inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Year's Eve 1999

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/15/17 at 11:41 pm

What were you doing on this fantastic day before the "Happy new Millennium" became the norm?

I was getting pumped up for the year 2000. :)

Subject: Re: New Year's Eve 1999

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/15/17 at 11:43 pm

I was celebrating, as usual, and not wearing those inane glasses.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/16/17 at 12:02 am

I was a 5 month old baby and singing at the TV. While, my mom, aunt and uncle were watching the New Year's Eve Celebration and Countdown to 2000.

Written By: 2001 on 04/16/17 at 12:15 am

I was at my cousin's house and we were watching movies, and after midnight danced to our parent's cheesy music.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/16/17 at 1:01 am

Don't remember it at all.

According to older Millennials(25-35) I've talked to, it was the last time they ever felt hopeful for the world.
You're kidding me right? That is one of the most known days in history.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/16/17 at 1:03 am

He was 4, so there's a possibility that he just really didn't care about it then and thus can't remember it.

Written By: 2001 on 04/16/17 at 1:05 am

He was 4, so there's a possibility that he just really didn't care about it then and thus can't remember it.

To be fair, I didn't remember what I was doing that day either until I saw some photos to jog my memory.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/16/17 at 1:07 am

To be fair, I didn't remember what I was doing that day either until I saw some photos to jog my memory.

Yeah, fair enough.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/16/17 at 1:13 am

My brother, who was then sixteen, drove me and my mother downtown. Everyone beeped their cars!!

There was confetti in some places, probably from people. I remember seeing an African American woman having confetti in her car, probably pulled those lever thingies that releases confetti for small places. There were people beeping everywhere for a few minutes.

My father, being an eccentric and trolling, made a huge basket of water. And he also prepared some canned food too. I was 11, that's why I can remember some detail of that day.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 04/16/17 at 1:21 am

I was 9 and a half months old. I was more than likely sleeping.

Written By: Zelek3 on 04/16/17 at 1:29 am

I was 4.

I only remember a few things from when I was 4 and Y2K ain't one of them.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 04/16/17 at 1:48 am

I was 13 and waiting to see if the Y2K crisis would really happen. I remember going to survival stores at the time and my family collected lots of water and canned goods.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/16/17 at 9:59 am

I was terrified the apocalypse was about to happen! :-[

I know it seems kind of silly looking back on it now, but I fully believed in all the Y2K stuff. All day long on December 31, 1999, I expected that at the stroke of midnight planes would drop out of the sky, computers would stop working and power grids would fail. I remember watching the ball drop with my family with very sweaty palms, waiting for the worst.

Then, of course, nothing happened.

Honestly, I felt of combination of embarrassment and relief when I went to bed that night. I was embarrassed that I'd brought into all the doomsday stuff, but at the same time relieved that I had been wrong! You've got to cut me some slack, though. I was just 12. :P

Written By: SpyroKev on 04/16/17 at 10:37 am

I was 9 and for the life of me can't remember either. Wish I could though.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/16/17 at 10:43 am

Really, you was 9 and can't remember New Year's Eve 1999. I can understand if you was 5 and under but 9? ???. I turned 9 in 2008 and I can remember 2008 very well/vividly.

Written By: SpyroKev on 04/16/17 at 10:54 am

Really, you was 9 and can't remember New Year's Eve 1999. I can understand if you was 5 and under but 9? ???. I turned 9 in 2008 and I can remember 2008 very well/vividly.

I just didn't care for my age at the time. I must have been either sleep or doing something amazingly distracting.

Written By: Stillinthe90s on 04/16/17 at 1:12 pm

I went out with my sister and her boyfriend and we went to a restaurant in the evening. At night we went downtown, to the open air 16th Street Mall in Denver, looking for the crowds but there were none. Instead there were rows of police lined up on each side of the mall (a couple miles long) in riot gear standing like twenty feet apart. The place was deserted aside from cops. Normally the 16th Street Mall is the hub of Denver activity, but the mayor had decided the risk was too great and that the "real millennium" (2001) would be celebrated officially instead in Denver. It was lame.

