inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Big Hair in the late 90s

Written By: exodus08 on 08/05/16 at 1:59 pm

This is my first time being on here and I'm not sure if this was discussed before, but did people still have big hair in the late part of the 90s? I know that the early 90s was still kind of 80'sish.

Subject: Re: Big Hair in the late 90s

Written By: #Infinity on 08/05/16 at 2:03 pm

This is my first time being on here and I'm not sure if this was discussed before, but did people still have big hair in the late part of the 90s? I know that the early 90s was still kind of 80'sish.

Aside from Scary Spice, no, not really. Most women had bobs, Rachels, pigtails, hair clips, ponytails, and straight hair.

Written By: Zelek3 on 08/05/16 at 2:31 pm

I wasn't paying attention at the time (I was just a kid), but I've heard that there was a bit of a mini-80s revival around 97-99 (i.e. Gross Pointe Blank, Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion, 200 Cigarettes), so perhaps a few people had big hair then?

Written By: violet_shy on 08/06/16 at 3:11 pm

I wasn't paying attention at the time (I was just a kid), but I've heard that there was a bit of a mini-80s revival around 97-99 (i.e. Gross Pointe Blank, Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion, 200 Cigarettes), so perhaps a few people had big hair then?

Yes there was. I remember it well. It wasn't like the 80s, but it was still big hair.

Written By: Ripley on 08/06/16 at 8:52 pm

Butterfly clips and straight hair were all the rage!

Written By: Mitch Kramer on 08/14/16 at 7:04 am

Up until around 1995, it was still somewhat common around where I was.  It generally declined after that.

That seems to match my memory, too.  It didn't entirely disappear until the early 00s.

Written By: Howard on 08/14/16 at 12:52 pm

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/campaign_images/webdr01/2013/4/18/18/the-19-most-important-womens-hairstyles-of-the-90s-1-27937-1366323486-1_big.jpg

I don't remember big hair in the late 90's this was all I got ↑

Check for new replies or respond here...