inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tag Names, so 90s

Written By: violet_shy on 07/17/16 at 2:15 pm

Who else remembers when we would give each other tag names in the 90s? They are like nicknames only they were a 90s thing we would give each other fake names....

They were called tag names because each of us would take turns naming a friend to our liking.

Subject: Re: Tag Names, so 90s

Written By: violet_shy on 07/27/16 at 6:03 pm

Everyone did this back then, mainly in school.

One sunny afternoon this was in 1992, during our field day I was given a tag name. A friend of mine, Maria tag named "Vesta", gave me a tag name as well. We wrote all over the building walls and she then decided to write my new tag name on the school wall along with some other ones. So that day I was tag named "Shy" because I was very timid.

I think it's still written there along with the year, it said "Shy,'92".

I really should go have a look! :D

Written By: Ripley on 07/27/16 at 6:48 pm

I don't remember this and I have a really great memory when it come to fun stuff and pop culture. Darn.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/29/17 at 5:15 pm

Come on people! ;D Nobody remembers this?

Written By: 2001 on 06/29/17 at 5:31 pm

Maybe it might have been a thing with your friends only. That sounds very sweet though. ;D

Written By: violet_shy on 06/29/17 at 6:05 pm

Maybe it might have been a thing with your friends only. That sounds very sweet though. ;D

No, it wasn't lol. And yes it was sweet :)

Written By: Howard on 06/30/17 at 2:50 pm

Come on people! ;D Nobody remembers this?

What do you mean by a tag name? ???

Written By: violet_shy on 06/30/17 at 4:39 pm

What do you mean by a tag name? ???

A tag name is a name given to a friend, and then that person had to tag someone else and give them a name. They had to be unique names. When I was in Middle school a friend of mine tag named me SHY, because I was timid back then. Her tag name was VESTA because she liked Greek mythology.

Written By: Howard on 07/01/17 at 2:41 pm

A tag name is a name given to a friend, and then that person had to tag someone else and give them a name. They had to be unique names. When I was in Middle school a friend of mine tag named me SHY, because I was timid back then. Her tag name was VESTA because she liked Greek mythology.

I don't think I remember having one?  ???

Check for new replies or respond here...