inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does anyone think self proclaimed 90s kids ruined the decade?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/30/16 at 8:56 pm

Ever since 90s nostalgia became a huge hit in 2012, there were these 90s kids who kept posting Facebook memes, terrible YouTube videos, Buzzfeed posts, and other sorts of mediocrity that made nostalgia look painful to see. It made the 90s really overrated, to the point where everyone thought that it was really annoying to see. Especially when most of these people think that the 90s were the greatest decade ever, even though it didn't really have that much good pop culture in my opinion. Sure, there was Bill Clinton's presidency, a huge economic growth, the last full decade where the Twin Towers stood, and it had a lot of good rock music. However, it just seems like the last good decade to these people, despite seeing that there's no objective point to that.

There are people who think that the 2000s were good. Same with the 2010s. But it doesn't really matter if the 90s were great, since it's really subjective. There could be people who were suffering from economic, health, political, or other issues that would've made their perspective of the 90s seem bad. Which is why I don't agree with people who think that the 90s were great. It's just bad since they intimidate younger people to think that the 90s were great, and the 2000s/2010s were terrible. What makes it bad is that most of these people were born in the mid-late 90s, who only had little to no memories of the decade, which made them hate 50% of their life.

I like the 90s, but it's not really my cup of tea where people are talking about it so much. Especially in New York City. I was only a baby when the 90s were around, and I can't remember one thing about them. Although, people usually compare them with the early 2000s, since they have some 90s influences, but it's not enough. I could easily say that it was more comparable to the mid 2000s, since it had similar pop culture and politics within each other.

The only thing I care for people about the 90s were video games. It was the decade for Sega, and its other franchises that they used for the Genesis. Streets of Rage, Shining Force, Sonic, Dynamite Headdy, Phantasy Star, Ecco the Dolphin, and many others. But it just seems like the only thing I could care about from the 90s. It doesn't really matter if they think they have the best movies or TV shows, since I think other decades had better media than the 90s.

Subject: Re: Does anyone think self proclaimed 90s kids ruined the decade?

Written By: Zelek3 on 07/30/16 at 9:05 pm

You already posted a thread like this several months ago. :P

These types of threads bashing a certain type of people are pointless, in my opinion.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/30/16 at 9:08 pm

These types of threads bashing a certain type of people are pointless, in my opinion.

Well to be fair, that thread of mine is kinda irrelevant to what I'm talking about.

Written By: aja675 on 07/30/16 at 9:09 pm

It's only bashing the overly fanatic '90s kids who try to make everyone younger than them feel insecure.

Written By: 2001 on 07/30/16 at 10:07 pm

Naw, I still like the 90s.  ;D

The "80s kids" in the early 2000s probably ruined that decade for me though, usually because they'd show me the cheesiest/worst things from it, like He Man, Madonna or TMNT (shots fired).

Written By: SpyroKev on 07/30/16 at 10:21 pm

The 90s are kind of ruined for me. Haha And its not even due to self proclaimed 90s kids. I seen so many "Not as great as the 90s, the 90s were the last meaningful era, everything after the 90s went to bits."

That did it alone.

Written By: Mat1991 on 07/31/16 at 12:46 am

This is my first post in a while!  :D

I dabbled in '90s nostalgia when it took off for a hot minute. Then it started reaching cult-like status. I found it distasteful how extremely glorified the entire decade was, and I tend to dislike overly faddish things, so I turned away from it. For a moment I resented the decade itself because it reminded me so much of the '90s Kids cult (I even started a thread about it).

I'm glad '90s nostalgia seems to be past its peak.

Written By: Looney Toon on 07/31/16 at 6:59 am

I dabbled in '90s nostalgia when it took off for a hot minute. Then it started reaching cult-like status. I found it distasteful how extremely glorified the entire decade was, and I tend to dislike overly faddish things, so I turned away from it. For a moment I resented the decade itself because it reminded me so much of the '90s Kids cult (I even started a thread about it).

