessed with the mid '90s, because that's the time period in which I was a kid, but I was actually raised loving '80s things, due to the fact I had older parents (36 when I was born in 1990) and older sibling. I grew up obsessed with Labyrinth (1986), with Bohemian Rhapsody (1975); My favorite handheld game for most of my childhood was Simon (an '80s game); I remember more reruns of '80s programming like Talespin and Ducktails than I do the kid's toons of the day (outside of Rugrats and Rocko's Modern Life).

It's ironic, in that I helped scare him off the forum, but in a lot of ways, the late Early '90s Guy was right, in my opinion. I know as a child, a lot of the stuff I grew up loving, with some exceptions, came either from the '70s, 80s or before 1995. TENG said everything sucked after 1992. While I disagree that "everything" sucked, I can't help but feel things got a little less interesting after 1994. '90-'94 gave us Rugrats, Beavis & Butthead, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Doug, Dinosaurs, Ren & Stimpy, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, The X-Files, just so much stuff....After '94 things kinda went downhill in retrospect. Not everything sucked, not by far. But...I think the time period from 1980 through 1994 is a lot more fascinating than 1995-1998 or so....Around '98 things got interesting again in some ways with the rise of WWF and Gameboy Color and Pokemon....But '95-98/99 or so is kinda a wasteland. There's not even any memorable fashion from that period....Whereas '94 had the whole Hippie/Grunge look sort of melding, '93 was a mix of '90s and '80s styles, '90-'92 was just the late '80s continued....

I mean, the best sitcoms of the '90s were E.R., Friends and Seinfeld....Put those shows up against Magnum, P.I., Miami Vice, and The A-Team, or early '90s shows...You got nothing.

Subject: Re: 1980s vs. 1990s

Written By: gibbo on 02/24/16 at 3:41 am

I always saw the 90's as bland (in comparison to the previous decades). On balance, the 80's were mostly upbeat. I'm not saying the 90's were bad ... There were define toy some great things that happened. It' s just that my best memories of youth were in the late 60's through to the mid 80's. That' fairly typical of most people. They reminisce about their childhood right through to their 20's. It just depends when you were born. Some decades were genuinely more significant than others ... But most had their good and not so good times.

It also depends where are in your life cycle. The 90's were when I got married, built our first home and started my family (4 kids ... and all in that decade). So, some of my greatest 'life' events occurred. However, that also meant we had only my income, a whole lot of responsibility and no entertainment money. We barely ever went out to the movies or dinner. As far as decades went ... very significant (and satisfying) personally ... but not much fun.

It's only natural to reminisce about times when we had less responsibility and fun was top priority.

So, will you soon become '80s Guy'?  ;)

Written By: whistledog on 02/24/16 at 3:55 am

But what about the time period of 1981-1996? It far outweighs that of 1984-2001

Written By: #Infinity on 02/24/16 at 3:58 am

They're both wonderful decades for completely different reasons.  The 80s are just vibrant, colorful, edgy, free-spirited, and commercial in a good way (but also containing some great underground stuff), while the 90s were a diverse, optimistic, progressive, and sophisticated period.  I'm frankly upset that I wasn't alive for any of the 80s and only experienced the 90s as a little kid.

Seriously?  This isn't decadeology.  Be glad that for once we're simply talking about which full, chronological decade we prefer between the 80s and 90s, not the starting and ending points of their respective cultural influences.  Saying which span of years we enjoyed is not the same thing as asking which years belong to Generation X versus Generation Y, or which years are mid-90s versus late 90s.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/24/16 at 8:43 am

The 80's 100% were a whole lot better than the 90s ever could of dreamed.

The 90's took the best of the 80s (Punk, Thrash Metal, Skateboarding, Hip Hop and Alternative) and packaged and commercialized the whole thing taking out the raw power of it all. Believe me, I love the 90's music (hell, I grew up with that stuff and was pretty involved in the scene back then) no matter how commercial it is but I've always felt it wasn't as mighty as the great 80's. Who can beat the raddest 80s bands like Circle Jerks, Slayer, Bad Religion, JFA, The Cure, The Smiths, A.O.D. etc., etc. I could go on and on about how incredible the music was back then. I'm not his biggest fan but give me Rick Astley over crap like Soundgarden and Pearl Jam any day! The movies were also the best. The 90s never had Bill and Ted, Fast Times, Stripes, Tapeheads, Ferris Bueller, Ghostbusters, Caddyshack, the Back to the Future trilogy, Empire and Jedi, Aliens, Tom Hank's 80's films, etc. My god, every year of the 80's had a classic! Television wise, you had so much to choose from like Full House, Roseanne, Degrassi, M*A*S*H, the A-Team, Magnum, P.I., Miami Vice, MacGyver, etc., etc., etc. What an amazing decade.

I do in some respects agree with The Early 90s Guy. I think everything really started to suck around 2003-2004 but everything did get a lot less interesting and blander beginning around 1993 or 1994 when the real 90's began. For one, I really, really hate Grunge and it's big explosion around 1993. Early 90s Guy was totally right when saying 1991 and 1992 aren't really Grungy years (I think this despite my brother becoming a grunger in 1991. Love ya' bro, hate your music) like 1993 was. Side note: 1993 and 2003, in my opinion, are the melding of 80's/90's and 90's/00's styles respectively but anyways, back on topic.

The 80's in general had such a great vibe. Sitting in your living room, playing the NES or catching up on some Full House. Sitting around and putting on a tape or record while you anticipate the courage to call up a pretty girl with crazy short hair, ripped jeans and a leather jacket. After school, you could go to the arcade, get some coke and play some Mario Bros. or Donkey Kong with your buds. I wish I was older during this decade because it would of ruled. People were more human and things were real back then. If only he wasn't so staunch about his theory, I would of loved to discuss (and I tried) all things 80's and early 90s with The Early 90s Guy. He was right about it being the best decade.

I think you mean 1984-2002. ;)

But the 80's are far better than anything that came afterwards. Even the 90s and early 00's.

Written By: yelimsexa on 02/24/16 at 1:08 pm

I find that the 1980s pop culture is targeted toward a more universal audience than the 1990s overall. It was easier for middle aged people to dig the shoulder pads, Lionel Richie, power ballads, and permed hair than it was to get into the death metal, grunge, gangsta rap, trace/electronica, rave, and sensationalist tone.

The '90s of course were much more progressed with regards to minorities, while in the '80s, LGBT intolerance for example was still high. The basics of certain forms of everyday life we take for granted came of age in the '90s (Internet, wireless/cellular). It was much more alternative oriented, multicultural, and minimalist in addition with the higher amount of technology. It was fun in that it was progressive and that every month, something new would be discovered, from the movie trends to the toys to the sports scene to the genres of music to video and computer games to even world events. However, we grasp much of these rather than to overmarket and whine like we do nowadays with the tech overload.

But my first love will still be the '80s. And unlike decades prior where lots of things are hard to find, you can still easily life an '80s lifestyle today by playing on a classic Atari 2600 or NES and then watching on a Betamax machine episodes of The Equalizer, Amazing Stories, and Max Headroom back when sci-fi and adventure was innovative and not formulative. Lots of earlier tech was still around in the form of postcards (more than just at a few souvenir shops in tourist traps), telegrams, typewriters (along with a newer electronic form), rotary phones, and handwritten letters that you just don't see in the 21st century. Although the Cold War was still on, glasnost in the second half of the decade allowed the Soviet Union and The West to exchange ideas that helped to bridge cultures. Plus, it was affordable for the everyday man. You could still get a can of soda, a bar of candy, or the daily paper for a quarter, a gumball for a nickel, a cheeseburger for fifty cents, a second-run movie or subway ride for a dollar, a high school football game for two bucks, an action figure for three bucks, a haircut for five bucks, a pair of shoes for ten bucks, good seats at a ballgame or concert for fifteen bucks, a motel for 20 dollars a night, a nice hotel for 100 dollars a night, a new car for $6000, or a three-bedroom single family house for $100,000.

Written By: #Infinity on 02/24/16 at 1:50 pm

I find that the 1980s pop culture is targeted toward a more universal audience than the 1990s overall. It was easier for middle aged people to dig the shoulder pads, Lionel Richie, power ballads, and permed hair than it was to get into the death metal, grunge, gangsta rap, trace/electronica, rave, and sensationalist tone.

They did, however, have love ballads, adult contemporary, and the like dominating the charts throughout the whole decade.  Huge albums like Falling Into You, Bat Out of Hell II:  Bat Into Hell, and Luck of the Draw were just as friendly to Baby Boomers as they were to Gen-X'ers, if not even moreso.

The '90s of course were much more progressed with regards to minorities, while in the '80s, LGBT intolerance for example was still high.