So we went back up to Arvada (a suburb) and were walking along the railroad tracks in old town when some fireworks went off in the distance. I looked at my watch and it had just hit midnight. The new millennium began.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/16/17 at 1:34 pm

All of you guys that are old enough to remember New Year's Eve 1999 will probably remember this. ABC did a special event called "ABC 2000" that showed New Year's celebrations in every major city on the planet leading up to the ball drop in Times Square. It lasted for 25 hours, from about 3 A.M. on December 31, 1999 to about 4 A.M. on January 1, 2000. It's amazing how hyped the Y2K thing was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zewHXsQdF-k

Written By: Howard on 04/16/17 at 2:44 pm

I was with my girlfriend at the time celebrating the new millennium with her and her family.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/17/17 at 12:22 pm

I was 4.

I only remember a few things from when I was 4 and Y2K ain't one of them.

Well that's weird. Celebrating the millennium was a huge thing at the time. The number in the front was changing after a 1000 years.

All of you guys that are old enough to remember New Year's Eve 1999 will probably remember this. ABC did a special event called "ABC 2000" that showed New Year's celebrations in every major city on the planet leading up to the ball drop in Times Square. It lasted for 25 hours, from about 3 A.M. on December 31, 1999 to about 4 A.M. on January 1, 2000. It's amazing how hyped the Y2K thing was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zewHXsQdF-k
I think I remember seeing this, unless I was watching the special event on other local channels.

Written By: aja675 on 04/21/17 at 9:54 am

For some reason, I remember December 31, 1998 and January 1, 1999 instead.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 04/21/17 at 10:45 am

I was only a four-and-a-half month old baby in a crib.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/21/17 at 11:12 am

I was only a four-and-a-half month old baby in a crib.

See, that's why 1997 borns are far superior to 1999 borns. Like that YouTube poster said, they got two full years of life in the '90s! They can remember the "vibe" of the Y2K era like it was yesterday! ;D

Written By: mqg96 on 04/21/17 at 12:37 pm

The first New Years Eve I can remember clearly and what I was doing that day was 2002 (before the fireworks for 2003).

Even New Years Eve 2001 (before 2002) I don't recall what I was doing or where I was. However, my memories in general were already clear by then but still....

Written By: mqg96 on 04/21/17 at 12:39 pm

You seem to talk about the early 2000's more than the late 90's on this forum all the time. It's like do you remember significant events and what you did as a childhood throughout the late 90's?

Written By: 2001 on 04/21/17 at 2:53 pm

The first New Years Eve I can remember clearly and what I was doing that day was 2002 (before the fireworks for 2003).

Even New Years Eve 2001 (before 2002) I don't recall what I was doing or where I was. However, my memories in general were already clear by then but still....

The first New Year I remember is 2005. Before that, I had a strict 10PM bedtime that I was good at self-enforcing (I'd force my parents to go to sleep too, rather than the other way around LOL)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/21/17 at 11:31 pm

My husband was the head of an IT department at a small company, and he felt pressed into service on NYE 1999.  It was looking like an all-nighter for him.  (He and his team had been working feverishly for months to take care of the company's computer programs before D-Day.)  Thus I was alone on that evening.  I do however recall seeing fireworks in Australia on the TV that day - and feeling a sense of relief.  I called him after midnight - the world didn't melt down then, and neither did his company's computers.

There were some little glitches afterward, to be sure.  Just nothing catastrophic, as far as I know.  Here's an example of a funny little glitch (look at the date):

http://users.dls.net/~faulkners/GasReceipt2000''.jpg

8)

Written By: Howard on 04/22/17 at 5:20 am

My husband was the head of an IT department at a small company, and he felt pressed into service on NYE 1999.  It was looking like an all-nighter for him.  (He and his team had been working feverishly for months to take care of the company's computer programs before D-Day.)  Thus I was alone on that evening.  I do however recall seeing fireworks in Australia on the TV that day - and feeling a sense of relief.  I called him after midnight - the world didn't melt down then, and neither did his company's computers.

