inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Which 1990s comic book superhero cartoon is the best?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/25/17 at 7:08 pm

Ooooooh yeah. It's that time. TIME for another DEATH BATTLE!!!!!!!!!

In this thread, share YOUR opinion on the GREATEST COMIC SUPERHERO CARTOON OF THE 1990s.  8)

Choice #1: X-Men (aka X-Men: The Animated Series)

Choice #2: Batman: The Animated Series

Choice #3: Superman: The Animated Series

Choice #4: Spider-Man (aka Spider-Man: The Animated Series)

Choice #5: Todd McFarlane's Spawn

INELIGIBLE choice
Batman Beyond (1999-2001) because it ran from Jan. 1999 until Dec. 2001 thus most of it's run was during the 2000s.

I personally like (actually...LOVE) all of these cartoons but I will have to go with Batman: The Animated Series....it's just so ICONIC.

Subject: Re: Which 1990s comic book superhero cartoon is the best?

Written By: 2001 on 03/26/17 at 1:43 pm

I only watched Spiderman and Superman, and only a bit of Batman. It's been 20+ years since I watched them so it's hard to say. Spiderman is most memorable to me, though!

Written By: 80sfan on 03/26/17 at 1:50 pm

Batman is king in my eyes!  8)  8)  8)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/26/17 at 1:52 pm

Batman is king in my eyes!  8)  8)  8)

👍 👍 Absolutely.  8)

Written By: 80sfan on 03/26/17 at 1:55 pm

👍 👍 Absolutely.  8)

X-men is good too!  :-X  :-X

Written By: Looney Toon on 03/26/17 at 2:39 pm

Captain Planet  :-X

Now before you stab me with the nearest pitch fork keep in mind that Captain Planet is a superhero with his own comic book.
https://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.net/n_iv/600/855307.jpg

Hue! All jokes aside I did enjoy Batman TAS the most.

Written By: mqg96 on 03/26/17 at 2:41 pm

Batman: TAS was great but I don't remember it that much and it was too dark for me as a kid so that's out.

I liked Superman: TAS but once again I didn't watch it as much as other DCAU shows like Justice League/Unlimited or Batman Beyond.

So for me it's between Spider-Man (1994) or X-Men (1992) since most of my memories were through those shows on ABC Family or Jetix.

Spider-Man was my favorite Marvel character growing up but X-Men had the best roster of characters and the most interesting plots. X-Men is the one show I wouldn't give af re-watching on Netflix if I had a chance.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/26/17 at 2:51 pm

X-men is good too!  :-X  :-X

That is true.

Batman: TAS was great but I don't remember it that much and it was too dark for me as a kid so that's out.

I liked Superman: TAS but once again I didn't watch it as much as other DCAU shows like Justice League/Unlimited or Batman Beyond.

So for me it's between Spider-Man (1994) or X-Men (1992) since most of my memories were through those shows on ABC Family or Jetix.

Spider-Man was my favorite Marvel character growing up but X-Men had the best roster of characters and the most interesting plots. X-Men is the one show I wouldn't give af re-watching on Netflix if I had a chance.

Interesting deduction. X-Men is a great choice. In fact, all of the shows on the list are great choices. I just like Batman slightly better.

Check for new replies or respond here...