inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Eurodance

Written By: exodus08 on 10/25/16 at 6:27 pm

How popular was Eurodance in America? I know it was popular  throughout the world but when everyone here talks about 90s music here it's all about Gangster Rap or  Grunge.

Subject: Re: Eurodance

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/25/16 at 6:43 pm

Some songs that were originated from Eurodance were sort of popular during the 90s. Hell, they even live on to this day like "What Is Love" by Haddaway, and "Scatman" by Scatman John. Most Americans though were probably listen to grunge rock, heavy metal, rap, and other sorts of genres that were popular during the decade.

Written By: exodus08 on 10/25/16 at 6:58 pm

That's true. I just miss hearing songs on the radio like we like to party from the vengaboys, all around the world from ATC and I'm Blue (daba dee). Growing up in the late 90s and early 00s were great.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/25/16 at 8:22 pm

That's true. I just miss hearing songs on the radio like we like to party from the vengaboys, all around the world from ATC and I'm Blue (daba dee). Growing up in the late 90s and early 00s were great.

Those songs were also pretty good for a while. The Vengaboys was well known towards the Six Flags ads, while I'm Blue was am Internet meme during the late 2000s.

Written By: exodus08 on 10/25/16 at 10:37 pm

Too many typos in my messages :(

Written By: 80sfan on 10/25/16 at 11:26 pm

Is the song, "What is love?" a 90's Eurodance song?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/26/16 at 5:42 am

Is the song, "What is love?" a 90's Eurodance song?

Well yeah. It was released in 1993.

Written By: Starlighter on 10/26/16 at 6:29 pm

I remember Eurodance being played a lot on the radio in the Los Angeles area in the early 90's.  I think its popularity faded around '94, '95.

Written By: exodus08 on 10/26/16 at 6:56 pm

I wonder if Marky Mark and the funky bunch are a Eurodance group.

Written By: 80sfan on 10/26/16 at 7:30 pm

Well yeah. It was released in 1993.

Oh!  :o

Written By: yelimsexa on 10/27/16 at 7:43 am

I remember Eurodance being played a lot on the radio in the Los Angeles area in the early 90's.  I think its popularity faded around '94, '95.

Actually, it faded in 1997 as you had La Bouche's "Be My Lover" and No Mercy's "Where Do You Go" in 1996, two big songs for the genre. There was also the predecessor of the genre, Eurobeat in the mid-late '80s that evolved from Italo Disco (named for a large set of compilations with that name that was released in the UK), but wasn't mainstream outside of Europe, although in a way Stock-Aiken-Waterman songs were a watered down mainstream version of it.

Written By: Starlighter on 10/28/16 at 5:15 pm

Actually, it faded in 1997 as you had La Bouche's "Be My Lover" and No Mercy's "Where Do You Go" in 1996, two big songs for the genre. There was also the predecessor of the genre, Eurobeat in the mid-late '80s that evolved from Italo Disco (named for a large set of compilations with that name that was released in the UK), but wasn't mainstream outside of Europe, although in a way Stock-Aiken-Waterman songs were a watered down mainstream version of it.

Great, now I can't get "Be My Lover" out of my head  ;D

Gosh, it's really been 20+ years since then.  How time flies  :(     

Written By: violet_shy on 10/28/16 at 5:40 pm

I loved Eurodance...I miss music that sounded like that. :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...