There were some little glitches afterward, to be sure.  Just nothing catastrophic, as far as I know.  Here's an example of a funny little glitch (look at the date):

8)

;D That's funny.

Written By: preston181 on 04/22/17 at 9:23 pm

What were you doing on this fantastic day before the "Happy new Millennium" became the norm?

I was getting pumped up for the year 2000. :)

I was having sex. Started in one millennium, and ending in another, (yes, I'm aware of the technicality of 2001 being the start of the 2nd millennium, and I repeated this New Year's going into 2001).

Written By: SpyroKev on 04/22/17 at 9:59 pm

You seem to talk about the early 2000's more than the late 90's on this forum all the time. It's like do you remember significant events and what you did as a childhood throughout the late 90's?

I never claimed to. All I remember doing in the Late 90s was things suited for my age at the time.

Written By: Howard on 04/23/17 at 1:54 pm

I was having sex. Started in one millennium, and ending in another, (yes, I'm aware of the technicality of 2001 being the start of the 2nd millennium, and I repeated this New Year's going into 2001).

How was the sex if you don't mind me asking?

Written By: preston181 on 04/23/17 at 5:19 pm

How was the sex if you don't mind me asking?

The 1999 to 2000 sex was great. I was 18, just shy of being 19. Girl was same age and we were both very fit. We got a room and had the whole night together.

The 2000 to 2001 sex was just so-so. We were at a party and were too messed up to really enjoy it.

Written By: Stillinthe90s on 04/24/17 at 12:07 am

The 1999 to 2000 sex was great. I was 18, just shy of being 19. Girl was same age and we were both very fit. We got a room and had the whole night together.

The 2000 to 2001 sex was just so-so. We were at a party and were too messed up to really enjoy it.

So your sex mirrors the observation that 1999 was more exciting than 2000 (in this case, that 1999 into 2000 was better than 2000 into 2001)? The sex that started in 2000 was kind of a downer?

Written By: Howard on 04/24/17 at 5:02 am

Man, you young guys can get sex and I can't get anything.  >:(

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/26/17 at 1:14 am

Oh man. My younger brother literally pulled a once-in-a-millenium prank on me on December 31st, 1999.

I was living in a small duplex with my older brother Rob at the time, and my younger brother Chad was back home from college visiting for the holidays.  Rob mentioned something about meeting up with him at a party and Chad and I walked around looking for it but we forgot the address and since it was coming up on midnight, we went back to my duplex to ring the new year in.

As has been mentioned, there was this huge concern about the so-called Y2K bug and how all the computers were potentially going to shut down and all the commercial airliners were going to drop out of the sky and it was going to be the end of civilization as we know it. 

So Chad and I are back in the living room of my duplex, it's 11:59 and Dick Clark is counting it down. 5...4...3...2...1.

And then all the lights and the TV in my duplex suddenly go dark. Holy sh!t...Y2K. It's really happening!

Then, about 10 seconds later the lights and the TV come back on and Chad is standing next to the light switch that controls all the outlets in the living room, and he has this huge sh!t-eating grin.

I immediately threw a pillow at him, called him an asshole, and then burst into laughter.  ;D

Written By: SpyroKev on 04/26/17 at 9:39 am

Oh man. My younger brother literally pulled a once-in-a-millenium prank on me on December 31st, 1999.

I was living in a small duplex with my older brother Rob at the time, and my younger brother Chad was back home from college visiting for the holidays.  Rob mentioned something about meeting up with him at a party and Chad and I walked around looking for it but we forgot the address and since it was coming up on midnight, we went back to my duplex to ring the new year in.

As has been mentioned, there was this huge concern about the so-called Y2K bug and how all the computers were potentially going to shut down and all the commercial airliners were going to drop out of the sky and it was going to be the end of civilization as we know it. 

So Chad and I are back in the living room of my duplex, it's 11:59 and Dick Clark is counting it down. 5...4...3...2...1.

