inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 1992 fashion foibles

Written By: 90s Guy on 04/04/16 at 1:17 pm

This was my father in Washington, DC in the summer of 1992.
As you can see, he's wearing a mullet, a big fannypack and acid washed shorts.
I am curious - obviously, all three of these individually are incredibly out of date now. Were they seen as hideous and out of date even then in 1992?
https://i.imgsafe.org/886e7ad.jpg

Subject: Re: 1992 fashion foibles

Written By: violet_shy on 04/04/16 at 1:49 pm

Yeah, I was wondering why he is sporting a mullet in 1992? :(  I'm guessing maybe he like that look.

Written By: Howard on 04/04/16 at 2:27 pm

I am curious - obviously, all three of these individually are incredibly out of date now. Were they seen as hideous and out of date even then in 1992?

I guess back in the days, that style looked cool.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/04/16 at 5:23 pm

I was in kindergarten and first grade around 1992. Trust me when I say too many people had mullets. Kids, teachers, it was everywhere. And even I have acid-wash denim hell on display in my living in the form of a ruffled jumper I wore in a school picture. But I guarantee I was the best dressed little girl in spring of 1992 at Martin Elementary!

Written By: violet_shy on 04/04/16 at 5:42 pm

I was in kindergarten and first grade around 1992. Trust me when I say too many people had mullets. Kids, teachers, it was everywhere. And even I have acid-wash denim hell on display in my living in the form of a ruffled jumper I wore in a school picture. But I guarantee I was the best dressed little girl in spring of 1992 at Martin Elementary!

Really? I guess it depends where you lived? I never saw anyone with that hairstyle in 1992, maybe just in this area, lol!

Written By: Arrowstone on 04/05/16 at 11:05 am

My baby pics show a lot of turquoise and purple.

Written By: Jquar on 04/05/16 at 1:14 pm

Really? I guess it depends where you lived? I never saw anyone with that hairstyle in 1992, maybe just in this area, lol!

Remember that this was 1992, big hair was still pretty popular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byQIPdHMpjc

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 04/05/16 at 2:32 pm

No, pleated acid washed shorts, mullets, and a big black hip pouch were all still popular to us in '92. '93 was the year when you were not allowed to wear acid wash, I.O.U. sweaters, Z. Cavaricci gear and Generra sportswear.

Written By: aja675 on 04/11/16 at 12:57 am

I suppose that's the thing with being born in a year ending in 3-6: your childhood mostly takes place in the decade after you were born but there were still hints of the decade you were born in. I mean, I was born in a a 6 year too.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 04/12/16 at 7:42 pm

I suppose that's the thing with being born in a year ending in 3-6: your childhood mostly takes place in the decade after you were born but there were still hints of the decade you were born in. I mean, I was born in a a 6 year too.

Pleated acid wash jeans were in style from 1989 to 1992. Mario Lopez wore them a lot on Saved by the Bell back then.

Check for new replies or respond here...