I don't really see the 90s as being significantly more progressive than the 80s over minority rights.  The 80s were a period of continued influence of minority culture into everyday life, whether it be The Cosby Show dominating television, artists like Michael Jackson and Prince breaking the boundaries of popular music for African Americans, musicians like Cyndi Lauper, Pat Benatar, and Madonna giving way for more expressive and sensationalist female music; or groups like Culture Club and Erasure expanding the possibilities of fashion.  A solid majority of Americans still opposed same-sex marriage in the 1990s, and music movements like gangsta rap for example weren't the most embracing of women or gays, although grunge was very progressive at heart.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/24/16 at 2:04 pm

I like both. Although I like the first half of the 1990's (1990 to 1995) than 1996 and after.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/24/16 at 2:14 pm

Death Metal? That wasn't at all Mainstream in the 90's (nor has it ever been). Thrash Metal in the mid-80's, on the other hand, was actually the biggest any form of Extreme Metal has ever gotten.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/24/16 at 3:04 pm

The 1980s and early 90s were simply cool. You didn't really have people being obsessed with anything on the Internet, while they focused more on television and video games. The 90s on the other hand was just AOL, Xtreme! bullsheesh, and really awkward VHS tapes. Even though the early 2000s were culturally part of the 90s, I'll simply prefer them than the mid-late 90s. At least I could kinda remember the early '00s (2002-2003 per se) and were simply happy times for me.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/24/16 at 8:39 pm

The early '90s (1990, 1991, and 1992) were much livelier than the '80s, but the '80s  were better than the '90s as a whole. Like NewYorkEagle was saying, the incoming '00s culture is what stopped any chance of the '90s being better than the '80s. At first, it was not so bad with selections like the first Sonic the Hedgehog game, Mike Myers films, and the Slap Wrap (slap bracelet), but it only got worst by the end of the '90s. I'm not a fan of the extreme commercials, Limp Bizkit, or the TV show Friends, it was too much for me, even back then.

Written By: 90s Guy on 02/24/16 at 10:10 pm

The early '90s (1990, 1991, and 1992) were much livelier than the '80s, but the '80s  were better than the '90s as a whole. Like NewYorkEagle was saying, the incoming '00s culture is what stopped any chance of the '90s being better than the '80s. At first, it was not so bad with selections like the first Sonic the Hedgehog game, Mike Myers films, and the Slap Wrap (slap bracelet), but it only got worst by the end of the '90s. I'm not a fan of the extreme commercials, Limp Bizkit, or the TV show Friends, it was too much for me, even back then.

I agree overall here. And yes, Friends was really lame. Like I said in the OP, you had some really great TV in the '80s. The only thing cool about '90s TV (outside of Law & Order and the X-Files) were the cartoons.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/25/16 at 1:22 am

The 1980s and early 90s were simply cool. You didn't really have people being obsessed with anything on the Internet, while they focused more on television and video games. The 90s on the other hand was just AOL, Xtreme! bullsheesh, and really awkward VHS tapes. Even though the early 2000s were culturally part of the 90s, I'll simply prefer them than the mid-late 90s. At least I could kinda remember the early '00s (2002-2003 per se) and were simply happy times for me.

1993-2003 in a nutshell:

http://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/aol.jpeg

http://s.emuparadise.org/fup/up/37725-Tony_Hawks_Pro_Skater_3_%5BU%5D-1.jpg

http://www.metalinsider.net/site/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Fred-Durst-242x300.jpg

http://www.chilefoundry.com/wp-content/uploads/pringles-xtreme.jpg

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Your+life+is+a+lie+the+tags+are+a+lie_5463ab_3922524.jpg

That's it. That's the entire decade. Nothing more, nothing less. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: mqg96 on 02/25/16 at 7:21 am

http://www.chilefoundry.com/wp-content/uploads/pringles-xtreme.jpg

These pringles flavors look like a superhero squad or something with all those flashy-bright colors with extreme/dope flavor names. Which I would have stared at all day if I was still a kid.

Pringles still comes up with crazy, bizarre flavors today. I forgot all those flavors of Pringles I used to get throughout middle school because those were so good!

Written By: 2001 on 02/25/16 at 10:43 am

When I think 80s, I think furries.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/25/16 at 10:44 am

What!?!? Why!? Furry fans didn't exist in the 80's! >:(

Written By: 2001 on 02/25/16 at 10:47 am

What!?!? Why!? Furry fans didn't exist in the 80's! >:(

Everyone was obsessed with furries in the 80s. Everyone.

https://i.imgur.com/fTTBLia.gif

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/25/16 at 10:49 am

Everyone was obsessed with furries in the 80s. Everyone.

https://i.imgur.com/fTTBLia.gif

Nobody was a "furrie" in the 80's, you hear me!?

http://static.elmeme.me/static/uploads/images/2013/10/10091/10103_subitem_full.gif

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/25/16 at 2:52 pm

I don't think anybody were really into the furry fandom in the 80s. Besides, they weren't even popular until the 2000s. If you asked anybody back in the 80s about furries, they'll most likely say "I don't know".

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/25/16 at 2:54 pm

I don't think anybody were really into the furry fandom in the 80s. Besides, they weren't even popular until the 2000s. If you asked anybody back in the 80s about furries, they'll most likely say "I don't know".

Yeah, SlowpokeMc2001. See? You're wrong. New York Eagle has it right.

Written By: 2001 on 02/25/16 at 2:56 pm

LOL no way by the time I was on the Internet in the early 2000s (aka Jordan's time)  there were already furries on the Internet.

The first furry convention was in 1989.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/25/16 at 2:58 pm

LOL no way by the time I was on the Internet in the early 2000s (aka Jordan's time)  there were already furries on the Internet.

2000-2002 is pure. Maybe you're talking about 2003 or something but not 2000-2002. If you asked anybody back in 2000-2002 about furries they'd probably say "I don't know."

Stop making up stuff. The first furrie convention was in 2003.

Written By: Howard on 02/25/16 at 3:30 pm

These pringles flavors look like a superhero squad or something with all those flashy-bright colors with extreme/dope flavor names. Which I would have stared at all day if I was still a kid.

Pringles still comes up with crazy, bizarre flavors today. I forgot all those flavors of Pringles I used to get throughout middle school because those were so good!

When did they sell those Pringles? ???

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/25/16 at 3:36 pm

When did they sell those Pringles? ???

Probably sometime in the 90's up to 2003/2004. They most likely stopped because everyone got soft and lame in 2004.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/25/16 at 6:00 pm

But the furry fandom wasn't that popular until the mid 90s at least.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/25/16 at 6:14 pm

I didn't hear about the Furries until the 00's decade, like around 2003!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/25/16 at 6:22 pm

Exactly! Furries didn't exist until 2003!

Written By: mxcrashxm on 02/25/16 at 6:52 pm

But the furry fandom wasn't that popular until the mid 90s at least.

Exactly! Furries didn't exist until 2003!

I didn't hear about the Furries until the 00's decade, like around 2003!

Slowpoke is right. Furries have been around for a long time.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 02/25/16 at 6:58 pm

As for the question, both decades have their own unique culture that stands out. Both were really fantastic as the eras offered many things and opportunities to enjoy. Despite some bad events occurring, people were more laid-back and natural than they are today. There wasn't any seriousness at all, just wacky and exciting.   

Written By: 80sfan on 02/25/16 at 8:00 pm

Probably took a long time to become popular?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/25/16 at 8:04 pm

Well yeah, but nobody outside of the furry fandom has heard of them until the 90s/2000s.

Written By: 2001 on 02/25/16 at 8:08 pm

Well yeah, but nobody outside of the furry fandom has heard of them until the 90s/2000s.

Probably because a lot of them are born 1982.

There were furries on the Internet in 1990 on Usenet, and as we all know, everything 80s culminated in the Spirit of 1990.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/25/16 at 8:18 pm

There were furries on the Internet in 1990 on Usenet, and as we all know, everything 80s culminated in the Spirit of 1990.

What!? No! Why would you say this?? There are no furries born in 1982.

There were a lot of rad skateboarders on Usenet in 1990 as the 80s culminated in 1990! What you mean is: there were a lot of furries on Myspace in 2011.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/25/16 at 8:52 pm

There were a lot of rad skateboarders on Usenet in 1990 as the 80s culminated in 1990! What you mean is: there were a lot of furries on Myspace in 2011.

That sounds right.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/25/16 at 8:54 pm

That sounds right.

Ha! Take that SlowpokeMc2001! You know I'm right when the Early 90s Guy himself agrees with me!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/25/16 at 9:44 pm

Well, would anybody give a crap back then? I wouldn't think so, since there were only a few people using the Internet in the early 90s.

Written By: 2001 on 02/25/16 at 9:49 pm

Well, would anybody give a crap back then? I wouldn't think so, since there were only a few people using the Internet in the early 90s.

Well you don't need Internet for fandoms to exist. I'm just saying it was popular enough to have its own Usenet group.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/25/16 at 9:54 pm

Well you don't need Internet for fandoms to exist. I'm just saying it was popular enough to have its own Usenet group.