And then all the lights and the TV in my duplex suddenly go dark. Holy sh!t...Y2K. It's really happening!

Then, about 10 seconds later the lights and the TV come back on and Chad is standing next to the light switch that controls all the outlets in the living room, and he has this huge sh!t-eating grin.

I immediately threw a pillow at him, called him an asshole, and then burst into laughter.  ;D

That's amazing.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/28/17 at 12:41 pm

8)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Ripley on 04/28/17 at 5:03 pm

This was part of the Friends New Years Eve episode for 1999. The best part:

XYRue0GUIsg

😂

Written By: Slim95 on 04/29/17 at 3:23 pm

I went to a party at my family friend's house. Then we went to see fireworks.

Written By: YuYuYuuki on 05/02/17 at 8:51 pm

"By the powers of naughtiness, I command this particular drop of hot sauce to be really, really hot!"
I saw that when I was 3 when it premiered and I was shaken up.

Written By: Ripley on 05/03/17 at 2:50 am

;)

Written By: Ripley on 05/03/17 at 2:51 am

Well he would be 35/36 now  :P

Written By: Howard on 05/03/17 at 6:34 am

Well he would be 35/36 now  :P

and I'm 43.

Written By: Ripley on 05/03/17 at 12:30 pm

I'm 32! Well most men that are into me are like 20 lmao but people do think I'm 20 so... However, I will only get involved with guys that are in their 30's. With the exception of a few celebrities that are in their 40's rofl

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/03/17 at 6:10 pm

Now I'm pissed, too. I could of been having sex on new years but nooo! Instead, I had to spend it in the living room watching the countdown!! >:( >:( >:(

Written By: Howard on 05/04/17 at 5:11 am

Now I'm pissed, too. I could of been having sex on new years but nooo! Instead, I had to spend it in the living room watching the countdown!! >:( >:( >:(

There's always next year! ;)

Written By: Lizardmatum on 05/05/17 at 6:10 am

I was sleeping in my pram at a local church. I slept through it!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/05/17 at 7:24 pm

There's always next year! ;)

But it's not the same as doing it when it's a new millennium. :-[

Written By: Howard on 05/06/17 at 4:54 am

But it's not the same as doing it when it's a new millennium. :-[

Why are you worried about sex? It's not the end of the world. ::)

Written By: preston181 on 05/06/17 at 10:48 pm

Why are you worried about sex? It's not the end of the world. ::)

It was a once-in-a-lifetime thing. And, at the time, we truly didn't know what would happen. Turns out, if I remember correctly, some cell phones stopped working, some computers got the date wrong for billing systems, and some ATMs spat out money somewhere over in Japan.

I remember seeing people at the local stores stocking up on food and water, afraid that it was going to be utter chaos. I even had a friend, who's neighbors bought a motor home, and went off to some remote place, just in case the cities got bombed by the nuclear computers bugging out.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/07/17 at 1:49 am

It was a once-in-a-lifetime thing. And, at the time, we truly didn't know what would happen. Turns out, if I remember correctly, some cell phones stopped working, some computers got the date wrong for billing systems, and some ATMs spat out money somewhere over in Japan.

I remember seeing people at the local stores stocking up on food and water, afraid that it was going to be utter chaos. I even had a friend, who's neighbors bought a motor home, and went off to some remote place, just in case the cities got bombed by the nuclear computers bugging out.

Exactly. I could of entered the new millennium in style... :-\\

Written By: Ripley on 05/07/17 at 9:09 pm

Exactly. I could of entered the new millennium in style... :-\\

Entered  ;)

I was 14 at the time and I already had sex on the brain but no one to do it with.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/07/17 at 11:15 pm

Entered  ;)

I was 14 at the time and I already had sex on the brain but no one to do it with.