Pretty similar to how I felt. After the decade became overly glorified and everyone started seeing the decade as some sort of utopian time period I immediately lost interest. Due to hating the '90s kid cult it ended up with me also not caring too much for the 1990s decade. This nostalgia is past it's peak and fading off as we head towards 2020. I'm very thankful for that.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/31/16 at 8:35 am

It's not that I hate it when people brag on the 90's, but it's the overrated opinion that the early 2000's (2000-2003) was the only good part of the 2000's and "all the pop culture after 2003 sucks" and "everything from 2004-present is terrible." I know TONS of people who grew up in the 90's and/or early 2000's who believes this. Jordan on this site is NOT the only one, it's a lot more people than you think. No, not everything from 2004 or later has been awful pop culture. 2004 & 2005 were severely underrated years for our pop culture, hell, even 2007 was underrated as well. I believe there's some stuff from those years of the 2000's that don't get the recognition that it deserves. It seems like as time goes on the mainstream is going to compare the 2000's to the 2010's more than the 90's, which is sad, because throughout a huge chunk of the 2000's especially the early & mid years the technology was still pretty balanced and internet still wasn't a necessity yet. People act like social media got shoved in our faces 100% the moment 9/11 happened  :-\\

I guess the reason why people hate on the 2000's a lot is because the 90's decade was probably the last full one to have a cultural identity. Like the 60's, 70's, and 80's, the 90's had a cultural identity, like specific fashions, hairstyles, slogans, fad's, etc. The 2000's on the other hand, especially the mid & late parts of the decade, there wasn't really a cultural identity at all. The culture was stagnant. Which is why some people hate on it as well.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/31/16 at 8:59 am

It's not that I hate it when people brag on the 90's, but it's the overrated opinion that the early 2000's (2000-2003) was the only good part of the 2000's and "all the pop culture after 2003 sucks" and "everything from 2004-present is terrible." I know TONS of people who grew up in the 90's and/or early 2000's who believes this. Jordan on this site is NOT the only one, it's a lot more people than you think. No, not everything from 2004 or later has been awful pop culture. 2004 & 2005 were severely underrated years for our pop culture, hell, even 2007 was underrated as well. I believe there's some stuff from those years of the 2000's that don't get the recognition that it deserves. It seems like as time goes on the mainstream is going to compare the 2000's to the 2010's more than the 90's, which is sad, because throughout a huge chunk of the 2000's especially the early & mid years the technology was still pretty balanced and internet still wasn't a necessity yet. People act like social media got shoved in our faces 100% the moment 9/11 happened  :-\\

I guess the reason why people hate on the 2000's a lot is because the 90's decade was probably the last full one to have a cultural identity. Like the 60's, 70's, and 80's, the 90's had a cultural identity, like specific fashions, hairstyles, slogans, fad's, etc. The 2000's on the other hand, especially the mid & late parts of the decade, there wasn't really a cultural identity at all. The culture was stagnant. Which is why some people hate on it as well.

Wouldn't the 2000s be more cultural with the technological fads? I'm pretty sure I remember everything about the 2000s being related to the Internet, video games, and all sorts of other technology that people went crazy on. How does that not make the 2000s look like it has a cultural identity? I'm really just sick and tired of people saying it has a cultural identity, when most of the fads were stuff from technological companies. The Motorola Razr was like the best cell phone of the mid 2000s, because every teen had one. It's just sad really to see these people hate the 2000s, only because '43 Bush was president for 8 years.

Written By: 2001 on 07/31/16 at 9:08 am

Oh I remember that. That didn't end well  ;D

The 2000s aren't old enough to be nostalgic for. 2004 wasn't that long ago. 2000s will have its time in the sun, just not now.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/31/16 at 9:38 am

The 2000s aren't old enough to be nostalgic for. 2004 wasn't that long ago. 2000s will have its time in the sun, just not now.

I see where you're coming from, but this time 10 years ago the 90's was already old enough to be nostalgic due to the drastic culture changes during the 90's to 2000's transition. 1996 was already old and classic by 2006, but here today in 2016, 2006 is still considered as recent by a lot of people. Trust me, even UltraGameDog agrees, 90's nostalgia took off very early which is part of the reason why it got overheard. I wouldn't be surprised if 2000's nostalgia takes off very late due to the amount of hate it gets, especially 2004-present.