Do you have proof of this statement? >:(

Written By: Toon on 02/25/16 at 9:56 pm

IdtKbq3Omkw
8)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/25/16 at 9:57 pm

Well if that's true, then furries really did exist since the late 80s.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/25/16 at 9:59 pm

IdtKbq3Omkw
8)

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/glee/images/5/54/Chris-rock-huh-face.gif/revision/latest/window-crop/width/200/x-offset/0/y-offset/0/window-width/500/window-height/250?cb=20141210201525

Well if that's true, then furries really did exist since the late 80s.

I think our friend up there is, uhh, lying.

Written By: 2001 on 02/25/16 at 10:07 pm

Do you have proof of this statement? >:(

https://en.wikifur.com/wiki/ConFurence_0

The newsgroup alt.net.furry was created in November 1990.

This article from 1996 when the government had to step in to stop teenagers of the time such as yourself from their furry obsession http://web.archive.org/web/20070927162630/http://www.pressedfur.com/press/muckity-muck.html

Written By: Toon on 02/25/16 at 10:08 pm

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/glee/images/5/54/Chris-rock-huh-face.gif/revision/latest/window-crop/width/200/x-offset/0/y-offset/0/window-width/500/window-height/250?cb=20141210201525

Don't give me that look! Mate, 1982 is the year of the furries.  8)

Written By: 2001 on 02/25/16 at 10:13 pm

It is definitely huge among pre-1987 millennials.  ;D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/25/16 at 10:14 pm

https://en.wikifur.com/wiki/ConFurence_0

The newsgroup alt.net.furry was created in November 1990.

This article from 1996 when the government had to step in to stop teenagers of the time such as yourself from their furry obsession http://web.archive.org/web/20070927162630/http://www.pressedfur.com/press/muckity-muck.html

You're very clever making this stuff up.

Now it's time to get grounded in reality, son.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-u4kiwjr1Rlw/UMognEX-M-I/AAAAAAAAD6k/Tlf9KjpvbBo/s1600/knock-knock.gif

The first furry internet group was created June 21st, 2003. It was call "Fluff for F*cks." Meetings usually took place on AOL messenger but often proved difficult as the real 2000's had not completely formed yet so many still used dial-up. The first "ConFurence" took place on August 15th, 2003 with a special appearance from Fall Out Boy who were dressed up as various Disney characters.

That news article is from February, 2004. Nice try.

No way! 1987-1993 are the real early furry years.

You guys are just angry because you weren't even born in the 80's like I was. Post-1989 millennials are even worse than post-1987. Millennials born in the early 80's would not dare become furries.

Written By: Toon on 02/25/16 at 10:15 pm

Definitely true! Them pre-1987 milennials started all this!  8)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/25/16 at 10:19 pm

I noticed a type-o. You typed "pre" where "post" was supposed to be.

Written By: Toon on 02/25/16 at 10:20 pm

I noticed a type-o. You typed "pre" where "post" was supposed to be.

Oh you're right, mate. Let me fix that.

Definitely true! Them post-1980 milennials started all this!  8)

There now it's all fix.  8)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/25/16 at 10:22 pm

Oh you're right, mate. Let me fix that.

There now it's all fix.  8)

Now you've made it even worse.

More like:
Post-1987 made it worse.

Post-1989 brought it to new levels of awful.

Written By: 2001 on 02/25/16 at 10:26 pm

You guys are just angry because you weren't even born in the 80's like I was. Post-1989 millennials are even worse than post-1987. Millennials born in the early 80's would not dare become furries.

By the time I was legally allowed to make a DeviantArt account, furry was already in the dictionary  8) it definitely belongs to pre-1987 millennials.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/25/16 at 10:27 pm

By the time I was legally allowed to make a DeviantArt account, furry was already in the dictionary  8) it definitely belongs to pre-1987 millennials.

Did you not read my post where I give the information about the origins of furrie culture?

I shall re-post it for you:

You're very clever making this stuff up.

Now it's time to get grounded in reality, son.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-u4kiwjr1Rlw/UMognEX-M-I/AAAAAAAAD6k/Tlf9KjpvbBo/s1600/knock-knock.gif

The first furry internet group was created June 21st, 2003. It was call "Fluff for F*cks." Meetings usually took place on AOL messenger but often proved difficult as the real 2000's had not completely formed yet so many still used dial-up. The first "ConFurence" took place on August 15th, 2003 with a special appearance from Fall Out Boy who were dressed up as various Disney characters.

That news article is from February, 2004. Nice try.

No way! 1987-1993 are the real early furry years.

Written By: 2001 on 02/25/16 at 10:30 pm

Did you not read my post where I give the information about the origins of furrie culture?

I shall re-post it for you:

If it was 2003 then legally the youngest people there would still be born 1985. You darn pre-1987 millennials  8-P

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/25/16 at 10:31 pm

If it was 2003 then legally the youngest people there would still be born 1985. You darn pre-1987 millennials  8-P

Uh, no, sorry. It was 1989 kids who turned 14 in 2003 that went to these conventions. 1989 is the year of the furrie.

Written By: 2001 on 02/25/16 at 10:36 pm

Uh, no, sorry. It was 1989 kids who turned 14 in 2003 that went to these conventions. 1989 is the year of the furrie.

14 year olds can't even drive! Much less rent out a hotel hall. I agree that 1989 is the year of the furry though, because that is when the real Confurence 0 was held  :P

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/25/16 at 10:39 pm

14 year olds can't even drive! Much less rent out a hotel hall. I agree that 1989 is the year of the furry though, because that is when the real Confurence 0 was held  :P

They got their mommies to drive them and rent the hotel hall, obviously. You're a teen of the real 2000's, you should know this. Woah, woah, woah! I meant in birth years! 1989 culture itself had nothing to do with furries!

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/26/16 at 6:34 am

Do you have any photos of '80s and early '90s furries? I would love to see them.

Written By: 2001 on 02/26/16 at 11:21 am

Do you have any photos of '80s and early '90s furries? I would love to see them.

I wouldn't!  8-P Not sure if I'm the person you should be asking haha.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/26/16 at 11:24 am

I wouldn't!  8-P Not sure if I'm the person you should be asking haha.

You don't have any because they don't exist.

Written By: 2001 on 02/26/16 at 11:30 am

You don't have any because they don't exist.

I found this

http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/1980s

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/26/16 at 11:33 am

I found this

http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/1980s

I see no photos of dudes dressed up as animals in the 80s in this article.

Written By: 2001 on 02/26/16 at 11:38 am

I see no photos of dudes dressed up as animals in the 80s in this article.

There's the Rowrbrazzle front cover from 1984, and that's just the front cover!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/26/16 at 11:43 am

There's the Rowrbrazzle front cover from 1984, and that's just the front cover!

That's a cartoon. You know, you can try all you want but furries did not exist in the 80's. I know these kinda things. 8)

Written By: 2001 on 02/26/16 at 11:51 am

That's a cartoon. You know, you can try all you want but furries did not exist in the 80's. I know these kinda things. 8)

You should buy the magazine from 1981

"First full-length chapter of Omaha the Cat Dancer appeared in Bizarre Sex issue 9."

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/26/16 at 11:56 am

You should buy the magazine from 1981

"First full-length chapter of Omaha the Cat Dancer appeared in Bizarre Sex issue 9."

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003161147/317121320_jackie_chan_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

If there's anything I'd wanna buy from 1981, it's this incredible record:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2e/Complete_Discography_Minor_Threat.jpg

But you weren't even born then so you don't know anything that existed before 2003/2004. Sorry.

Written By: 2001 on 02/26/16 at 1:59 pm

But you weren't alive in 1981 either  ???

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/26/16 at 2:03 pm

But you weren't alive in 1981 either  ???

It takes 9 months for a child to be born and I was born in August of 1982 (the 8th month of the year) so technically I was around in December 1981. Besides, 1982 is just another 1981 anyway. Take that, foo!

Written By: 2001 on 02/26/16 at 2:06 pm

It takes 9 months for a child to be born and I was born in August of 1982 (the 8th month of the year) so technically I was around in December 1981. Besides, 1982 is just another 1981 anyway. Take that, foo!

But it came out June 1981. You didn't even hear it in the womb.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/26/16 at 2:10 pm

How'd you know that!? Post-1987 Millennials shouldn't know about things from before 2003/2004, let alone 80's things!

How do you know? Maybe my parents played it for me in the womb during December of 1981.

Written By: 2001 on 02/26/16 at 2:14 pm

How'd you know that!? Post-1987 Millennials shouldn't know about things from before 2003/2004, let alone 80's things!

How do you know? Maybe my parents played it for me in the womb during December of 1981.

Maybe? You don't sound so sure.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/26/16 at 2:17 pm

;D

Written By: 2001 on 02/26/16 at 2:18 pm

Also you were a furry most likely from April 1982 to your birth in August since you had fetal fur. 1980s are the decade of furry.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/26/16 at 2:20 pm

Maybe? You don't sound so sure.