Lol, I missed that! ;D

But you see, look at all of us! The new millennium was actually a sad event because nobody entered it in style. :-\\ Even Howard is sad, regardless if he wants to admit it or not. >:(

Written By: 80sfan on 05/08/17 at 1:52 am

Sex is a sin. Repent, all of you!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-IQRsTfiNnLI/Vi1OkwPiDMI/AAAAAAAADKI/cu7bhfOKpXk/s1600/bible-thumper.jpg

Written By: 80sfan on 05/08/17 at 1:53 am

WWhhhoaaaaaaaaa!!! That's a lot of anger!  :o  :o  :o

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 05/08/17 at 2:31 am

The only thing I had on my mind on New Year's Eve 1999 was if I was being fed or not. :P

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/08/17 at 4:42 am

WWhhhoaaaaaaaaa!!! That's a lot of anger!  :o  :o  :o

It's my fault the 00's sucked so bad! If only I had spent new years 1999 properly... Then maybe I could of saved the 21st century! :-[

Written By: Howard on 05/08/17 at 5:13 am

Entered  ;)

I was in my 20's and had sex on the brain.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/08/17 at 10:05 am

I was in my late teens and had sex on the brain.

Don't be silly, you were in your 20's by 1999. ::)

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/08/17 at 10:56 am

I was 12 in 1999 and had just discovered that this cool new thing called the internet had free porn on it! ;D

The only thing I had on my mind on New Year's Eve 1999 was if I was being fed or not. :P

It's too bad that you weren't old enough to be terrified of losing electricity forever and having planes fall out of the sky because of the Y2K problem like the rest of us were. :(

Written By: Slim95 on 05/08/17 at 3:35 pm

I was a couple of days before turning 5 and I remember that day quite well but I was not freaked out about the world ending and neither was my family.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/08/17 at 4:45 pm

All I remember was teen pop!  ::)  ::)  8)

Written By: 2001 on 05/08/17 at 4:54 pm

All I remember was teen pop!  ::)  ::)  8)

What about the episodes of Pokémon I starred in?

Written By: Arrowstone on 05/08/17 at 4:54 pm

I don't actually remember, though I was almost 8. I remember the newspapers of the year, counting down the days, I remember my dad talking about Y2k "there will be floodings". I do remember January 1st 2000 though. As always visiting grandparents that day.

Written By: Howard on 05/08/17 at 4:58 pm

Don't be silly, you were in your 20's by 1999. ::)

Yes you are right by 1999 I had my first girlfriend.

Written By: Howard on 05/08/17 at 4:59 pm

I was 12 in 1999 and had just discovered that this cool new thing called the internet had free porn on it! ;D

It's too bad that you weren't old enough to be terrified of losing electricity forever and having planes fall out of the sky because of the Y2K problem like the rest of us were. :(

What was your first porn film you rented?

Written By: 80sfan on 05/08/17 at 5:00 pm

What about the episodes of Pokémon I starred in?

Oh yeah, that too. And Latin pop.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/08/17 at 5:01 pm

This thread is getting a little personal!  ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/08/17 at 5:22 pm

Too personal :-\\.

Written By: Arrowstone on 05/08/17 at 5:25 pm

This song!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_66jPJVS4JE

Written By: 2001 on 05/08/17 at 5:32 pm

;D ;D ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 05/08/17 at 5:34 pm

Too personal :-\\.

Yup!

Written By: Howard on 05/08/17 at 5:52 pm

I don't mind.

Written By: Ripley on 05/09/17 at 12:04 am

;D
I've always watched free porn. Well back in those days it was whatever came on "Skin"emax  ;D But I've never actually rented a porn movie or had a paid subscription just whatever free stuff I could find. But I do remember the first softcore one had a lady riding a horse naked.  :D

Written By: Ripley on 05/09/17 at 12:06 am

Sex is a sin. Repent, all of you!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-IQRsTfiNnLI/Vi1OkwPiDMI/AAAAAAAADKI/cu7bhfOKpXk/s1600/bible-thumper.jpg

:D No, I refuse! I won't disclose how many people I've slept with but I use to be a player (no really I was) so...

