inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Which 1990s comic book superhero cartoon is the best?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/25/17 at 7:08 pm

Ooooooh yeah. It's that time. TIME for another DEATH BATTLE!!!!!!!!!

In this thread, share YOUR opinion on the GREATEST COMIC SUPERHERO CARTOON OF THE 1990s.  8)

Choice #1: X-Men (aka X-Men: The Animated Series)

Choice #2: Batman: The Animated Series

Choice #3: Superman: The Animated Series

Choice #4: Spider-Man (aka Spider-Man: The Animated Series)

Choice #5: Todd McFarlane's Spawn

INELIGIBLE choice
Batman Beyond (1999-2001) because it ran from Jan. 1999 until Dec. 2001 thus most of it's run was during the 2000s.

I personally like (actually...LOVE) all of these cartoons but I will have to go with Batman: The Animated Series....it's just so ICONIC.

Subject: Re: Which 1990s comic book superhero cartoon is the best?

Written By: 2001 on 03/26/17 at 1:43 pm

I only watched Spiderman and Superman, and only a bit of Batman. It's been 20+ years since I watched them so it's hard to say. Spiderman is most memorable to me, though!

Written By: 80sfan on 03/26/17 at 1:50 pm

Batman is king in my eyes!  8)  8)  8)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/26/17 at 1:52 pm

Batman is king in my eyes!  8)  8)  8)

👍 👍 Absolutely.  8)

Written By: 80sfan on 03/26/17 at 1:55 pm

👍 👍 Absolutely.  8)

X-men is good too!  :-X  :-X

Written By: Looney Toon on 03/26/17 at 2:39 pm

Captain Planet  :-X

Now before you stab me with the nearest pitch fork keep in mind that Captain Planet is a superhero with his own comic book.
https://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.net/n_iv/600/855307.jpg

Hue! All jokes aside I did enjoy Batman TAS the most.

Written By: mqg96 on 03/26/17 at 2:41 pm

Batman: TAS was great but I don't remember it that much and it was too dark for me as a kid so that's out.

I liked Superman: TAS but once again I didn't watch it as much as other DCAU shows like Justice League/Unlimited or Batman Beyond.

So for me it's between Spider-Man (1994) or X-Men (1992) since most of my memories were through those shows on ABC Family or Jetix.

Spider-Man was my favorite Marvel character growing up but X-Men had the best roster of characters and the most interesting plots. X-Men is the one show I wouldn't give af re-watching on Netflix if I had a chance.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/26/17 at 2:51 pm

X-men is good too!  :-X  :-X

That is true.

Batman: TAS was great but I don't remember it that much and it was too dark for me as a kid so that's out.

I liked Superman: TAS but once again I didn't watch it as much as other DCAU shows like Justice League/Unlimited or Batman Beyond.

So for me it's between Spider-Man (1994) or X-Men (1992) since most of my memories were through those shows on ABC Family or Jetix.

Spider-Man was my favorite Marvel character growing up but X-Men had the best roster of characters and the most interesting plots. X-Men is the one show I wouldn't give af re-watching on Netflix if I had a chance.

Interesting deduction. X-Men is a great choice. In fact, all of the shows on the list are great choices. I just like Batman slightly better.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/08/20 at 1:47 pm

Slightly too late in the voting. Over the years, it has always be Superman for me.

Written By: Slashpop on 06/12/20 at 4:03 am

I think there was silver surfer and fanastic four and the hulk in the mid to late 90s as well.

To be honest, all the cartoons, comics and pre 2000s movies (starting with batman and ending with X-men 1) are all equally awesome, there was something about the marvel franchise getting darker but just more authentic at that time. It wasn't tainted with endless sequels, bad CGI and oversaturation of merch like in 2000/2010s.

People complain that some of the cartoons were too kiddy or crappily made but they are really solid and high quality in my opinion, as are a lot of the comics from that era even though some are a bit gimmick and hollow.

Written By: humaeast on 06/19/20 at 7:45 pm

Batman. Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy and Catwoman were best!

Check for new replies or respond here...