inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Space Jam!

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 11/29/16 at 3:35 pm

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/hoopz-barkley-saga/images/9/9e/Article-spacejamweb-0221.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140705211836

Well, as you all know it's the 20th anniversary of Space Jam! :o :D
To honor it's 20th anniversary I've made this thread and I want to know some of your thoughts on this classic as well. This was one of my favorite childhood films of all time!!! I used to watch it on VHS all the time.  8)

How many of y'all enjoyed this too?!

Subject: Re: Space Jam!

Written By: #Infinity on 11/29/16 at 4:01 pm

I never saw the movie, but we do have the soundtrack. It's a classic representation of mid-late 90s popular music, with a few neat surprises, like the Bugs Bunny rap and collaboration between Barry White and Chris Rock. It's definitely one of the most memorable soundtrack albums of the 1990s.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 11/29/16 at 4:21 pm

I never saw the movie, but we do have the soundtrack. It's a classic representation of mid-late 90s popular music, with a few neat surprises, like the Bugs Bunny rap and collaboration between Barry White and Chris Rock. It's definitely one of the most memorable soundtrack albums of the 1990s.

Agreed. That soundtrack is off the chain!!!! :D :D :D

Written By: mqg96 on 11/29/16 at 5:29 pm

I used to watch this on VHS sometimes with my dad when I was very little! He still has the tape in the attic of the house. This movie brings back a lot of good memories from my early childhood since it's another one of those movies with my favorite Looney Tunes characters on there. Space Jam and Looney Tunes: Back In Action immediately come to mind when it comes to my top 2 Looney Tunes movies mixed with live action.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/29/16 at 6:20 pm

I would've love to see this movie as a kid, but I never got the chance. Although I would still love to see it now, since I'm still into basketball and like Michael Jordan as one of my favorite NBA players.

Written By: 2001 on 11/29/16 at 7:45 pm

I'm pretty sure I spent half of 1997 watching this on loop.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 11/29/16 at 10:06 pm

Space Jam was one of my favourite childhood movies. I used to have the movie on video.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 11/29/16 at 10:43 pm

I've got all you guys beat. Not only did I have Space Jam on VHS, and the soundtrack on CD, but I even had Space Jam slammers!

http://thatissophat.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/tazos5.jpg

It doesn't get much more mid '90s than that. 8)

Written By: SpyroKev on 11/29/16 at 11:13 pm

I can sadly only enjoy the scenes involving the cartoon characters now. Other then that, the soundtrack really is emotionally killer and the Nerdlucks/Monstars are insanely memorable. I always wanted them to appear in Looney Tunes canon.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/30/16 at 1:36 pm

I can sadly only enjoy the scenes involving the cartoon characters now. Other then that, the soundtrack really is emotionally killer and the Nerdlucks/Monstars are insanely memorable. I always wanted them to appear in Looney Tunes canon.

I'm guessing you aren't a big fan of the NBA (or sports in general). I could see that since I wasn't a big fan of sports as a child. Hell, I thought Michael Jordan was in the New York Knicks before I knew about the Chicago Bulls.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 11/30/16 at 2:15 pm

I've got all you guys beat. Not only did I have Space Jam on VHS, and the soundtrack on CD, but I even had Space Jam slammers!

http://thatissophat.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/tazos5.jpg

It doesn't get much more mid '90s than that. 8)

'97 was a late '90s year, not mid '90s.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/30/16 at 4:48 pm

'97 was a late '90s year, not mid '90s.

The movie was released in 1996, though.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 12/03/16 at 4:44 pm

Pretty iconic movie, I used to watch this on various reruns on tv! Of course you cannot forget about that epic soundtrack:

nendMLrpI-s

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/03/16 at 5:30 pm

Pretty iconic movie, I used to watch this on various reruns on tv! Of course you cannot forget about that epic soundtrack:

nendMLrpI-s

I used to listen to that song so much when I was a kid. I never thought it came from Space Jam until a few years ago.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 12/20/16 at 1:37 am

The movie was released in 1996, though.

True! But I've always associated it with the late 90s tho, mostly due to the fact that it came out at the end of the year.

Written By: ArcticFox on 01/03/17 at 7:40 pm

I liked that movie as a kid. I watched it again recently and it has a charm, but it's not an outstanding movie like Who Framed Roger Rabbit? was. I did like the soundtrack though. I really enjoy "For You I Will" and "I Believe I Can Fly".

Written By: Rosequartz2000 on 01/06/18 at 8:26 pm

One of my favorite movies as a kid. I owned the VHS and watched it so many times.

Written By: annimal on 01/07/18 at 1:22 pm

name sounds familiar

Check for new replies or respond here...