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/09/17 at 2:42 am

You guys are all hilarious! ;D :P

Written By: Ripley on 05/09/17 at 3:39 am

You guys are all hilarious! ;D :P

You too  :D

Written By: Howard on 05/09/17 at 5:02 am

;D
I've always watched free porn. Well back in those days it was whatever came on "Skin"emax  ;D But I've never actually rented a porn movie or had a paid subscription just whatever free stuff I could find. But I do remember the first softcore one had a lady riding a horse naked.  :D

These days you can watch free porn films on the internet without having to pay a dime and that's a good thing.

Written By: Ripley on 05/09/17 at 5:25 am

These days you can watch free porn films on the internet without having to pay a dime and that's a good thing.

Yeah  :P

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/09/17 at 1:58 pm

You too  :D

Thank you! ;)

Haha, you're something else Howard. :P

Written By: 2001 on 05/10/17 at 2:34 pm

It's genius.

Written By: Howard on 05/10/17 at 3:14 pm

It's genius.

sometimes you may have to download them to a hard drive in order to save it and watch it later.

Written By: 2001 on 05/10/17 at 3:20 pm

sometimes you may have to download them to a hard drive in order to save it and watch it later.

That's dangerous - they can have viruses. You have to consider whether the risk is worth it.  :-X

Written By: Ripley on 05/10/17 at 6:54 pm

I watch then delete my cookies and clean the hard drive. I do this every time I watch them to prevent viruses. Also, my mom won't look into if I'm on those sites cause I'm 32 lol but I don't want anything to pop up in the address bar. It would be awkward.

Pop up, get it 😂

Written By: 2001 on 05/10/17 at 7:08 pm

I watch then delete my cookies and clean the hard drive. I do this every time I watch them to prevent viruses. Also, my mom won't look into if I'm on those sites cause I'm 32 lol but I don't want anything to pop up in the address bar. It would be awkward.

Pop up, get it 😂

You can use private browsing, it removes all the cookies and history automatically when you close the browser. Chrome and Firefox both have the feature.

It can't prevent viruses, though. That's why I recommend Jesus and abstaining until marriage! 😇

Just kidding. 👿

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/10/17 at 8:24 pm

All this kinda stuff is banned in my house.

Written By: 2001 on 05/10/17 at 8:32 pm

So you're choosing your wife over your waifu?  :o

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/11/17 at 9:12 am

So you're choosing your wife over your waifu?  :o

No, I don't have a "waifiu". I'm not into those anime cartoons like some people on here. ::) I prefer real women.

Written By: robby76 on 05/11/17 at 11:14 am

I was 23 and had tickets to numerous club nights... all nighters etc. The before and after party was at a friend's rooftop apartment. Had a great time and still have the photos. This was in the UK.

Written By: Howard on 05/11/17 at 3:33 pm

Pop up, get it 😂

I can watch them on my PS3.

Written By: Howard on 05/11/17 at 3:33 pm

Why is that?

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/11/17 at 3:38 pm

Why is that?

My wife won't let me watch those kinds of videos. ::) If I did... Oh boy, I'd be in big trouble!!! :o

Written By: Howard on 05/11/17 at 4:15 pm

My wife won't let me watch those kinds of videos. ::) If I did... Oh boy, I'd be in big trouble!!! :o

watch them when she either goes out or goes to sleep.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/11/17 at 5:55 pm

watch them when she either goes out or goes to sleep.

I don't even watch this stuff in the first place! Howard, what are you encouraging!? ;D ;D ;D :P

Written By: 2001 on 05/11/17 at 5:58 pm

I can watch them on my PS3.

Why didn't I think of this! :o

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/11/17 at 5:59 pm

You guys are all corrupt! PS3's are for games! >:(

Written By: 2001 on 05/11/17 at 6:23 pm

l o l. Get with the times. It's for Netflix and PS Vue!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/11/17 at 6:31 pm

I have no clue what those things are but I hope for your sake those aren't porno-graphy sites. ::)

Written By: 2001 on 05/11/17 at 6:38 pm

I have no clue what those things are but I hope for your sake those aren't porno-graphy sites. ::)

I think senior citizen starts at 34.

