inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When did you get a Playstation?

Written By: 90s Guy on 05/02/17 at 8:43 pm

I got mine for Christmas 1998. What about you?

Subject: Re: When did you get a Playstation?

Written By: 2001 on 05/02/17 at 8:57 pm

I didn't have a Playstation, but I got an N64 in 1998 and a Playstation 2 in 2004.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/03/17 at 12:33 am

Got it in March of 2001! Came with a Promotional Demo Disc with the Playstation Underground Magazine. I remember when I booted this baby up for the first time like it was yesterday

oAhvQoLpvsM

Damn the nostalgia 8)

Written By: Zelek3 on 05/03/17 at 12:42 am

Hey Zelda, what are the consoles you've owned over the years? Have you ever owned a retrospectively infamous console like the Philips CD-i or the Apple Pippin?

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/03/17 at 1:04 am

Hey Zelda, what are the consoles you've owned over the years? Have you ever owned a retrospectively infamous console like the Philips CD-i or the Apple Pippin?

Unfortunately no. The only (sorta) infamous console I've played was The Dreamcast.

Consoles I owned in chronological order:

GameBoy Color

PS1

GameBoy Advance

PS2

GameCube

DS Lite

Wii

PS3

Xbox 360

Wii U

PS4

Nintendo 3DS

Written By: Zelek3 on 05/03/17 at 1:12 am

So you never owned an N64? You used to call yourself "ocarinafan96"... and you never had the console with OOT on it? Blasphemy! ;D

Or, did you first play the game during the 2011 rerelease, and became a fan of it then? Were you "late to the party", so to speak?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/03/17 at 1:15 am

1998 or 1999.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 05/03/17 at 1:36 am

My Dad bought a Playstation sometime in 1996. The first games he bought for the console were FIFA 97, Die Hard, a pinball game and a few others. After my parents divorced in Late 2000, the Playstation console became mine and it was the first console I started playing. I'm honestly not sure when I started to play the Playstation, but I can remember playing it in 2002 and 2003.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/03/17 at 3:55 am

1998 or 1999.

Probably a birthday or Christmas present?

Written By: Stillinthe90s on 05/03/17 at 5:40 am

In 1997, for Final Fantasy 7

Written By: Howard on 05/03/17 at 6:33 am

I got a PlayStation in 2007.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/03/17 at 9:01 am

We got our PlayStation for Christmas in 1999 along with three games (Crash Warped, Spyro 2 and WWF Attitude). I had been badly wanting a PS1 ever since my cousin got one for Christmas in 1996, but had opted to get a Nintendo 64 first so I could play Super Mario 64. Some things are worth the wait, and the PS1 certainly was. 8)

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/03/17 at 1:52 pm

So you never owned an N64? You used to call yourself "ocarinafan96"... and you never had the console with OOT on it? Blasphemy! ;D

Or, did you first play the game during the 2011 rerelease, and became a fan of it then? Were you "late to the party", so to speak?

Played it religiously at friends & cousins relatives houses when I was a kid ;D

Plus one of the first games I ever played was Ocarina of Time when I was 4 so... ::)

Written By: Lizardmatum on 05/03/17 at 1:54 pm

PlayStation 1 in about 2004 and PlayStation 2 for Christmas 2006 the PlayStation 2 was actually probably the best gift I got as a child.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/03/17 at 2:52 pm

Played it religiously at friends & cousins relatives houses when I was a kid ;D

Plus one of the first games I ever played was Ocarina of Time when I was 4 so... ::)

That's actually not that out of the ordinary. As you can see by my avatar, Super Mario Bros. is one of my favorite games of all-time, but I didn't actually own an NES all the way until 1995, just a few months before Nintendo stopped selling them in stores. Up to that point, I played the NES at the house of my cousin (who's the same age as me) all the time.

Written By: Howard on 05/03/17 at 3:41 pm

That's actually not that out of the ordinary. As you can see by my avatar, Super Mario Bros. is one of my favorite games of all-time, but I didn't actually own an NES all the way until 1995, just a few months before Nintendo stopped selling them in stores. Up to that point, I played the NES at the house of my cousin (who's the same age as me) all the time.

Do you still have The NES? ???

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/03/17 at 3:52 pm

Yeah I've always noticed that you were a big Super Mario Bros. fan judging by your avatar! Yeah it was kind of similar with me, I still played my PS1 pretty regularly upto about 2004/5, right before I got my GameCube. Before that my main two consoles were the PS1 & PS2, after I got my GameCube it became PS2 & GCN.

BTW, since your a big Mario fan, what was your favorite Super Mario Game you've played? For me I have to say its a close tie between SMB3 & SMW

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/03/17 at 4:24 pm

Do you still have The NES? ???