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/media/img/mt/2014/09/2190903226_1be8b3766b_b/lead_large.jpg?1430153476

I am pretty sure!

;D

It is the truth. ;D

Also you were a furry most likely from April 1982 to your birth in August since you had fetal fur. 1980s are the decade of furry.

http://canitbesaturdaynow.com/images/fpics/3425/da98b2197da32b07bde1bf0d9a626dc1.jpg

The 2000's are the decade of the furrie. The 80s are the decade of greatness.

Written By: 2001 on 02/26/16 at 2:28 pm

The echo boom peaked in the August of 1990 and plateaued after that, so most of the echo boom was in the 80s. The 1980s had the highest concentration of furry fetuses in Western history. It all makes sense now. It coincides with the rise of furry.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/26/16 at 2:31 pm

The echo boom peaked in the August of 1990 and plateaued after that, so most of the echo boom was in the 80s. The 1980s had the highest concentration of furry fetuses in Western history. It all makes sense now. It coincides with the rise of furry.

I don't think so. I think 1993 is the year of furrie births. ;)

Written By: 2001 on 02/26/16 at 2:36 pm

Isn't that when your precious Sonic the Hedgehog aired? That's when furry shot to new heights of popularity among the teenagers and older kids of the time.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/26/16 at 2:37 pm

Isn't that when your precious Sonic the Hedgehog aired? That's when furry shot to new heights of popularity among the teenagers and older kids of the time.

You're just upset that the good Sonic aired when I was a kid and you guys got the crap Sonic.

Written By: Howard on 02/26/16 at 2:38 pm

Maybe his Mother put headphones to her belly.

Written By: 2001 on 02/26/16 at 2:44 pm

Maybe his Mother put headphones to her belly.

Shouldn't she have put on something more PG? Maybe some nursery rhymes?

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/26/16 at 2:52 pm

;D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/26/16 at 3:00 pm

Howard's right. Just like this:

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/pregnant-woman-listening-music-17453946.jpg

This music is PG! >:( Pretty tame compared to the likes of the Angry Samoans which my mother is also a huge, huge fan of!

Written By: 2001 on 02/26/16 at 3:12 pm

Did it have any swearing?

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/26/16 at 3:13 pm

Did it have any swearing?

Yeah, every song has f*ck said at least twice.

Written By: 2001 on 02/26/16 at 3:14 pm

Yeah, every song has f*ck said at least twice.

That doesn't sound like appropriate listening for pregnant women.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/26/16 at 3:16 pm

That doesn't sound like appropriate listening for pregnant women.

It totally is!

Listen:
2XCvH2m1Gfo

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/26/16 at 3:29 pm

Not really. Furries were mostly born in the 80s. 1993 babies were around for the late 2000s/early 2010s part of the furry community.

Written By: Howard on 02/26/16 at 3:37 pm

Howard's right. Just like this:

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/pregnant-woman-listening-music-17453946.jpg

This music is PG! >:( Pretty tame compared to the likes of the Angry Samoans which my mother is also a huge, huge fan of!

What other music does she like?

Written By: Toon on 02/26/16 at 4:09 pm

Jordan, I caught you lying again!
https://media.giphy.com/media/C0B8fqYDwAVcQ/giphy.gif

Written By: Toon on 02/26/16 at 4:10 pm

You're just upset that the good Sonic aired when I was a kid and you guys got the crap Sonic.

When the good Sonic aired the furry fanbase grew. https://az545065.vo.msecnd.net/skype-faq-media/faq_content/skype/screenshots/fa12330/emoticons/smirk_80_anim_gif.gif

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/26/16 at 4:19 pm

When the good Sonic aired the furry fanbase grew. https://az545065.vo.msecnd.net/skype-faq-media/faq_content/skype/screenshots/fa12330/emoticons/smirk_80_anim_gif.gif

True, they're a lot of Sonic fans as furries.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/26/16 at 11:32 pm

Not really. Furries were mostly born in the 80s. 1993 babies were around for the late 2000s/early 2010s part of the furry community.

80's being post-1987.

What other music does she like?

Bands like Fear, the Angry Samoans, Roach Motel, G.G. Allin and the Child Molesters.

Jordan, I caught you lying again!
https://media.giphy.com/media/C0B8fqYDwAVcQ/giphy.gif

Me? Lie? Never. But this video of yours, I just do not understand it!

No, when the bad sonic aired (when did that anime sonic air?) is when the furrie fanbase grew.

Written By: Toon on 02/27/16 at 12:08 am

I post that whenever I catch someone lying.  8) Saw your nose growing which is when I caught ya.

No, when the bad sonic aired (when did that anime sonic air?) is when the furrie fanbase grew.

Late 2003...... :(...oh snap you're right!

B-but wait a minute! The old ones from 1993 also cause caused the furry fanbase to grow though.
All because of this lady!
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/sonicnl/images/5/5b/Sal.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100205231355&path-prefix=nl

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/27/16 at 12:12 am

I post that whenever I catch someone lying.  8) Saw your nose growing which is when I caught ya.

I am more honest than Abe himself!

Late 2003...... :(...oh snap you're right!

B-but wait a minute! The old ones from 1993 also cause caused the furry fanbase to grow though.
All because of this lady!
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/sonicnl/images/5/5b/Sal.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100205231355&path-prefix=nl

Told ya'. Everyone got lamer and softer in 2003 which helped propel furriemania.

Not when it aired, though. When 1993ers got into Sally (8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P) and discovered the SatAM cartoon, it was probably in 2003 (while watching that other awful one).

This one was the better cartoon anyway:
http://www.sega-16.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/Sonic-From-Cartoons-to-Comics-1.jpg

Written By: Toon on 02/27/16 at 12:47 am

I am more honest than Abe himself!

Pinocchio, someday you'll become a real boy. But sadly that isn't today.

Told ya'. Everyone got lamer and softer in 2003 which helped propel furriemania.

Not when it aired, though. When 1993ers got into Sally (8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P) and discovered the SatAM cartoon, it was probably in 2003 (while watching that other awful one).

This one was the better cartoon anyway:
http://www.sega-16.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/Sonic-From-Cartoons-to-Comics-1.jpg

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog lacked the furry vibe. It mostly consisted of Sonic and Tails beating robots. Sonic SatAM is the one everyone likes to point fingers at. Sonic X (the 2003 anime) is mainly about a human boy named Chris who befriends Sonic and a bunch of other animal characters......oh snap this show is pretty furry... :(

But wait a second! How do you explain the 1980s and 1990s having tons of shows staring furry animals as main characters?!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/27/16 at 12:51 am

Pinocchio, someday you'll become a real boy. But sadly that isn't today.

I do not believe I'm a wooden puppet. Sorry.

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog lacked the furry vibe. It mostly consisted of Sonic and Tails beating robots. Sonic SatAM is the one everyone likes to point fingers at. Sonic X (the 2003 anime) is mainly about a human boy named Chris who befriends Sonic and a bunch of other animal characters......oh snap this show is pretty furry... :(

But wait a second! How do you explain the 1980s and 1990s having tons of shows staring furry animals as main characters?!

Yeah, that show was so much cooler to watch! See? That Sonic X show is pretty fishy if you ask me. Plus, it's an anime cartoon. I never trust those cartoons.

Because in the 80's and 90's, those things were supposed to be cute unlike today where.... I don't even wanna know the purpose of furry animals today...

Written By: Howard on 02/27/16 at 7:33 am

80's being post-1987.

Bands like Fear, the Angry Samoans, Roach Motel, G.G. Allin and the Child Molesters.

I thought she would like oldies music.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/27/16 at 9:33 am

The '80s versus the '90s? That's almost like asking who's better, Arnold Jackson or Steve Urkel? Three's Company or Seinfeld? Happy Days or seasons 3 to 6 of The Wonder Years? What's Happening Now or Saved by the Bell: The College Years? I'm really surprised the debate has not gone on longer.  ;D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/27/16 at 11:56 am

The '80s versus the '90s? That's almost like asking who's better, Arnold Jackson or Steve Urkel? Three's Company or Seinfeld? Happy Days or seasons 3 to 6 of The Wonder Years? What's Happening Now or Saved by the Bell: The College Years? I'm really surprised the debate has not gone on longer.  ;D

I guess everyone realizes the superiority of the 80's.

I thought she would like oldies music.

Haha, I'm kidding. My mom doesn't listen to all that much music but she likes bands like The Beatles.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/27/16 at 12:00 pm

The 80s are superior compared to the 90s. They had amazing pop culture/trends, and many people didn't forget that. Hell, they're still people on the Internet who post commercials, movies, and songs from the 80s.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/27/16 at 12:04 pm

The 80s are superior compared to the 90s. They had amazing pop culture/trends, and many people didn't forget that. Hell, they're still people on the Internet who post commercials, movies, and songs from the 80s.

