inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite '90s moviegoing experiences

Written By: Wiz83 on 01/13/17 at 4:33 pm

These are my favorite memories of going to see movies in the theater in the '90s:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)

Home Alone (1990)

Terminator 2: Judgement Day (1991)

Hook (1991)

Jurassic Park (1993)

Mortal Kombat (1995)

Toy Story (1995)

Men In Black (1997)

Subject: Re: Favorite '90s moviegoing experiences

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/14/17 at 8:22 pm

The very first movie that I can remember seeing in theaters was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Secret of the Ooze in 1991. I was a 4-year-old Turtle fanatic at the time, and excited as hell.

The first movie I really remember wanting to see in theaters was Jurassic Park. I was huge into dinosaurs as a kid and the commercials for that movie looked so awesome that I begged my parents to take me to see it, but sadly we never got the chance to go.

I went to see the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers Movie in 1995 with my little brother, and Muppet Treasure Island in 1996 with my cousin.

In early 1998 I saw my first non kids movie in theaters when I went with my parents to see Titanic. That's probably my single favorite moviegoing experience of the decade.

Written By: preston181 on 01/22/17 at 10:27 pm

The Matrix. Hands down one of the most memorable moviegoing experiences I've had.

My friends and I used to go to movies in large groups, (like 30 of us). This was when we were all teenagers, ranging in age from 15 to 19. This movie was the last time we all got together in this group, before we started to part ways, (some of us going to college, some of us breaking off from the group to lead a life with a significant other, some of us dying way too young). Couldn't have chosen a better movie for the last outing together. We didn't know what to expect. We got our socks blown off with never before seen special effects; and a storyline that at the time was completely original.

Written By: nally on 01/23/17 at 12:07 pm

Sister Act (1992) readily comes to mind. I always enjoy comedy films. I also saw its sequel in early 1994, but it wasn't quite as good.

I saw several movies in theatres during 1997/98, including Liar Liar; As Good As It Gets; Wedding Singer; and Six Days, Seven Nights. These were all to my liking as well.

Written By: Allie Fox on 01/25/17 at 9:29 am

In the 90s. . . hands down, it was Dumb and Dumber. I have never laughed so hard before or since.

I worked at a theater in 1994 when Dumb and Dumber was released.  The theater staff previewed the movie the night before it opened. The manager and I were the both in out mid-20s at the time and the rest of the staff were high school kids. They thought I was a weirdo for having laughed so hard.

Written By: 2001 on 01/25/17 at 2:34 pm

The only movie I remember watching in theatres in the '90s was Batman and Robin. That would make it the best, and the worst!

Written By: 80sfan on 01/25/17 at 3:36 pm

The only movie I remember watching in theatres in the '90s was Batman and Robin. That would make it the best, and the worst!

I had huge lusty feelings for the two heroes!  :-[

Written By: 2001 on 01/25/17 at 3:56 pm

I had huge lusty feelings for the two heroes!  :-[

They are pretty good looking  :-[

Written By: 80sfan on 01/25/17 at 4:23 pm

I remember seeing A Kid in King Arthur's Court in 1995.

Also remember seeing Star Wars trilogy, or at least one of the films in the original trilogy, with my siblings, around 1997. It was the re-release years, I remember.

Written By: Ripley on 01/25/17 at 5:53 pm

Oh man,  I've seen so many movies in theaters! Twister at the drive-in though when that "drive-in" scene came on lol

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/26/17 at 4:14 am

Having to take a 14 hour plane flight and watching movies on a plane.

Written By: Ripley on 02/11/17 at 10:52 pm

One time I opened my bag of Skittles and they flew everywhere, this was when I saw Batman Forever lol. And this at Wild Wild West I forgot I had sat my nachos down just a few seconds before and I sat on them lol

Written By: Rosequartz2000 on 01/07/18 at 1:01 pm

When my neighbor Elizabeth turned 17, she took me to see my first R rated movie, Pulp Fiction. When Samuel L. Jackson said "Does she look like a bitch?" we erupted into Beavis and Butt-Head style laughter. (Speaking of which, we saw Do America two years later.)

I also remember my first movie ever was Aladdin. I was 3. I mostly liked Jasmine and the Genie. And when I was 4, Elizabeth and her mom took me to see Jurassic Park. Whenever someone was eaten, I laughed. The only time I was scared was during the storm scene! LOL

The first time I cried at a film was when Mufasa died in The Lion King. I remember screaming "NO! DADDY LION!" And during Toy Story after Buzz saw the commercial that stated he couldn't fly, I shedded a few tears.

Finally, I cracked up at the infamous Bat Credit Card when I saw Batman and Robin. I spit out my soda too.

Check for new replies or respond here...