Yes, I still have my NES, but sadly it doesn't work anymore. Now when I try to play it all I get is the green screen of death. :\'(

BTW, since your a big Mario fan, what was your favorite Super Mario Game you've played? For me I have to say its a close tie between SMB3 & SMW

Man, that's a really tough question!

I love every Mario game ever made, all the way from the first Mario Bros. in 1983 to the games on the Wii U. If I had to choose, I would probably go with the same two as you, Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World. Those are the two games I spent the most time playing during my childhood, and thus the two I have the most nostalgia for. SMB3 is the height of 8-bit platforming, and SMW is possibly the greatest platform game ever made, so it's hard to top those two.

Number three for me would probably be Super Mario 64. I know that in some ways that game hasn't aged well since the late '90s, but there probably will never be another gaming moment in my life that will ever match playing SM64 for the first time after having only played 2D games up to that point. It was like a revolution. 8)

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/03/17 at 5:16 pm

I love every Mario game ever made, all the way from the first Mario Bros. in 1983 to the games on the Wii U. If I had to choose, I would probably go with the same two as you, Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World. Those are the two games I spent the most time playing during my childhood, and thus the two I have the most nostalgia for. SMB3 is the height of 8-bit platforming, and SMW is possibly the greatest platform game ever made, so it's hard to top those two.

Number three for me would probably be Super Mario 64. I know that in some ways that game hasn't aged well since the late '90s, but there probably will never be another gaming moment in my life that will ever match playing SM64 for the first time after having only played 2D games up to that point. It was like a revolution. 8)

Yeah same here, both SMB3 & SMW alternate at times of being my 1st & 2nd favorite Mario games, it depends on my mood ;D. I first played SMW at my older cousins's house on his SNES when I was like 4 or 5, it was one of the first platformers I played! I also grew up with both of these games through their remakes on the GBA, Super Mario Advance 2 based on SMW and Super Mario Advance 4 based on SMB3 respectively.

Also, for my favorite 3-D Mario Game I have to go with Galaxy. Similar to how 64' was revolutionary to you in the late 90's was how Galaxy was for me in the late 00's. The motion controls, the beautiful graphics, and its epic soundtrack that sounded like it was ripped out of Universal Pictures film just made that game so bad ass  8)

Written By: Howard on 05/04/17 at 5:13 am

Yes, I still have my NES, but sadly it doesn't work anymore. Now when I try to play it all I get is the green screen of death. :\'(

You can always sell it for some cash, that's up to you.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/04/17 at 1:26 pm

Probably a birthday or Christmas present?

Actually I bought it myself.

I've been a huge car geek all my life and at the time I had a subscription to Car & Driver magazine, and there was an article about this revolutionary new automobile racing game called Gran Turismo for the new Sony PlayStation and in the article the writer raved about the game and said it was the most realistic yet affordable racing simulator he'd ever played.

That's the main reason I bought a PlayStation and indeed the author was right, I fell in love with Gran Turismo and have bought every successive new game in the series.

Written By: violet_shy on 05/18/17 at 11:56 am

Well...I didn't get a Playstation until 2004. I was going through an bedridden illness and my parents got me a Playstaion 2. First game I played on it was Angel of Darkness. Then some other games. It helped me to get better in some strange way lol.

Written By: Howard on 05/18/17 at 3:15 pm

I didn't get a Playstation 2 until 2006-2007, I've kept it for a few years until I traded it in for a Playstation 3 which I've kept ever since.

Written By: Rosequartz2000 on 01/06/18 at 8:14 pm

1996. Crash Bandicoot and some other game.

Written By: JBsptfn on 06/19/18 at 5:56 pm

In 1997. I wanted to play the most recent Tecmo Super Bowl game (that was a year old).

Written By: Howard on 06/20/18 at 6:49 am

My Playstation 3 I've had for about maybe 10 years.

Written By: yelimsexa on 06/20/18 at 8:06 am

Christmas of '96, with Destruction Derby, Bogey Dead 6, and Triple Play '97 the first games I got for the system. 

Written By: mwalker1996 on 06/20/18 at 11:24 pm

I got mines in 2003 on my 7th birthday, my Godmother bought for me and I got Scobby doo Cyberchase game for it. It was a fun little game. Me and my cousin would play it a lot.

Written By: whistledog on 06/22/18 at 1:32 am

I didn't get a PS One until just this year.  After the Sega Genesis, I gave up gaming because every time I considered getting the next new console, it was already obsolete and a new one was out.  When Blu-Ray became a thing, I picked up a PS3 when the Slim version was released merely because it was the best solution to play Blu-ray discs, and from there, I got back into video games.

