inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Walt Disney Masterpiece Collection!

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 03/22/16 at 9:09 pm

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/d/d2/WaltDisneyMasterPieceCollection.png/revision/latest?cb=20110725031611 http://orig06.deviantart.net/f379/f/2013/321/5/d/the_walt_disney_masterpiece_collection_by_mryoshi1996-d6ulp1u.jpg

The Walt Disney Masterpiece Collection was a line of VHS tapes and Laserdiscs released by Walt Disney Home Video from 1994 to 1999. Similar to the Walt Disney Classics line that preceded it, it consisted mainly of Disney Animated Features, along with a few live-action/animation hybrid films. Spanish versions were also released.

Of note, the series featured the first home video releases of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Lion King, Pocahontas, The Aristocats, Oliver & Company, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Melody Time, The Black Cauldron, Mulan, and The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad.

Alright guys how many of you owned these back in the day?!!! :) Cause these Vhs releases exposed me to Disney at a VERY young age. IN 1998 I believe I begun to collect these things, and I owned almost ALL OF THEM! 8) ::) These relases made a lastin impression and legacy throughout my childhood and life! :\'( :)

Subject: Re: Walt Disney Masterpiece Collection!

Written By: mqg96 on 03/22/16 at 9:13 pm

Watching some of these on VHS take me back to my early to beginning of core childhood from 1999-2002! Some of these I remember watching on Toon Disney as well.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 03/22/16 at 9:17 pm

Watching some of these on VHS take me back to my early to beginning of core childhood from 1999-2002! Some of these I remember watching on Toon Disney as well.

I know right?!!!! :D :D :D

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 03/22/16 at 9:40 pm

These will bring epicness and tears to your now grown self!!! ;D  :D
3N4WsdwRwXo5wmrwqcpHOs kpL4N_F9fhA65Rk-zm_J_k

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/22/16 at 9:41 pm

I remember having one of my friends owning several Masterpiece Collection tapes as a kid. They loved watching them with me when I was 5/6.

Written By: #Infinity on 03/22/16 at 9:56 pm

We owned a lot of these at home back when I was growing up!

Written By: Toon on 03/22/16 at 10:20 pm

If it's a Disney movie chances are I ended up owning it. Back when my grandmother worked at Disney (Disney World as we lived in Florida) she'd always bring home movies (I'm not sure if she got them for free or with a discount). Within a few months my collection of movies was getting pretty large. She'd get whatever was the current movie. So for example in 1998 she'd get Mulan and in 2002 she'd get Treasure Planet. I still have the box of Disney VHS tapes. I just need a working VHS.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/23/16 at 9:51 am

I had several of these growing up. Without looking, I know I've got The Lion King, Robin Hood, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Black Cauldron, The Jungle Book, Oliver and Company, and The Rescuers out of the ones in that picture.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/23/16 at 7:05 pm

If it's a Disney movie chances are I ended up owning it. Back when my grandmother worked at Disney (Disney World as we lived in Florida) she'd always bring home movies (I'm not sure if she got them for free or with a discount). Within a few months my collection of movies was getting pretty large. She'd get whatever was the current movie. So for example in 1998 she'd get Mulan and in 2002 she'd get Treasure Planet. I still have the box of Disney VHS tapes. I just need a working VHS.

I feel the same whenever I want to watch my old collection of VHS tapes. I do have a VCR, but it doesn't work. I wish I had one of those DVD/VCR combo players, so I could play DVDs and VHS tapes at both.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/04/16 at 2:31 pm

Not as a kid but as an adult-and I still have them. Let me see if I can remember off the top of my head (no order):

-The Little Mermaid* (with the "forbidden" cover)
-Aladdin*
-The Jungle Book*
-Mary Poppins*
-The Lion King*
-Pocahontas
-Oliver & Co.
-Lady & the Tramp*
-Snow White & The 7 Dwarfs*
-Sleeping Beauty*
-Cinderella*
-Bambi
-The Aristocats*
-The Rescuers
-The Rescuers Down Under
-Alice in Wonderland
-Robin Hood
-Beauty & The Beast*
-The Sword & The Stone
-Peter Pan
-Pete's Dragon
-101 Dalmatians*
-The Hunchback Of Notre Dame

I also have a whole bunch of Don Bluth films:

-American Tail*
-American Tail 2
-The Secret of NIMH*
-All Dogs Go To Heaven
-The Land Before Time*
-Anastasia*

There may be more to this list.
(* My favorites)

It was funny because people would come over and see all these movies and look around. They would say, "You don't have any kids, do you?" I said, "Nope. All those movies are for ME." They would laugh and then they would say, "Oh, you have THIS move. Can we watch it?" Then I would laugh. At least I was honest how I love them. 

Right now, they are all in boxes in the basement along with all my other VHS movies. I have no idea what to do with them. When we moved, I was sorting them out-trying to figure out which ones go and which ones stay. I realized that I couldn't part with my Disney ones. But, then they all ended up in boxes and I didn't get rid of ANY of VHS-at least not yet.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...