Written By: 2001 on 07/31/16 at 9:51 am

I see where you're coming from, but this time 10 years ago the 90's was already old enough to be nostalgic due to the drastic culture changes during the 90's to 2000's transition. 1996 was already old and classic by 2006, but here today in 2016, 2006 is still considered as recent by a lot of people. Trust me, even UltraGameDog agrees, 90's nostalgia took off very early which is part of the reason why it got overheard. I wouldn't be surprised if 2000's nostalgia takes off very late due to the amount of hate it gets, especially 2004-present.

The 90s didn't feel old to me in 2006 :o Maybe the early 90s, but not 1996.

I remember one of my classmates giving an economics presentation in 2008, and the teacher pointed out that his statistics from 1997 were 11 years out of date. That sent my class into a tailspin, the 90s didn't feel 10 years ago ;D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/31/16 at 9:54 am

The 90s didn't feel old to me in 2006 :o Maybe the early 90s, but not 1996.

Yeah, it really felt a bit recent during 2006. Hell, even something from the mid-late 90s felt like it could be part of my childhood at the time. I don't know why a lot of people think that the mid 90s were ancient by 2006, even though it wasn't by then.

Written By: 2001 on 07/31/16 at 10:02 am

Yeah, it really felt a bit recent during 2006. Hell, even something from the mid-late 90s felt like it could be part of my childhood at the time. I don't know why a lot of people think that the mid 90s were ancient by 2006, even though it wasn't by then.

I remember watching a lot of 90s movies and TV show reruns like Sister Act, remember Clueless, Friends, Cheers etc. and I thought they were contemporary. ;D Even hearing that their first episode was in 1994 didn't make them sound very old. It's like how people would react to 2005 episodes of How I Met Your Mother today. It can easily be mistaken for contemporary.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/31/16 at 10:11 am

I remember watching a lot of 90s movies and TV show reruns like Sister Act, remember Clueless, Friends, Cheers etc. and I thought they were contemporary. ;D Even hearing that their first episode was in 1994 didn't make them sound very old. It's like how people would react to 2005 episodes of How I Met Your Mother today. It can easily be mistaken for contemporary.

True. I remember seeing some old 90s shows on Nick at Nite back then, and even I could see that it wasn't really dated at the time.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/31/16 at 10:41 am

I love the 1990's, but I love the 1980's more.

No, no one has ruined the 90's for me yet!

Written By: 80sfan on 07/31/16 at 10:48 am

The only decades I don't 'get' the hype of is the 1970's and the 00's. I may even end up liking the 2010's culture in the end.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/31/16 at 10:49 am

I pretty much liked the 80s better, because the decade seemed like it wasn't that bad. Any year from 1980 to 1989 just seemed really cool, in my opinion.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/31/16 at 10:50 am

The only decades I don't 'get' the hype of is the 1970's and the 00's. I may even end up liking the 2010's culture in the end.

I don't think there wasn't that much hype during the 2000s. Pretty much anybody who were nostalgic towards another decade, seems to despise the 2000s with a passion.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/31/16 at 10:53 am

I don't think there wasn't that much hype during the 2000s. Pretty much anybody who were nostalgic towards another decade, seems to despise the 2000s with a passion.

Yes, I remember when I only read this website, instead of join (in 2008), I read it in 2004, and there was so much hate for the pop music of the 00's. A lot of people thought music after 2000/2001 sucked.

Written By: SpyroKev on 07/31/16 at 10:55 am

2000s nostalgia is already here by those who appreciate it. I can list my self with a few selective users who's originating the fad. It will be in full swing by 2020.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/31/16 at 10:58 am

Yes, I remember when I only read this website, instead of join (in 2008), I read it in 2004, and there was so much hate for the pop music of the 00's. A lot of people thought music after 2000/2001 sucked.

I feel ya, since I read a lot of those posts from 2004 which hated the 2000s with a burning passion. There were a few members like Brian who liked the decade though, despite joining in 2007. Actually, come to think of it, there was a lot of hate for the 2000s in this website until 2011/2012.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/31/16 at 11:01 am

2000s nostalgia is already here by those who appreciate it. I can list my self with a few selective users who's originating the fad. It will be in full swing by 2020.