I agree. If you look at every year of the 80's you will always find a classic. The movies, the music, the vibe, the television, the fashion, the video games... Man it was all amazing. The 80's is the best decade of all time by far. I miss that way of living.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/27/16 at 12:05 pm

I agree. If you like at every year of the 80's you will always find a classic. The movies, the music, the vibe, the television, the fashion, the video games... Man it was all amazing. The 80's is the best decade of all time by far. I miss that way of living.

Me too. Even if I wasn't born in the 80s, they were still a great decade to live in.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/27/16 at 12:07 pm

Me too. Even if I wasn't born in the 80s, they were still a great decade to live in.

They totally were. Society peaked in the 80s.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/27/16 at 1:08 pm

If we're going by the new TV shows, movies, songs, commercials, toys, and gadgets of the '90s, then how could they stand a chance? Compare Everybody Loves Raymond to ALF and of course, ALF comes out on top every time. The major difference between the '80s and '90s were the times that came after them. We still had one more year of the 20th century to go while we were living in the '80s. In the '90s, we were pushing with each passing year to "party like it's 1999". Who wants to revisit 1999, today? By the looks of it, not many on here. There lies the answer to why the '80s are so much better than the '90s. I mainly love the early '90s for the '90s culture Saved by the Bell, Married with Children, and the Gameboy], by the way. I could do without stuff like Melrose Place, but the show had its' moments.  :)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/27/16 at 1:16 pm

If we're going by the new TV shows, movies, songs, commercials, toys, and gadgets of the '90s, then how could they stand a chance? Compare Everybody Loves Raymond to ALF and of course, ALF comes out on top every time. The major difference between the '80s and '90s were the times that came after them. We still had one more year of the 20th century to go while we were living in the '80s. In the '90s, we were pushing with each passing year to "party like it's 1999". Who wants to revisit 1999, today? By the looks of it, not many on here. There lies the answer to why the '80s are so much better than the '90s. I mainly love the early '90s for the '90s culture, by the way. I could do without stuff like Melrose Place, but the show had its' moments.  :)

I'd love to revisit 1999 but I'd rather revisit any year of the 80's. The 80s had better music, movies and fashion. Like I've said before, every year of that decade had a classic! Every year!

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/27/16 at 3:09 pm

I'd love to revisit 1999 but I'd rather revisit any year of the 80's. The 80s had better music, movies and fashion. Like I've said before, every year of that decade had a classic! Every year!

Exactly, there was not any magic in the year '99 like there was in each and every year of the 1980s. So, it's not hard to see why people prefer the '80s to the '90s.

Written By: Howard on 02/27/16 at 5:57 pm

Haha, I'm kidding. My mom doesn't listen to all that much music but she likes bands like The Beatles.

Does she like funk and disco?

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/27/16 at 9:31 pm

It's really too bad the early '90s (1990, 1991, and 1992) could not be in a class of their own. They were too cool to be '90s years. They were the least dry out of the whole time period.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/27/16 at 9:33 pm

It's really too bad the early '90s (1990, 1991, and 1992) could not be in a class of their own. They were too cool to be '90s years. They were the least dry out of the whole time period.

You seem to have mixed feelings about 1993. Sometimes I see you list it as part of 1990-1992, but sometimes I see you not listing it.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/27/16 at 9:47 pm

You seem to have mixed feelings about 1993. Sometimes I see you list it as part of 1990-1992, but sometimes I see you not listing it.

'93 was definitely the first year of the mid '90s. I did not know how to list those years initially. Thankfully, I cleared that up by typing out the years and not including the dash. Though, I could have said 1990-1992. That would have been correct also.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/27/16 at 10:05 pm

How many people on here would actually focus on the incoming 2000s culture (I.e. FRIENDS, Beverly Hills 90210, Sony PlayStation, and etc.) over the '90s culture (Seinfeld, Saved by the Bell, Gameboy, and etc. etc.) if they were travel back in time to the 1990s?

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/27/16 at 10:29 pm

Exactly, there was not any magic in the year '99 like there was in each and every year of the 1980s. So, it's not hard to see why people prefer the '80s to the '90s.

I agree. The 80's were something special.

Does she like funk and disco?

She really likes Earth, Wind and Fire. I think she likes The Bee Gees too. Not much Funk, though.

I feel the exact same way. The early 90's were a lot different than the rest of the decade. More like years of the 80's.

Funny thing is, I feel the same way about 2000, 2001 and 2002 when compared to the rest of the 2000's. The first three years of that decade aren't real 2000's in my eyes.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/27/16 at 10:31 pm

How many people on here would actually focus on the incoming 2000s culture (I.e. FRIENDS, Beverly Hills 90210, Sony PlayStation, and etc.) over the '90s culture (Seinfeld, Saved by the Bell, Gameboy, and etc. etc.) if they were travel back in time to the 1990s?

All of the crap you said were part of the 90s.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/28/16 at 8:09 am

All of the crap you said were part of the 90s.

Why did it span decades, then?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/28/16 at 8:34 am

Why did it span decades, then?

Because it aired new episodes during the 2000s.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/28/16 at 2:02 pm

Because it aired new episodes during the 2000s.

Exactly, Friends, Beverly Hills 90210, and the like are '90s and 2000s shows. Because they were like nothing else on at the time, I label them "incoming 00s shows". The new episodes of series like ER and Buffy the Vampire Slayerwere right on the mark in 1999 and all of the true '90s shows, like Roseanne, were gone by that point. So, '99 was the first year of the 2000s, to me.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/28/16 at 2:05 pm

Exactly, Friends, Beverly Hills 90210, and the like are '90s and 2000s shows. Because they were like nothing else on at the time, I label them "incoming 00s shows". The new episodes were right on the mark, so to say, in 1999. All of the true '90s shows, like Roseanne, were gone by that point. So, '99 was the first year of the 2000s, to me.

1998 to me. 1998 was a lot different than the rest of the decade. Buuuuttt, we all have our own opinions and I've already debated this too many times. :P

You could say Friends is a 2000's show because it aired 5 years in the 90s and 5 in the 00s.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/28/16 at 2:23 pm

Exactly, Friends, Beverly Hills 90210, and the like are '90s and 2000s shows. Because they were like nothing else on at the time, I label them "incoming 00s shows". The new episodes of series like ER and Buffy the Vampire Slayerwere right on the mark in 1999 and all of the true '90s shows, like Roseanne, were gone by that point. So, '99 was the first year of the 2000s, to me.

1999 however, was simply half late 90s/half early '00s. So, it was not the first full '00s cultural year. That belongs to 2002. Also, Beverly Hills 90210 mostly aired in the 90s, while the show ended in 2000. So, it can't be a 2000s show.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/28/16 at 2:27 pm

1999 however, was simply half late 90s/half early '00s. So, it was not the first full '00s cultural year. That belongs to 2002. Also, Beverly Hills 90210 mostly aired in the 90s, while the show ended in 2000. So, it can't be a 2000s show.

:o :o :o :o :o :o

2002 is most definitely not a real 2000's year. Saying things like this will make Bubba very, very upset.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/28/16 at 2:36 pm

2002 is most definitely not a real 2000's year. Saying things like this will make Bubba very, very upset.

Yeah, I knew somehow you were gonna post that. Here's the thing, 2002 was like the transition from the 90s-00s. I know what you're thinking. "But NewYorkEagle, 2003 was the transition from the 90s to 2000s." 2003 was the first core '00s year to most people. That's why mqg96, ocarinafan96, Eazy-EMan1995, and myself said that many times.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/28/16 at 2:41 pm

Yeah, I knew somehow you were gonna post that. Here's the thing, 2002 was like the transition from the 90s-00s. I know what you're thinking. "But NewYorkEagle, 2003 was the transition from the 90s to 2000s." 2003 was the first core '00s year to most people. That's why mqg96, ocarinafan96, Eazy-EMan1995, and myself said that many times.

But NewYorkEagle, 2003 was the transition from the 90s to 2000s.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/28/16 at 3:25 pm

How was 1999 a half late '90s and half late '00s year? How can a year belong to one time and another?

Beverly Hills 90210 may have aired, for the most part, in the '90s, but it was far more of an intense drama than the other teen shows of the time like Saved by the Bell and Degrassi High. I consider it a 2000s show, even though it was on for every year of the '90s like you were saying above. It was too square to be a '90s show.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/28/16 at 3:25 pm

How was 2002 not a real 2000s year? I would not call it the start of the 2000s, but it was a year of that time.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/28/16 at 3:33 pm

How was 2002 not a real 2000s year? I would not call it the start of the 2000s, but it was a year of that time.

