inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I Know What You Did Last Summer

Written By: Ripley on 04/06/16 at 6:57 pm

Any other fans here? I'm a super fan. When this first came out I rented it. But then every time HBO played it I watched it. I always liked Jennifer Love Hewitt back then. But after this I became interested in the other 3 as well. Sarah Michelle Gellar. I did watch Buffy but I was never all that into it until it went off the air. But I payed attention to her and Freddie's films afterwards. But Ryan Phillippe became my favorite actor and he still is.

I used to like the sequal with Brandy and Mekhi Phifer, I Still Know What You Did Last Summer. But after several years of not watching it I put it on. It wasn't as good to me. I still really like JLH's song, "How Do I Deal" from the soundtrack though. Now the third film, "I Will Always Know What You Did Last Summer" is an entire different cast and story. It should have it's own title because it's actually good. But I won't say which of the two is better cause I'm not sure.

Subject: Re: I Know What You Did Last Summer

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/16 at 6:21 am

Any other fans here? I'm a super fan. When this first came out I rented it. But then every time HBO played it I watched it. I always liked Jennifer Love Hewitt back then. But after this I became interested in the other 3 as well. Sarah Michelle Gellar. I did watch Buffy but I was never all that into it until it went off the air. But I payed attention to her and Freddie's films afterwards. But Ryan Phillippe became my favorite actor and he still is.

I used to like the sequal with Brandy and Mekhi Phifer, I Still Know What You Did Last Summer. But after several years of not watching it I put it on. It wasn't as good to me. I still really like JLH's song, "How Do I Deal" from the soundtrack though. Now the third film, "I Will Always Know What You Did Last Summer" is an entire different cast and story. It should have it's own title because it's actually good. But I won't say which of the two is better cause I'm not sure.

As a huge Lois Duncan Fan... I preferred the book.

As you know I'm a huge Buffy/SMG fan so I was looking forward to this one.... I had been familiar with J Love but not completely in tuned to her or her acting... I noticed something in this movie that bugged the shyt out of me... she acts with her arms.... all her scenes had her flailing her arms out and then I noticed she did it in other movies too. 

She didn't do it as much in Ghost Whisperer or that one season of Criminal Minds but early in her career I wonder if she ever took out a few actors standing next to her lol

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2981134/thumbs/o-I-KNOW-WHAT-YOU-DID-LAST-SUMMER-570.jpg

http://static.srcdn.com/slir/w500-h211-q90-c500:211/wp-content/uploads/I-Know-What-You-Did-Last-Summer-Remake-What-Are-You-Waiting-For1.gif

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/07/16 at 6:41 am

Another film I have failed to see, how soon should I what it?

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/16 at 7:28 am

Another film I have failed to see, how soon should I what it?

no rush.. your life will not be altered if you watch it or not.. lol...

more than likely you'll be wishing for that 97 minutes (or whatever it was)  back...  ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/07/16 at 7:31 am

no rush.. your life will not be altered if you watch it or not.. lol...

more than likely you'll be wishing for that 97 minutes (or whatever it was)  back...  ;)
That is what I was fearing.

Written By: Ripley on 04/07/16 at 5:56 pm

http://static.srcdn.com/slir/w500-h211-q90-c500:211/wp-content/uploads/I-Know-What-You-Did-Last-Summer-Remake-What-Are-You-Waiting-For1.gif

In this particular scene she is dancing like a bird lol

PAx8ead1eCk

But I just really liked it when I was just getting into Horror. I had watched a lot before but Scream is what got me really into the genre. And this film, released a year later, just added to it. But in your opinion, what are the major differences between the screenplay and the book? And who was your favorite character?

Written By: 80sfan on 04/07/16 at 6:21 pm

It's a guilty pleasure. AKA, I like the movie. ;)

Written By: snozberries on 04/08/16 at 12:02 am

In this particular scene she is dancing like a bird lol

PAx8ead1eCk

But I just really liked it when I was just getting into Horror. I had watched a lot before but Scream is what got me really into the genre. And this film, released a year later, just added to it. But in your opinion, what are the major differences between the screenplay and the book? And who was your favorite character?

to be fair I read the book in like 1984 (And several times after that over the years)
the film came out in 97...  I only watched it once
its now 2016 so my memories of what varied from the book to the film have faded I just remember really liking the book and not liking the film much at all. 

However... I now wonder what my adult self would think of a book about kids who make such irresponsible decisions.  I need to re-read every book I ever read as a teen.  LOL. I wish I had another 100 yrs left in my life

Written By: 80sfan on 04/08/16 at 5:40 pm

In the end, it was that Barry guy's fault. He was loud, drunk, playing loud music, and distracted Ray, or whoever! This is the movie I'm talking about.

Sure, they were all responsible in the end, because they could have called the police. But teaches you how just one moment of non-vigilance can
change a person's life forever.     

Written By: violet_shy on 04/09/16 at 2:05 pm

I totally forgot this is a movie. I was thinking wait, this is off topic and how does Ripley know what I did last Summer? Lol ;D

Kinda corny I know, My mistake! Ok everyone carry on.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 04/11/16 at 5:36 pm

I actually want to watch this movie. If only HBO or any movie channel airs it again, since they air movies from the 70s to 2010s.

Written By: Ripley on 04/11/16 at 5:40 pm

to be fair I read the book in like 1984 (And several times after that over the years)
the film came out in 97...  I only watched it once
its now 2016 so my memories of what varied from the book to the film have faded I just remember really liking the book and not liking the film much at all. 

However... I now wonder what my adult self would think of a book about kids who make such irresponsible decisions.  I need to re-read every book I ever read as a teen.  LOL. I wish I had another 100 yrs left in my life

I never got a chance to read the book. But I wonder what I would think of books I read as a teen as well. Lol

Written By: Ripley on 04/11/16 at 5:42 pm

In the end, it was that Barry guy's fault. He was loud, drunk, playing loud music, and distracted Ray, or whoever! This is the movie I'm talking about.

Sure, they were all responsible in the end, because they could have called the police. But teaches you how just one moment of non-vigilance can
change a person's life forever.   

It's a big PSA about teen drinking :P

Written By: Ripley on 04/11/16 at 5:44 pm

I totally forgot this is a movie. I was thinking wait, this is off topic and how does Ripley know what I did last Summer? Lol ;D

Kinda corny I know, My mistake! Ok everyone carry on.

Yes Jessica, "I know what you did last summer!" Haha j/k lol

Do you like the movie?

Written By: Ripley on 04/11/16 at 5:46 pm

I actually want to watch this movie. If only HBO or any movie channel airs it again, since they air movies from the 70s to 2010s.

Do you have Chiller? They edit some words out, but their presentation isn't much different from HBO. It's been on Chiller a lot lately.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 04/11/16 at 5:54 pm

Do you have Chiller? They edit some words out, but their presentation isn't much different from HBO. It's been on Chiller a lot lately.

When does it usually air on Eastern Time?

Written By: Ripley on 04/11/16 at 5:58 pm

When does it usually air on Eastern Time?

Mainly late. 9PM

Written By: 80sfan on 04/12/16 at 11:47 am

I like 1998's I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, also.  ;D

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 04/13/16 at 12:39 pm

It's a guilty pleasure late 90s film, but the older I get the more it kinda loses it's charm! ;D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 04/13/16 at 3:09 pm

It's a guilty pleasure late 90s film, but the older I get the more it kinda loses it's charm! ;D

At least it's better than I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer. That sequel sucked so hard. It makes the first two movies look like masterpieces.

Check for new replies or respond here...