inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 90's Teen Magazines

Written By: Ripley on 07/23/16 at 11:02 pm

From drool worthy hottie mags like Teen Beat and Tiger Beat to general ones like Seventeen and YM. Also those fashion catelogs! They were the bomb diggity! 😂 All the pin ups, quizzes, interviews and cool stuff to spend our allowance on.

I had several different other kinds of magazines as well. Premiere and ET were just two of them. But the teen ones were all the rage.

Any other fans on here? Jessica? I know you are!

Subject: Re: 90's Teen Magazines

Written By: violet_shy on 07/24/16 at 6:56 am

I had them all back in the day. I still have the very first issue of Teen People magazine from 1997-98. Also, YM magazine. All of my old magazines are from the 1996-2002 time period. I was 21 when I stopped getting them. I LOVED taking out all the celeb pictures and decorating my room with them.  :)

Written By: aja675 on 07/24/16 at 7:16 am

Three or four years ago, a barbershop in our town used to have old '90s teen magazines, but now, it only has FHM and YES!. I remember finding a magazine with Ryan Phillippe and I accidentally tore out a page in excitement.

Written By: yelimsexa on 07/24/16 at 7:36 am

Tiger Beat, Teen, YM (originally as "Calling All Girls"), and Seventeen had all been around since the middle of the last century, and IMO are cool mags to collect. They are truly a time capsule upon opening them and I have a few of several of all that you have described. They are a bit tough to find and can fetch a decent premium if you still have them.

Written By: Ripley on 07/24/16 at 1:37 pm

Four years ago, a barbershop in our town used to have old '90s teen magazines, but now, it only has FHM and YES!. I remember finding a magazine with Ryan Philippe and I accidentally tore out a page in excitement.

I would do the same for Ryan!

Written By: Ripley on 07/24/16 at 1:38 pm

Tiger Beat, Teen, YM (originally as "Calling All Girls"), and Seventeen had all been around since the middle of the last century, and IMO are cool mags to collect. They are truly a time capsule upon opening them and I have a few of several of all that you have described. They are a bit tough to find and can fetch a decent premium if you still have them.

I should scour the net and try to find back copies!

Check for new replies or respond here...