2002 didn't have defining real 2000's elements. No faux-Emo, no Myspace, XP was not even a factor until 2003, the iPod was totally insignificant, teen movies were still modeled after American Pie Can't Hardly Wait, fashion meant puka shell necklaces, bleached hair, baggy clothes, dickies pants, teen pop was still on the charts, the 5th gen and 6th of gaming co-existed with each other and Nu Metal and real Pop Punk was big, etc., etc. etc.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/28/16 at 4:16 pm

2002 didn't have defining real 2000's elements. No faux-Emo, no Myspace, XP was not even a factor until 2003, the iPod was totally insignificant, teen movies were still modeled after American Pie Can't Hardly Wait, fashion meant puka shell necklaces, bleached hair, baggy clothes, dickies pants, teen pop was still on the charts, the 5th gen and 6th of gaming co-existed with each other and Nu Metal and real Pop Punk was big, etc., etc. etc.

I see what you mean. It was a lot closer in tone to the very early '00s (1999-2001) than the late '00s (2008-2010).

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/28/16 at 4:20 pm

I see what you mean. It was a lot closer in tone to the very early '00s (1999-2001) than the late '00s (2008-2010).

Glad you see my viewpoint! ;)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/28/16 at 5:37 pm

How was 1999 a half late '90s and half late '00s year? How can a year belong to one time and another?

Beverly Hills 90210 may have aired, for the most part, in the '90s, but it was far more of an intense drama than the other teen shows of the time like Saved by the Bell and Degrassi High. I consider it a 2000s show, even though it was on for every year of the '90s like you were saying above. It was too square to be a '90s show.

Just because it aired during 1998-2000, that doesn't mean it was a 2000s show. Beverly Hills 90210 was simply a 90s show. It aired from October 4, 1990 to May 17, 2000. Only five months from the 2000s doesn't make it a 2000s show. It clearly makes no sense. The only shows you mentioned that were 90s was Saved By The Bell and Degrassi High.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/28/16 at 9:25 pm

Just because it aired during 1998-2000, that doesn't mean it was a 2000s show. Beverly Hills 90210 was simply a 90s show. It aired from October 4, 1990 to May 17, 2000. Only five months from the 2000s doesn't make it a 2000s show. It clearly makes no sense. The only shows you mentioned that were 90s was Saved By The Bell and Degrassi High.

Exactly. The only shows I mentioned that were '90s were Saved by the Bell and Degrassi High. Beverly Hills 90210 may have been on for every year of the '90s, but it fits in more with the 2000s, thus making it a 2000s show to me.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/28/16 at 9:32 pm

Exactly. The only shows I mentioned that were '90s were Saved by the Bell and Degrassi High. Beverly Hills 90210 may have been on for every year of the '90s, but it fits in more with the 2000s, thus making it a 2000s show to me.

If we're going over your opinion, then I don't think it would defend your case. Original airing dates aren't opinionated to discuss over what decade the show's from. It simply states what years did the show aired in. As in new episodes. Your logic doesn't make any sense with this.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/28/16 at 10:37 pm

If we're going over your opinion, then I don't think it would defend your case. Original airing dates aren't opinionated to discuss over what decade the show's from. It simply states what years did the show aired in. As in new episodes. Your logic doesn't make any sense with this.

The fashions, settings, dances, and lingo on Beverly Hills 90210 all important to in the '90s, but it was a very 2000s show (an hour-long drama about teenagers). How does that not make any sense?

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/28/16 at 10:41 pm

The fashions, settings, dances, and lingo on Beverly Hills 90210 all important to in the '90s, but it was a very 2000s show despite the air dates. How does that not make any sense?

Interesting perspective.

What makes Beverly Hills 90210 a 2000's show? Specific things about it.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/28/16 at 10:43 pm

It was one of the first prime time hour-long drama about teenagers.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/28/16 at 10:44 pm

It was one of the first prime time hour-long drama about teenagers.

What about Saved By the Bell?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/29/16 at 5:52 am

Interesting perspective.

It's not really a 2000s show. Making it air only five months during the 2000s, while airing throughout the 90s doesn't make it a '00s show.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/29/16 at 7:47 am

The first episode and a few more aired in weeknights, but they were 30 minute episodes with commercials in between.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/29/16 at 7:54 am

It's not really a 2000s show. Making it air only five months during the 2000s, while airing throughout the 90s doesn't make it a '00s show.

The general public may not think of it as a 2000s show, but it was the first of its kind. We have Beverly Hills 90210 to thank for Dawson's Creek, The OC, Gossip Girl, and all of the other hour long teen shows that came after it. Like I said before, there were no other shows like Beverly Hills 90210 on at the time. It stood out like a sore thumb for that reason. Some people think of 1999 as the very first year of the 2000s, so 90210 was on for one full year and five months of the next one.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/29/16 at 9:24 am

The first episode and a few more aired in weeknights, but they were 30 minute episodes with commercials in between.

True but it was the first of it's kind.

Written By: Howard on 02/29/16 at 2:45 pm

The cast all grew up after the show's final episode.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/29/16 at 3:40 pm

Yeah, but they were the first to do one of those high school shows, if I'm not mistaken.

Written By: Howard on 02/29/16 at 4:32 pm

Yeah, but they were the first to do one of those high school shows, if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, true.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/29/16 at 5:15 pm

True but it was the first of it's kind.

Saved by the Bell was the first Saturday morning TV show for pre-teens and teenagers, but it was not an hour long prime time drama like 90210 was. A few years back, 90210 aired on the Soap channel… Saved by the bell has only been shown on TBS, MTV2, and in syndication in recent times. Saved by the Bell will one day be considered a cult TV classic, whereas 90210 will be thought of as Dynasty: The Next Generation by future diehard soap fanatics everywhere.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/29/16 at 5:16 pm

The College Years were worst than the Tori days. ;D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/29/16 at 5:19 pm

Saved by the Bell was the first Saturday morning TV show for pre-teens and teenagers, but it was not an hour long prime time drama like 90210 was. A few years back, 90210 aired on the Soap channel… Saved by the bell has only been shown on TBS, MTV2, and in syndication in recent times. Saved by the Bell will one day be considered a cult TV classic, whereas 90210 will be thought of as Dynasty: The Next Generation by future diehard soap fanatics everywhere.

So, what you're saying is, the format of 90210 makes it more like a 00's show than a 90's show.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/29/16 at 5:31 pm

So, what you're saying is, the format of 90210 makes it more like a 00's show than a 90's show.

Yes.

Written By: 2001 on 02/29/16 at 5:42 pm

What shows airing at the moment can be considered 2020s shows? :o

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/29/16 at 6:09 pm

What shows airing at the moment can be considered 2020s shows? :o

Game of Thrones, Girls, and Orange is the New Black.

Written By: #Infinity on 02/29/16 at 6:24 pm

What if they end before the start of the next decade?

Written By: 2001 on 02/29/16 at 6:34 pm

I will concede that the A Song of Ice and Fire book series is shaping up to be a 2020s (if not 2030s) book series despite the series starting in 1996 ;D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/29/16 at 6:38 pm

Is this a joke, or are you being actually serious? If it's the latter, then how come all of those started in the early 2010s?

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/29/16 at 6:39 pm

Is this a joke, or are you being actually serious? If it's the latter, then how come all of those started in the early 2010s?

That's because stuff from the 2010's is meant for the 2020's.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/29/16 at 6:52 pm

The general public may not think of it as a 2000s show, but it was the first of its kind. We have Beverly Hills 90210 to thank for Dawson's Creek, The OC, Gossip Girl, and all of the other hour long teen shows that came after it. Like I said before, there were no other shows like Beverly Hills 90210 on at the time. It stood out like a sore thumb for that reason. Some people think of 1999 as the very first year of the 2000s, so 90210 was on for one full year and five months of the next one.

Just because it inspired other shows from the 2000s, that doesn't mean it was originally a 2000s show. That's basically the most bizarre logic I've ever read on this website.

Written By: 2001 on 02/29/16 at 6:56 pm

But Game of Thrones aired in the first six months of 2011. Is it not included in the Spirit of 11?

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/29/16 at 6:57 pm

But Game of Thrones aired in the first six months of 2011. Is it not included in the Spirit of 11?

No, it's not. It's meant for the spirit of 2022.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/29/16 at 7:01 pm

So much inthe00s logic, my head is going to explode!!!!!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/29/16 at 7:02 pm

That's like saying The Sopranos is for the 2010s, even though it never aired new episodes during the 2010s. It's quite illogical.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/29/16 at 7:04 pm

So much inthe00s logic, my head is going to explode!!!!!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

https://i.imgur.com/0rgC6h.jpg

:D :D :D :D

That's like saying The Sopranos is for the 2010s, even though it never aired new episodes during the 2010s. It's quite illogical.

Ask Early 90s Guy about it. He'll have the answer.

Written By: 2001 on 02/29/16 at 7:05 pm

No, it's not. It's meant for the spirit of 2022.