Written By: Ripley on 05/11/17 at 11:58 pm

;D I think you know what Netflix is Jordan

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/12/17 at 6:59 am

But I'm 34! Still a young guy!

;D I think you know what Netflix is Jordan

Nope, no clue at all! :P

Written By: Howard on 05/12/17 at 7:53 am

I don't even watch this stuff in the first place! Howard, what are you encouraging!? ;D ;D ;D :P

Jesus, I'm not encouraging anything! ::)

Written By: Howard on 05/12/17 at 7:54 am

There's also an "internet search". ;)

Written By: Howard on 05/12/17 at 7:54 am

and Crackle too.

Written By: Howard on 05/12/17 at 7:55 am

They're both for watching films and television.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/12/17 at 8:29 am

Jesus, I'm not encouraging anything! ::)

Sure. ::)

There's also an "internet search". ;)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/7a/ea/9d/7aea9d54da5ba116e84a6d41fbe8c57d.jpg

They're both for watching films and television.

Yeah... "films and television" ::)

and Crackle too.

Crackle!? I... I...

http://www.relatably.com/m/img/disgusted-look-memes/0947f4527eb06ef5809d5a1dfa228488ccc13a43efed4d32a51159e71c09ac49.jpg

I don't even wanna know what that is...

Written By: Howard on 05/12/17 at 8:43 am

Sure. ::)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/7a/ea/9d/7aea9d54da5ba116e84a6d41fbe8c57d.jpg

Yeah... "films and television" ::)

Crackle!? I... I...

http://www.relatably.com/m/img/disgusted-look-memes/0947f4527eb06ef5809d5a1dfa228488ccc13a43efed4d32a51159e71c09ac49.jpg

I don't even wanna know what that is...

Crackle is also on The PS3 for watching films and television.

Written By: Ripley on 05/12/17 at 10:09 am

😂

Written By: violet_shy on 05/16/17 at 4:59 pm

Well...I was 19. I remember that night we had a get together with family. We took a good number of pictures! Also, I remember the music video of "Waiting for tonight" being played many times on MTV that evening lol.

And most of all my locks were still long and beautiful!(my hair was my world after God) I wore this hairstyle a lot during that time:
http://glosty.co/vbr/xdr/ht79/exv81awv/uploads/268/resized_Ywbzl6TDuyuQM7WRzVuycfVpCOeVkdaai3lMaB3XOTOkHgeO6DPEpoVWE93DZRVc.jpeg

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/18/17 at 3:49 pm

Crackle is also on The PS3 for watching films and television.

"Films and television" ::)

Written By: Howard on 05/19/17 at 3:30 pm

"Films and television" ::)

Yes, films and television. Do you need me to explain it more?  ::)

Written By: 2001 on 05/19/17 at 4:04 pm

Yes, films and television. Do you need me to explain it more?  ::)

Jordan has a dirty mind.

Written By: Howard on 05/19/17 at 4:07 pm

Jordan has a dirty mind.

I see that.  ::)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/19/17 at 5:15 pm

Jordan has a dirty mind.

Tell that to Howard! He's the one who brought up this smut! >:(

I see that.  ::)

>:(

Written By: Ripley on 05/19/17 at 10:18 pm

I have a dirty mind though 😎😜

Written By: Howard on 05/20/17 at 5:18 am

Tell that to Howard! He's the one who brought up this smut! >:(

>:(

Sorry Jordan let's get back to the original topic.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 05/20/17 at 8:37 am

For some reason, I remember December 31, 1998 and January 1, 1999 instead.

December 31, 1998 - Last day of the 1990s
January 1, 1999 - First day of the new millennium

This thread really belongs in The 2000s pop culture forum. The start of '99 was nothing like that of 1998 or 1997. 1999 was not the last year of the late '90s. '90s sitcoms were all off the air before 1999 rolled around.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/20/17 at 10:35 am

This thread really belongs in The 2000s pop culture forum. The start of '99 was nothing like that of 1998 or 1997. 1999 was not the last year of the late '90s. '90s sitcoms were all off the air before 1999 rolled around.

