inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Club MTV

Written By: Ripley on 04/18/16 at 4:31 pm

Did anybody watch this? People would dance to songs played in this dance room. I had all the CDs.

Subject: Re: Club MTV

Written By: aja675 on 04/27/16 at 5:02 am

I have seen this on YouTube.

Written By: Howard on 04/27/16 at 2:27 pm

When was it on?  ???

Subject: Re: Club MTV/The Grind

Written By: Ripley on 04/27/16 at 4:55 pm

When was it on?  ???

It was 1985 to 1992.  Even though it spent more years in the 80's, it was much more a 90's show.  Since the 90's is when going to dance clubs really became a thing and when House was huge, it makes the most since. I'm re-titling this however, because The Grind is what this show turned into. But I recall watching both of them a lot.  The later was on from 1992 to 1997.  And the CD's, which were sort of soundtracks but not officially were called Party To Go.  I had them all.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 04/27/16 at 10:05 pm

When was it on?  ???

Every weekday at 5:30pm.

Subject: Re: Club MTV/The Grind

Written By: Howard on 04/28/16 at 3:44 pm

It was 1985 to 1992.  Even though it spent more years in the 80's, it was much more a 90's show.  Since the 90's is when going to dance clubs really became a thing and when House was huge, it makes the most since. I'm re-titling this however, because The Grind is what this show turned into. But I recall watching both of them a lot.  The later was on from 1992 to 1997.  And the CD's, which were sort of soundtracks but not officially were called Party To Go.  I had them all.

To be honest, I don't think I remember that.  ???

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 04/30/16 at 7:25 pm

"Wubba wubba wubba I'm Downtown Julie Brown, welcome to Club Mtv."  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/01/16 at 3:06 pm

"Wubba wubba wubba I'm Downtown Julie Brown, welcome to Club Mtv."  ;D

What the heck does that mean? Wubba Wubba Wubba?  ???

Written By: aja675 on 05/14/16 at 7:39 am

A4W4hBEri0M

Here's a clip of The Grind from my birthyear. It's quite an interesting look at how people danced back then.

Written By: JaxRhapsody on 05/17/16 at 12:55 am

What the heck does that mean? Wubba Wubba Wubba?  ???
Who cares- it was the 80/90s...

Written By: yelimsexa on 05/18/16 at 6:34 pm

In away, Club MTV was Generation X's American Bandstand, with the audience on the dance floor and guest stars since AB had a similar atmosphere and seemed to favor the more rhythmic, uptempo danceable songs.  The Grind was a bit too out there though compared to the more welcoming feel of Club MTV, and I'm surprised it ended in '92 when House was at its peak and Techno/Eurodance was coming up.

Check for new replies or respond here...