Does this mean Katy Perry is also for the Spirit of 2022? :D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/29/16 at 7:06 pm

You mean the not hot version of Katy Hudson? Yes, Katy Perry is meant for the spirit of 2022.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/29/16 at 7:07 pm

https://i.imgur.com/0rgC6h.jpg

:D :D :D :D

Ask Early 90s Guy about it. He'll have the answer.

Oh damn, he done blow up!!!  :o  :o

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/29/16 at 7:08 pm

Oh damn, he done blow up!!!  :o  :o

He just went off and BOOM! :D :D :D :D :D

Written By: 80sfan on 02/29/16 at 7:09 pm

He just went off and BOOM! :D :D :D :D :D

;D  ;D

Written By: Toon on 02/29/16 at 7:10 pm

I can see shows from 2018-2019 being 2020's shows as there a good chance most of the episodes would air in the 2020s.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/29/16 at 7:10 pm

Are the 1990's like bland vanilla yogurt to everbody?  ???

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/29/16 at 7:11 pm

Are the 1990's like bland vanilla yogurt to everbody?  ???

Compared to the 80's, yes.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/29/16 at 7:14 pm

Compared to the 80's, yes.

The 1980's was like a blender?

http://thesteve.club/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/cactus-splashing-from-blender.jpg

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/29/16 at 7:16 pm

The 1980's was like a blender?

http://thesteve.club/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/cactus-splashing-from-blender.jpg

Yeah, that looks exactly like the 80's to me! Compared to that... Well... The 90's are like a ham sandwich. The 2000's, on the other hand, oh boy. They're like stale bread compared to either!

Written By: 80sfan on 02/29/16 at 7:18 pm

Yeah, that looks exactly like the 80's to me! Compared to that... Well... The 90's are like a ham sandwich. The 2000's, on the other hand, oh boy. They're like stale bread compared to either!

1990's.

http://getfoodwise.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/plain-yogurt.jpg

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/29/16 at 7:20 pm

1990's.

Yeah, that looks like the 90's to me!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/29/16 at 7:32 pm

1990's.

2000's
http://static1.squarespace.com/static/545944d5e4b0d859e8027320/t/561da86ce4b0245b186bb3dc/1444784237937/

1990's
http://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video_thumb/CHJjPOZW8AEOvRp.png

1980's
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VCyhVXUEDj4/U_8SYX6TaXI/AAAAAAAAAzI/zHodUmnqYQU/s1600/Wendys-healthy.png

Yeah, if the 1980s were like food, they'll be like Wendy's Hamburgers. Same with the 90s and 2000s. They're like decent fast food meals. However, the 2010s aren't like that. They're like this.

2010's
http://edge.alluremedia.com.au/uploads/businessinsider/2015/06/Maccas3.jpg

Written By: 80sfan on 02/29/16 at 7:35 pm

2000's
http://static1.squarespace.com/static/545944d5e4b0d859e8027320/t/561da86ce4b0245b186bb3dc/1444784237937/

1990's
http://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video_thumb/CHJjPOZW8AEOvRp.png

1980's
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VCyhVXUEDj4/U_8SYX6TaXI/AAAAAAAAAzI/zHodUmnqYQU/s1600/Wendys-healthy.png

Yeah, if the 1980s were like food, they'll be like Wendy's Hamburgers. Same with the 90s and 2000s. They're like decent fast food meals. However, the 2010s aren't like that. They're like this.

2010's
http://edge.alluremedia.com.au/uploads/businessinsider/2015/06/Maccas3.jpg

@2010's.....ewww.  8-P

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/29/16 at 7:41 pm

What if they end before the start of the next decade?

Going by the way things have been so far, they probably won't end before 2020.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/29/16 at 7:42 pm

@2010's.....ewww.  8-P

The 2010's:

http://thumb7.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/226855/226855,1325054888,1/stock-vector-poop-cartoon-91593554.jpg

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/29/16 at 7:43 pm

@2010's.....ewww.  8-P

Yeah... I tried to get a picture that was just a bland burger, but I thought a moldy cheeseburger defines what I feel about the 2010s.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/29/16 at 7:47 pm

Yeah... I tried to get a picture that was just a bland burger, but I thought a moldy cheeseburger defines what I feel about the 2010s.

2020's!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/faQO57Iwlo0/maxresdefault.jpg

Written By: 80sfan on 02/29/16 at 7:49 pm

The 2010's:

http://thumb7.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/226855/226855,1325054888,1/stock-vector-poop-cartoon-91593554.jpg

That's a sh*tty situation.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/29/16 at 7:50 pm

That's a sh*tty situation.

Hahahaha! Indeed it is! ;D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/29/16 at 7:52 pm

The 2010's:

You know, that's an exact depiction of the 2010s. :)

Written By: Toon on 02/29/16 at 7:53 pm

1990's.

I haven't seen something so tasteless before in my life.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/29/16 at 7:54 pm

Dallas started in 1978 and ran all throughout the rest of the '80s into the '90s. Some shows do premiere in the first year of a new time and end in the second subera of that time, though. Those shows are usually connected to something that came before them. To give you an example, Parker Lewis Can't Lose was on the air from the fall of 1990 to the spring of 1993 and it was thought of as a Ferris Bueller rip-off by critics.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/29/16 at 8:04 pm

Just because it inspired other shows from the 2000s, that doesn't mean it was originally a 2000s show. That's basically the most bizarre

The format of the show is what sets it apart from other programs that were on at the time.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/29/16 at 8:06 pm

No, Game of Thrones will, more than likely, be one of the things that makes up the spirit of 2020.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/29/16 at 8:06 pm

90210 was on the air in 1998, 1999 and 2000, so it also has episodes of the early 2000's.

Early 90s Guy has a point from a certain point of view (like our good friend Obi Wan says).

No, Game of Thrones will, more than likely, be one of the things that makes up the spirit of 2020.

My point exactly.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/29/16 at 8:09 pm

Series one through six of The Sopranos was first sold on DVD in 2012.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/29/16 at 8:10 pm

What if the show ended before 2020? I wouldn't think so, since the spirit of 2020 makes no sense whatsoever to anybody.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/29/16 at 8:11 pm

No, the start date of the California Dreams Tour was in 2011.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/29/16 at 8:13 pm

What if the show ended before 2020? I wouldn't think so, since the spirit of 2020 makes no sense whatsoever to anybody.

It's a smash hit at the moment. There's a good chance it will be shown all the way into the 2020 to 2021 fall season.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/29/16 at 8:15 pm

Series one through six of The Sopranos was first sold on DVD in 2012.

I've looked up its DVD release dates, and Seasons 1-6 were released from 2000 to 2008. Yet again, how can it be a show from the 2010s, where it ended before 2010 even started?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/29/16 at 8:15 pm

It's a smash hit at the moment. There's a good chance it will be shown all the way into the 2020 to 2021 fall season.

It still makes it a 2010s show, if the show ended soon.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/29/16 at 8:20 pm

I've looked up its DVD release dates, and Seasons 1-6 were released from 2000 to 2008.

Please forgive me, I meant to say the complete series was sold on DVD for the first time in 2012.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/29/16 at 8:28 pm

Please forgive me, I meant to say the complete series was sold on DVD for the first time in 2012.

Three complete series boxsets was released in November 19, 2007 (Region 2), November 11, 2008 (Region 1 Deluxe Edition), and November 24, 2008 (Region 2 Deluxe Edition).

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/29/16 at 8:33 pm

Yet again, how can it be a show from the 2010s, where it ended before 2010 even started?

I never said it was a show from the 2010s.

Now that mention it, David Benioff did jokingly call Game of Thrones "The Sopranos in Middle Earth."

In other words, The Sopranos was the first of its kind on HBO in 1999.

Didn't the edited versions of The Sopranos run on A&E until sometime in the early '10s?

Written By: 2001 on 02/29/16 at 8:34 pm

No, the start date of the California Dreams Tour was in 2011.

Thanks for dashing my hopes :'(

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/29/16 at 8:34 pm

Three complete series boxsets was released in November 19, 2007 (Region 2), November 11, 2008 (Region 1 Deluxe Edition), and November 24, 2008 (Region 2 Deluxe Edition).

Thank you for that information.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/29/16 at 8:37 pm

Sorry for that, Slowpoke.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/29/16 at 8:39 pm

I never said it was a show from the 2010s.

Then why did you say it was a 2010s show?

Now that mention it, David Benioff did jokingly call Game of Thrones "The Sopranos in Middle Earth."

Maybe it was because Game of Thrones is HBO's most successful show right now, as opposed to The Sopranos in the 2000s.

In other words, The Sopranos was the first of its kind on HBO in 1999.

Or unless you saw Oz (premiered 1997), or Sex and the City (premiered 1998).

Didn't the edited versions of The Sopranos run on A&E until sometime in the early '10s?

I think so... but the early '10s had some '00s vibes, so nay on the whole 2010s thing.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/29/16 at 8:42 pm

I don't understand your love of Katy Perry. Katy Hudson was much better.