What in the world are you talking about? ???

Written By: Slim95 on 05/20/17 at 11:59 am

I agree culturally speaking. The 2000s have arrived in 1999. 1990s cuture was gone by then.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 05/20/17 at 6:30 pm

What in the world are you talking about? ???

Like Slim 95 was saying, 1990s culture (i.e. Married with Children, Murphy Brown, and Seinfeld) was gone by the time 1999 rolled around. So, 1999 was the first year of the 2000s.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/21/17 at 11:29 pm

Sorry Jordan let's get back to the original topic.

Try to put it off on the sidelines but I see through your lies. >:(

Written By: Howard on 05/22/17 at 4:55 am

Try to put it off on the sidelines but I see through your lies. >:(

What lies? I was trying to be nice cause I was the one who went off track and got us off topic.

Written By: 2001 on 05/22/17 at 11:25 am

I have a dirty mind though 😎😜

I'm a good, pure boy, and promise to always abstain until after dinner.

Written By: Rosequartz2000 on 02/07/18 at 3:37 pm

Nickellenium was what I watched for most of the afternoon. Sure, I remember that damn J-Lo video played every 5 minutes on MTV, but I have better memories of yelling "FUTURE!" around the house, especially when the new millenium finally came. I was one of the people who fretted over Y2K, there even was a Simpsons about it, so when 2000 hit I felt so dumb for thinking something like that'd actually happen. I recall kids would share their predictions of what 2000 would be like during commercial breaks while Nickellenium. Some bumpers are available online, and wow, a few of those kids were right!

Written By: Alexander1956 on 02/13/18 at 12:47 am

I'd gotten into a car accident on December 23rd, 1999 so when 2000 rolled around I was still in the hospital.  :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/13/18 at 1:29 am

I'd gotten into a car accident on December 23rd, 1999 so when 2000 rolled around I was still in the hospital.  :\'(
Not the happenings we wish to hear, I trust you did recover well.

Written By: Howard on 02/13/18 at 7:04 am

How are you feeling these days?

Written By: Alexander1956 on 02/13/18 at 9:55 pm

How are you feeling these days?

I've been great, especially since I finally quit smoking. How about you?

Written By: Alexander1956 on 02/13/18 at 10:01 pm

Not the happenings we wish to hear, I trust you did recover well.

It took some time but thankfully I did.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/14/18 at 8:04 am

It took some time but thankfully I did.
That is good to hear.

Written By: Howard on 02/14/18 at 2:17 pm

I've been great, especially since I finally quit smoking. How about you?

I'm pretty good, can't complain. :)

Written By: mjstudios97 on 02/17/18 at 1:36 am

I was just two years old, and looking at old photos from an old box, and from what my mother would tell me, I had ear plugs because the fireworks were going off loud in streets in celebration for Y2K. I also just became a big brother at this time, my little sister was just born a month before.

Written By: YuYuYuuki on 02/18/18 at 6:07 pm

Nickellenium was what I watched for most of the afternoon. Sure, I remember that damn J-Lo video played every 5 minutes on MTV, but I have better memories of yelling "FUTURE!" around the house, especially when the new millenium finally came. I was one of the people who fretted over Y2K, there even was a Simpsons about it, so when 2000 hit I felt so dumb for thinking something like that'd actually happen. I recall kids would share their predictions of what 2000 would be like during commercial breaks while Nickellenium. Some bumpers are available online, and wow, a few of those kids were right!

SB-129 was one of the greatest things to come out of New Years Eve 1999. It's still one of my favorite episodes to this day :P

Written By: Dundee on 02/24/18 at 8:49 am

I was a 2 year old toddler at the time and I vaguely remember it. I remember a lot of people in my family were getting super excited and then watched all the programs on tv that day ;D

Written By: YuYuYuuki on 05/05/18 at 1:41 pm

I was a 2 year old toddler at the time and I vaguely remember it. I remember a lot of people in my family were getting super excited and then watched all the programs on tv that day ;D

future... FUTURE... :D

Check for new replies or respond here...