But it's mostly early 2000s nostalgia. Even when I try to search up something from the 2000s, it's mostly stuff from 2000-early 2004.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/31/16 at 11:18 am

Yes. They claim to be they are 90s children, but they don't even remember the decade. I don't think the 90s are overrated, I haven't seen much nostalgia and they don't even play 90s music on FM radio for nostalgia purposes...least not here. They tried to make the decade overrated but didn't succeed I guess. Nice try guys!

And I agree, I enjoyed gaming in the 90s and 2000s as well. It was at it's best!

Written By: Ripley on 07/31/16 at 11:36 am

Yes. They claim to be they are 90s children, but they don't even remember the decade. I don't think the 90s are overrated, I haven't seen much nostalgia and they don't even play 90s music on FM radio for nostalgia purposes...least not here. They tried to make the decade overrated but didn't succeed I guess. Nice try guys!

And I agree, I enjoyed gaming in the 90s and 2000s as well. It was at it's best!

It definitely is NOT overrated. 👍

I was about to turn 5 when the decade started and I remember about everything about it. So I was a 90's kid. I usually say that if someone is born in '86 or before they're a 90's kid. Though some may not have the best memory of it. But my sister its hard to say. She's a late 90's/early 2000's kid I guess. But she remembers stuff like i do from a young age. For instance, when we went to the drive in to see Jurrasic Park and she was only 4.

I know this topic isn't about who is a 90's kid, who is not. But you guys have the perspective of at least three 90's kid here. Jessica, my sister and me. So trust me we would know if its everywhere. Like she was saying with the radio. Even the stations that claim to be about old school music rarely play it, just the new crap.

So the new MTV classic is essentially a breath of fresh air for us 90's kid. The 90's Are That and Splat didn't even turn out like they were supposed to. Where's Weinerville? They only played some shows a few months or even weeks. Barely any are on normally. Playing Hey Arnold over and over, now that seems played out. I still love it but they're not giving us everything. So maybe the new MTV channel will be better.

Aside from some encore episodes of great and no so great shows, some revivals of shows and remakes of movies in both movie and show form, there isn't much from the decade that has actually come back. And not much of the fashion either.

I always like and respect other's opinions. But to me the 90's are not overrated.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/31/16 at 11:43 am

It definitely is NOT overrated. 👍

I was about to turn 5 when the decade started and I remember about everything about it. So I was a 90's kid. I usually say that if someone is born in '86 or before they're a 90's kid. Though some may not have the best memory of it. But my sister its hard to say. She's a late 90's/early 2000's kid I guess. But she remembers stuff like i do from a young age. For instance, when we went to the drive in to see Jurrasic Park and she was only 4.

I know this topic isn't about who is a 90's kid, who is not. But you guys have the perspective of at least three 90's kid here. Jessica, my sister and me. So trust me we would know if its everywhere. Like she was saying with the radio. Even the stations that claim to be about old school music rarely play it, just the new crap.

So the new MTV classic is essentially a breath of fresh air for us 90's kid. The 90's Are That and Splat didn't even turn out like they were supposed to. Where's Weinerville? They only played some shows a few months or even weeks. Barely any are on normally. Playing Hey Arnold over and over, now that seems played out. I still love it but they're not giving us everything. So maybe the new MTV channel will be better.

Aside from some encore episodes of great and no so great shows, some revivals of shows and remakes of movies in both movie and show form, there isn't much from the decade that has actually come back. And not much of the fashion either.

I always like and respect other's opinions. But to me the 90's are not overrated.

I think from what I have been seeing for the past two and a half years, 90s nostalgia only occurs to the most popular phenomenons of the decade. Especially towards the late 90s ones, since they show mostly that. I don't know about them, but it just seems like these people don't really care about the other obscure ones, especially the ones you mentioned. But considering 90s nostalgia is way out of its peak, it's not really worth it to a lot of people anymore.

