inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Superman The Animated Series

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 05/27/16 at 6:37 pm

http://www.nuestroshijos.do/images/supermantasfront.jpg
It is an American animated television series based on the DC Comics flagship character, Superman. It was produced by Warner Bros. Animation and originally aired on The WB Television Network from September 6, 1996 to February 12, 2000. The series was the first of several spin-offs of the acclaimed Batman: The Animated Series, and was equally praised for its thematic complexity, quality animation, maturity and modernization of its title character.

Well, guys it is almost 20 YEARS since this series premiered on the kids WB block!  :o This show was the second of the DC animated universe by Bruce Timm and Paul Dini. The series gave you some memorable characters, moments and GREAT voice acting by Tim Daly, Dana Delany, Clancy Brown, Corey Burton, and Michael Ironside. It was probably the earliest superhero show I watched as a kid, I caught it toward the end of it's run and I continued watching it when it moved to the Toonami block in the 2000-01 season, and then Saturdays during the 2001-02 season.

Well guys do you have any memories watching this badass series, whether it be the orignal kids WB run or reruns from CN. Cause the series is sooo underrated due to the Batman, X-MEN, and Spider-man TAS craze! It's kinda overshadowed by the other comic book animated series shows. But some die hards will never forget the series.

lts4MNGUW8k

Subject: Re: Superman The Animated Series

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/27/16 at 8:06 pm

I didn't watch this a child, but I very vividly remember a few weeks in 97 my father built a shed for a friend of his and his sons, like 5 boys, were going nuts making sure they watched this show every week. I just played with my Barbies in the background. LOL.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 05/27/16 at 8:10 pm

Yes I do!! I watched this everyday along with the Batman one. I watched this on Kids WB  (and on CN) since I had already discovered the channel by then and this show was really good. I have absolutely agree that it's underrated. Ever since the reruns ended, I actually haven't seen this show on any channel. It would be great for it to be on TV again.

Written By: mqg96 on 05/27/16 at 9:29 pm

I remember some of this show throughout my childhood (along with Batman: TAS). Cartoon Network used to play it many times throughout the early 2000's. Although I remember Justice League and Teen Titans being played a lot more on a weekly basis.

Written By: mqg96 on 05/27/16 at 9:32 pm

It was probably the earliest superhero show I watched as a kid, I caught it toward the end of it's run and I continued watching it when it moved to the Toonami block in the 2000-01 season, and then Saturdays during the 2001-02 season.

Superman: TAS reruns were still on Cartoon Network throughout almost all of 2003 too, on the SVES block during late nights.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/27/16 at 11:15 pm

Wow, thanks for the post. This is truly a forgotten gem that, even during the rush of '90s kid nostalgia in recent years, sadly hasn't gotten mentioned that much.

Needless to say, I was a huge fan of Superman:TAS growing up. I watched it all the time on Kids WB in the late '90s, and continued catching reruns on Toonami into the early '00s. I think it's undeniable that this show did unfortunately get overshadowed by Batman:TAS, but that's also somewhat understandable given that it is perhaps the greatest animated action series in history.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that the Batman and Superman animated series had some type of crossover movie in late '90s. I don't remember much about it offhand, but given how great the two shows were, it was probably leagues better than Batman vs. Superman 2016. ;D

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 05/27/16 at 11:56 pm

Wow, thanks for the post. This is truly a forgotten gem that, even during the rush of '90s kid nostalgia in recent years, sadly hasn't gotten mentioned that much.

Needless to say, I was a huge fan of Superman:TAS growing up. I watched it all the time on Kids WB in the late '90s, and continued catching reruns on Toonami into the early '00s. I think it's undeniable that this show did unfortunately get overshadowed by Batman:TAS, but that's also somewhat understandable given that it is perhaps the greatest animated action series in history.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that the Batman and Superman animated series had some type of crossover movie in late '90s. I don't remember much about it offhand, but given how great the two shows were, it was probably leagues better than Batman vs. Superman 2016. ;D

Yes it was this movie!!!! :D :D :D
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTgwOTU0MDUwMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzYyMTYxMQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg
This right here is the real batman vs superman! ::)

Written By: mqg96 on 06/01/16 at 6:51 pm

Yes it was this movie!!!! :D :D :D
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTgwOTU0MDUwMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzYyMTYxMQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg
This right here is the real batman vs superman! ::)

Oh yeah, I remember seeing that movie once on CN. From what I remember Batman and Superman were getting into a fight, and all of the sudden Batman's identity was accidentally revealed to Louis Lane which was funny as hell, then they had a final fight between Ra and Talia Al Ghul.

Written By: anything on 07/16/16 at 8:46 am

then they had a final fight between Ra and Talia Al Ghul.

Try again.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/16/16 at 1:13 pm

Try again.

WTF are you talking about? ???

Bumping an old thread for this?

Check for new replies or respond here...