Written By: 2001 on 02/29/16 at 8:44 pm

She is the most talented artist of our times.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/29/16 at 8:47 pm

She is the most talented artist of our times.

She stopped being hot in 2003, though. That's also around the time she started calling herself Katy Perry.

You guys have a low margin for talent if she's the "most talented."

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/29/16 at 8:48 pm

Then why did you say it was a 2010s show?

It was introduced in April of 1999. A&E did not pick up the syndicated version of the show until 2005.

Maybe it was because Game of Thrones is HBO's most successful show right now, as opposed to The Sopranos in the 2000s.

I believe he said that because Game of Thrones has some similarities to The Sopranos. I have never watched Game of Thrones, so I would not know.

Or unless you saw Oz (premiered 1997), or Sex and the City (premiered 1998).

Good point. Without the success of Oz, The Sopranos may have never been on the air.

Written By: 2001 on 02/29/16 at 8:52 pm

She stopped being hot in 2003, though. That's also around the time she started calling herself Katy Perry.

You guys have a low margin for talent if she's the "most talented."

I don't care about her hotness, but I think she looks prettier and more feminine now.

When we are talking about the best, margins do not matter. She is better than everyone else 8)

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 02/29/16 at 8:54 pm

;D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/29/16 at 8:58 pm

I don't care about her hotness, but I think she looks prettier and more feminine now.

When we are talking about the best, margins do not matter. She is better than everyone else 8)

I do. I think she looked better when she was a tomboy in 2001 and 2002. That was hot. I remember back in the early 00's there was a site called "Hot or Not" and it was a lot of fun. My wife (then-girlfriend) hated it, though! It was quite funny. If Katy Perry was on it, I'd rate her "NOT!" but if Hudson was on, I'd rate her "HOT!"

Margins do matter. Society has sucked since 2003. You're Canadian, you should listen to Gob!

pZySviIcWQU

This song is from 2002 (which you better say is a part of the spirit of 1998 or Bubba's gonna get pissed! >:()

;D

It's the truth. She was much, much hotter back then.

HOT!

http://www.katyhudson.ca/contest/caption.jpg

http://katyhudson.ca/images/promo/p20.jpg

Not...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/77/Katy_Perry_3_November_2014.jpg

http://media4.popsugar-assets.com/files/2013/01/02/4/192/1922398/d9125db7a9ebef2e_katyperry.xxxlarge_2.jpg

Written By: 2001 on 02/29/16 at 9:07 pm

Is she 17 in those pics?

Jordan, please have a seat.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/29/16 at 9:09 pm

Is she 17 in those pics?

No, I am pretty sure she is 18 in these pictures. If she is 17 then... 8-P 8-P 8-P No thank you. Still, when those photos came out I was 19/20.

Written By: 2001 on 03/01/16 at 2:00 pm

No, I am pretty sure she is 18 in these pictures. If she is 17 then... 8-P 8-P 8-P No thank you. Still, when those photos came out I was 19/20.

yGq6U5-_qSs

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/01/16 at 2:02 pm

yGq6U5-_qSs

God dammit! >:(

Written By: Howard on 03/01/16 at 2:52 pm

The College Years were worst than the Tori days. ;D

I remember when Zack had a crush on Tori.

Written By: Howard on 03/01/16 at 2:55 pm

people were trying to be self-conscious about their weight around this time.

Written By: Howard on 03/01/16 at 2:57 pm

That's actually the black bun.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/01/16 at 2:58 pm

That's actually the black bun.
Black! Is it burnt?

Written By: Howard on 03/01/16 at 2:58 pm

Is she 17 in those pics?

;D

Written By: Howard on 03/01/16 at 2:59 pm

Black! Is it burnt?

Yes, it's supposed to look that way.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/01/16 at 3:00 pm

Yes, it's supposed to look that way.
...and did it taste that way?

Written By: Howard on 03/01/16 at 4:33 pm

...and did it taste that way?

I never tried it yet.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/01/16 at 4:36 pm

I never tried it yet.
Go on, give it go?

Written By: 2001 on 03/02/16 at 9:45 am

Go on, give it go?

I imagine it tastes like normal bread, which means it's better than Subway bread.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/02/16 at 9:58 am

I imagine it tastes like normal bread, which means it's better than Subway bread.
I understand...

Written By: Toon on 03/02/16 at 10:11 am

You DARE insult Subway bread?! >:( Do you know how many men died in order to gain the knowledge of making Subway bread?!

Written By: 2001 on 03/02/16 at 1:41 pm

You DARE insult Subway bread?! >:( Do you know how many men died in order to gain the knowledge of making Subway bread?!

Being a Subway employee sounds atrocious.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/02/16 at 2:48 pm

Being a Subway employee sounds atrocious.

Dude, Subway's rad, what are you talking about?

Written By: Howard on 03/02/16 at 2:50 pm

Go on, give it go?

I will see one day on my break if Burger King still sells the black burger.

Written By: Howard on 03/02/16 at 2:51 pm

I eat Subway once in a while.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/02/16 at 2:57 pm

I find that Subway is too expensive over here.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/02/16 at 3:01 pm

Subway's pretty good but it's no Taco Bell!

Subway can be a bit on the pricey side.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/02/16 at 3:02 pm

Subway's pretty good but it's no Taco Bell!

Subway can be a bit on the pricey side.
Sandwiches made at home are cheaper!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/02/16 at 3:04 pm

That's true but the question is: Do they taste as good?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/02/16 at 3:04 pm

That's true but the question is: Do they taste as good?
My sandwiches are perfect.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/02/16 at 3:06 pm

My sandwiches are perfect.

You should open up a sandwich shop!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/02/16 at 3:07 pm

You should open up a sandwich shop!
Something I would like to do, but conditions stop me.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/02/16 at 3:07 pm

Something I would like to do, but conditions stop me.

A sandwich shop would be a lot of work to maintain. I know I couldn't do it! ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/02/16 at 3:13 pm

Too much to learn and to take in, health laws, hygiene laws, health and safety etc!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/02/16 at 3:15 pm

Too much to learn and to take in, health laws, hygiene laws, health and safety etc!

Yeah! You gotta do all that studying to get all those certificates! My attention span is too short for that.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/02/16 at 3:20 pm

Yeah! You gotta do all that studying to get all those certificates! My attention span is too short for that.
At my age now, it is the same for me.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/02/16 at 3:39 pm

At my age now, it is the same for me.

When you get older, it's usually a good time just to wind down and relax.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/02/16 at 3:43 pm

When you get older, it's usually a good time just to wind down and relax.
Exactly!

Written By: Howard on 03/02/16 at 4:27 pm

Now they charge $6 for a footlong.

Written By: Howard on 03/02/16 at 4:28 pm

I bring a sandwich from home.

Written By: Howard on 03/02/16 at 4:29 pm

and you'd have to buy the products.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/02/16 at 4:33 pm

and you'd have to buy the products.

And if you don't sell, you won't make a profit!

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 03/02/16 at 5:03 pm

You guys decide!
09FVwfG90qw qGhzlYZiEA0

Written By: 2001 on 03/02/16 at 5:05 pm

It appears that many Subway employees die learning how to make the sandwiches. Are you proud to have teenage employee blood on your hands? Do you want me to call Chris Hansen again?

Just kidding. I actually like Subway, though I don't eat there often. It's much better than Taco Bell.  :P

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/02/16 at 5:07 pm

You guys decide!
09FVwfG90qw qGhzlYZiEA0

80's by far! It's so much more groovier and funkier. The 80's RnB focuses on the good times and having fun. The 90's RnB tries too hard to be "ghetto" and crap but I'll give it credit for still having that "soulful" sound that died around 2003-2004.

It appears that many Subway employees die learning how to make the sandwiches. Are you proud to have teenage employee blood on your hands? Do you want me to call Chris Hansen again?

Just kidding. I actually like Subway, though I don't eat there often. It's much better than Taco Bell.  :P

Chris Hansen and I have nothing to do with each other. I do not have the blood of teenagers on my hands (gross) I just think Subway make good sandwiches!

What!?!?! You don't like Taco Bell!? >:(

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 03/02/16 at 5:11 pm

stUV7cm371s RoSLdmC3yOw
Alright guys down to THE nitty gritty!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/02/16 at 5:12 pm

You guys decide!
09FVwfG90qw qGhzlYZiEA0

Both seem alright. But if I had to choose, the 90s were better. I know that I like the 80s more with its music, but 90s R&B and Hip-Hop was what defined those two genres.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/02/16 at 5:17 pm

stUV7cm371s RoSLdmC3yOw
Alright guys down to THE nitty gritty!

I don't even have to listen to know. 80's rap is better for Paul's Boutique alone. 

Written By: Howard on 03/03/16 at 2:56 pm

You guys decide!
09FVwfG90qw qGhzlYZiEA0

The 80's for sure.

Check for new replies or respond here...