Written By: Ripley on 07/31/16 at 12:14 pm

Most World War kids, older folks, don't care for anything beyond the 50's pop culture wise. My grandparents are 85 and 84 and they love crime drama shows and Wheel of Fortune but most outside of that they don't pay attention to. They would rather stick to classic Country Western. Now my Gram likes some early 90's stuff like Alan Jackson, but they often watch this old Country show that was filmed in the late 60's or early 70's. And shows like Lucy and Genie they like. I like them too but my point is, they prefer older stuff, from when they were younger. See people tend to lean toward stuff from their own decade. When they grew up and early adulthood.  So most 90's kids are going to want 90's things. I know of others born in different times before then saying, "All the stuff you kids like is garbage." And it's also natural for someone who is 12 now to say, "The Spice Girls are lame. They have nothing on Selena Gomez." I think this has been going on for years. People love what they grew up with, what was around. I don't know if this post helps the topic at all but 90's kids will always be obsessed with 90's and 2010 kids will always be obsessed with 2010's. Then there are some of you on here that think of things in different ways. So maybe you were not into the pop culture at the time? I'm just saying most 90's kids love all things 90's! 😂

Written By: SpyroKev on 07/31/16 at 12:16 pm

But it's mostly early 2000s nostalgia. Even when I try to search up something from the 2000s, it's mostly stuff from 2000-early 2004.

That's a nice chunk, dude. The Early and Mid are the better parts of the 2000s.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/31/16 at 12:40 pm

That's a nice chunk, dude. The Early and Mid are the better parts of the 2000s.

I like the early-mid 2000s, because it just seems like a cool time to live in. Even as a kid back then.

Written By: Howard on 07/31/16 at 2:49 pm

I love the 80's too.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 07/31/16 at 8:46 pm

No, it wasn't them. It was those arrogant ones. The "90s kids" who kept saying that everyone who wasn't one had a horrible childhood. The self-proclaimed ones are only like that because the arrogant ones brainwashed them in thinking the 90s was a utopia (it definitely wasn't).

Also, for those who said that many things those arrogant "90s kids" use as 90s things to see if anyone remembers them when they're clearly aren't from the decade are correct. In fact, almost every 90s kid's list I've seen throughout the Internet is not completely about the decade itself, but rather the 80s or the 00s integrated into the list. You can pretty much tell the difference between a genuine 90s kid and an ignorant/arrogant one.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/31/16 at 9:20 pm

No, it wasn't them. It was those arrogant ones. The "90s kids" who kept saying that everyone who wasn't one had a horrible childhood. The self-proclaimed ones are only like that because the arrogant ones brainwashed them in thinking the 90s was a utopia (it definitely wasn't).

Also, for those who said that many things those arrogant "90s kids" use as 90s things to see if anyone remembers them when they're clearly aren't from the decade are correct. In fact, almost every 90s kid's list I've seen throughout the Internet is not completely about the decade itself, but rather the 80s or the 00s integrated into the list. You can pretty much tell the difference between a genuine 90s kid and an ignorant/arrogant one.

Well to be honest, I never really saw anybody outside of those who were friendly to 2000s kids, who seemed like a genuine 90s kid. So, are there any other examples you could mention?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 07/31/16 at 9:46 pm

Well to be honest, I never really saw anybody outside of those who were friendly to 2000s kids, who seemed like a genuine 90s kid. So, are there any other examples you could mention?
There's already some here. Jessica, Ripley, Unconventional, BChris, Jordan, Slowpoke, Infinity, Toon, and Millennium Mansion. They're friendly and I haven't any of them being mean to 00s kids.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/31/16 at 9:49 pm

We're really not that bad, are we? ???

Written By: mxcrashxm on 07/31/16 at 9:52 pm

We're really not that bad, are we? ???
No you guys aren't. It's just the arrogant "90s kids". All of you guys are the genuine ones.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/31/16 at 9:59 pm

No you guys aren't. It's just the arrogant "90s kids". All of you guys are the genuine ones.

Yeah, I've always thought it was beyond stupid to insult somebody, or otherwise put them down, just because they happen to be younger than you. I've made it a point to never do that in my ten years on this forum, or anywhere else for that matter.

One reason I'm adamant about it is because I also experienced this myself back in the early '00s. Even though '90s kids get flack these days, '80s kids could be just as vicious back then. I remember being a 13-year-old kid and having older guys make fun of me for being born in the late '80s and not being able to remember any of the "awesome" stuff from the decade like ALF and The Smurfs. ::)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 07/31/16 at 10:17 pm

Yeah, I've always thought it was beyond stupid to insult somebody, or otherwise put them down, just because they happen to be younger than you. I've made it a point to never do that in my ten years on this forum, or anywhere else for that matter.

One reason I'm adamant about it is because I also experienced this myself back in the early '00s. Even though '90s kids get flack these days, '80s kids could be just as vicious back then. I remember being a 13-year-old kid and having older guys make fun of me for being born in the late '80s and not being able to remember any of the "awesome" stuff from the decade like ALF and The Smurfs. ::)

Yeah, dude. You were born in the late 80's and missed out on the glory of ALF and the Smurf unlike people born in 1982, true 80's kids, like myself.

:P ;D

Written By: mqg96 on 07/31/16 at 10:45 pm

and The Smurfs and many of those other cheap 80's cartoons were a complete pile of s**t compared to most of the cartoons you grew up with  ;D

Written By: Ripley on 07/31/16 at 11:05 pm

I think people from other decades are arogant as well. I hate arrogance. 😛But I like being called genuine. I'm glad I grew up when I did though. 😎

Written By: Ripley on 07/31/16 at 11:06 pm

and The Smurfs and many of those other cheap 80's cartoons were a complete pile of s**t compared to most of the cartoons you grew up with  ;D

True  ;D

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/01/16 at 2:42 am

I know how you feel man. I've experienced this, and I've seen it happen to other people as well. You wanna know something? About 4 years ago, I was on another site where they had the 90s kids debate and there were two guys born in 1988 and 1990 respectively, and they had this elitist mentality talking about how the 00s kids had terrible childhoods; they put others down, and that they spoke for every 90s kid in the world. One of them even stated that Hey Arnold was a 00s show without even realizing that most of of the series took place in the 90s and only the last season was in the said decade.

It made me acknowledge that those two and other arrogant "90s kids" made the genuine ones look bad to the point where the non-90s kids were lumping them all in one group. One thing for sure is that the arrogant 90s kids definitely don't speak for the rest, and that thanks to them is why the 90s nostalgia has been ruined. They went overboard with making it sound like the 90s was a perfect utopia (it wasn't at all), and that they were telling other people what they can and can't remember.

I think people from other decades are arrogant as well. I hate arrogance. 😛But I like being called genuine. I'm glad I grew up when I did though. 😎
Oh yeah, very true! I've seen a few arrogant 80s kids, but they didn't go overboard like the arrogant 90s kids did.

Yeah, you're absolutely a genuine 90s kid. I rather hear stories from you and others here than from arrogant 90s kids who seem to have their head in their a*s anytime.

I'm even one myself, but I don't go around telling others they had an awful childhood, and mines was the best ever.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/01/16 at 6:12 am

There's already some here. Jessica, Ripley, Unconventional, BChris, Jordan, Slowpoke, Infinity, Toon, and Millennium Mansion. They're friendly and I haven't any of them being mean to 00s kids.

Oh. I thought there weren't a lot, but thanks man.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/01/16 at 11:27 am

Oh. I thought there weren't a lot, but thanks man.
You're welcome anytime.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/01/16 at 12:21 pm

Everyone has moments of arrogance, most people aren't saints 24/7, unless you're Mister Rogers. If you heard stories from high school.....  :-X  :-X

Written By: 80sfan on 08/01/16 at 12:26 pm

I love the 80's too.

Yay!!

Written By: Howard on 08/01/16 at 2:55 pm

Yeah, dude. You were born in the late 80's and missed out on the glory of ALF and the Smurf unlike people born in 1982, true 80's kids, like myself.

I was born in 1974 so I'd remember the 80's.

Written By: 2001 on 08/01/16 at 4:12 pm

Everyone has moments of arrogance, most people aren't saints 24/7, unless you're Mister Rogers. If you heard stories from high school.....  :-X  :-X

I think I am actually very humble. I think I'm much more humble than you would understand.

Written By: Ripley on 08/01/16 at 4:16 pm

Some people were creeped out by Mr. Rogers but not me. He was great.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/01/16 at 4:43 pm

Wow. They get creeped out by a man who spreads joy and laughter to children for 32 years? It may seems subjective, but it seems kinda extreme for something like that. Even as a kid, I never really got afraid of Mr. Rogers.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/01/16 at 5:03 pm

I think I am actually very humble. I think I'm much more humble than you would understand.

Based on the way you are here, I would agree.

Me? I don't dwell over my mistakes, but perfect? Not really.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/01/16 at 5:03 pm

;D

Written By: 80sfan on 08/01/16 at 5:05 pm

Wow. They get creeped out by a man who spreads joy and laughter to children for 32 years? It may seems subjective, but it seems kinda extreme for something like that. Even as a kid, I never really got afraid of Mr. Rogers.

Someone once spread joy and laughter, with my psychic mind.  8)  8)

Written By: 2001 on 08/01/16 at 5:11 pm

Based on the way you are here, I would agree.

Me? I don't dwell over my mistakes, but perfect? Not really.

Lol it was a Donald Trump reference  ;D

1R42mFx3_ss

Written By: 80sfan on 08/01/16 at 6:10 pm

Lol it was a Donald Trump reference  ;D

1R42mFx3_ss

Did you see the woman's face?  ;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: Ripley on 08/01/16 at 9:24 pm

Mainly the parents were!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/01/16 at 9:59 pm

Mainly the parents were!

I bet they haven't seen one episode of the show, since it's really innocent.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 08/02/16 at 2:12 am

More like a late 80s and early 90s kid.... ;D ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/02/16 at 2:49 pm

He had some weird facial expressions.

Written By: Howard on 08/02/16 at 2:50 pm

They always thought bad things about him.

Written By: Ripley on 08/02/16 at 9:31 pm

It was cause he was an older man talking to young kids. While most of think grandpa or uncle, some people thought pedophile just cause of his age.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/02/16 at 9:41 pm

It was cause he was an older man talking to young kids. While most of think grandpa or uncle, some people thought pedophile just cause of his age.

That's somehow weird. Mister Rogers Neighborhood never went off the air for that reason. Especially when they kept on airing the show, until Fred Rogers retired in 2001 because of his stomach cancer.

Written By: Howard on 08/03/16 at 2:54 pm

They thought Mr.Rogers was one.

Written By: Howard on 08/03/16 at 2:54 pm

That's somehow weird. Mister Rogers Neighborhood never went off the air for that reason. Especially when they kept on airing the show, until Fred Rogers retired in 2001 because of his stomach cancer.

and he passed away in 2003. :\'(

Written By: Ripley on 08/03/16 at 3:00 pm

Well I liked him. He was a cool guy. My mom and Grandparents thought he was a great man. Not from what I recall did anyone try and take him off the air. But some people have told me that their parents never let them watch him cause they thought he was creepy. And I've read people commenting the same things on a message board.

Written By: muppethammer26 on 08/03/16 at 9:21 pm

The only things I can relate to the 90's are having vague memories of being myself during my first 4 years (I was born in 1996). Nothing else. This is typical of a late millennial born in the 2nd half of the 90's, usually having little to no memories of living in the 90's.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/03/16 at 9:44 pm

;D

Written By: Ripley on 08/03/16 at 9:51 pm

;D

Who was the really creepy man? Willy Wonka. Not old but old enough to be considered a threat to young kids. I suppose this is why parents were asked to come along. Cause he knew they would freak out at the tbought of a middle aged or close to it man taking their kids in his big house. Nothing against Gene Wilder. But in reality Willy Wonka would be rather creepy in my opinion.

Written By: Howard on 08/04/16 at 2:50 pm

Well I liked him. He was a cool guy. My mom and Grandparents thought he was a great man. Not from what I recall did anyone try and take him off the air. But some people have told me that their parents never let them watch him cause they thought he was creepy. And I've read people commenting the same things on a message board.

He taught everyone a lesson at the end of his shows.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/13/16 at 1:16 am

I would pick the 1990's over the 1970's. I'm not sure why, but I never got into the 1970's.

My favorite decades are the 1930's, the 1980's, and the 1990's. I somewhat like the 1950's, but I just like the fashion mostly.

Check for new replies or respond here...