The PS3 can play PS One games, which is not news, but I told myself I would only ever get a PS One if it was the mini and it came with the LCD Screen you could attach to it.  I found one super cheap at a thrift store and was like "Yes please!"

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 06/22/18 at 8:11 am

I got mines in 2003 on my 7th birthday, my Godmother bought for me and I got Scobby doo Cyberchase game for it. It was a fun little game. Me and my cousin would play it a lot.

I had that game too bruh :D. It was pretty fun, but also a bit creepy, to say the least.

z19JxOaJOj4

I loved this game and the movie it was based when I was a kid (mainly via Cartoon Theater back in the day).

Written By: SpyroKev on 06/22/18 at 10:02 am

Literally in 1998. Spyro and Crash were the only games I ended up having, phenomena at its best.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 09/15/18 at 10:25 am

Interesting video I stumbled upon yesterday:

pmHRZ847vGs

This is so damn nostalgic 8).

Written By: Dundee on 09/15/18 at 2:44 pm

Always had one at home for the longest I can remember, played mostly the PS2 tho ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/15/18 at 3:44 pm

I got The PS2 from a friend in 2006 or 2007 and I wound up getting a PS3 in 2008.

Written By: Dude111 on 09/15/18 at 4:58 pm

I got mine for Christmas 1998. What about you?

I dont have one and dont care for one :)

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 09/15/18 at 5:10 pm

Always had one at home for the longest I can remember, played mostly the PS2 tho ;D

The Playstation 2 was still dope though 8).

Let me guess.... you were team N64 back then ::) We got an Imposter!!!

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 09/15/18 at 5:11 pm

h9YrEHKeJAU

Iconic Playstation 1 Ads

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 09/15/18 at 6:36 pm

j-eVnP-Om3s

Written By: Dude111 on 09/15/18 at 7:47 pm

Let me guess.... you were team N64 back then ::)

No buddy I like Atari 2600,Colecovision and Nintendo (1 game on it (Super Mario Brothers (1985)))

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 09/15/18 at 11:57 pm

No buddy I like Atari 2600,Colecovision and Nintendo (1 game on it (Super Mario Brothers (1985)))

I see, so you were old school. My bad brotha ;D. How was it like growing up with the Atari? It always seemed weird to compare, but I'd be guessing that the Atari was sort of the Playstation fo your time? In the case of popularity of course.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 09/16/18 at 12:06 am

Dude111, I think you'd find this video as pretty interesting:

smnK9Udziwc

This guy also grew up with the Atari & he notices the weird ambiance that both the Ataria & PS1/PS2 share.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 09/16/18 at 1:03 am

in 2003 on my 7th birthday, I got Scobey doo and the cyberchase.

Written By: Dude111 on 09/16/18 at 6:21 am

I see, so you were old school. My bad brotha ;D. How was it like growing up with the Atari?

I love it buddy!!!

I just got another cord to plug in my console and I play often :) (I have a coleco also but the joysticks are hard to use so I dont play it much)

Written By: mwalker1996 on 09/16/18 at 12:12 pm

Literally in 1998. Spyro and Crash were the only games I ended up having, phenomena at its best.
Nice, that's where your name Spyro kev came from.

Written By: Howard on 09/16/18 at 2:13 pm

But what if you were convinced?

Written By: Howard on 09/16/18 at 2:14 pm

The Playstation 2 was still dope though 8).

Let me guess.... you were team N64 back then ::) We got an Imposter!!!

To me, it was a bit skinny.

Written By: Howard on 09/16/18 at 2:15 pm

What game have you played recently on your Atari?

Written By: Howard on 09/16/18 at 2:16 pm

I love it buddy!!!

I just got another cord to plug in my console and I play often :) (I have a coleco also but the joysticks are hard to use so I dont play it much)

Do you get those blisters?

Written By: Dude111 on 09/18/18 at 5:15 pm

Sometimes it hurts my hands!! (Especially these new plastic crap ones!!! (The original atari sticks were rubber))

Written By: Howard on 09/19/18 at 7:06 am

Sometimes it hurts my hands!! (Especially these new plastic crap ones!!! (The original atari sticks were rubber))

and you had to keep your thumb in the same position almost all the time.

Written By: Dude111 on 09/20/18 at 12:06 am

Ahhhhh you know of these thing howard!

Written By: Howard on 09/20/18 at 7:14 am

Ahhhhh you know of these thing howard!

I would know, I wound up with many blisters on my thumb many times! :o :(

Written By: wsmith4 on 09/20/18 at 8:15 am

Got mine back in 91.  Prototype dealy.  Lots of bugs.  Played "Canine Warfare" a lot.  Ridge Racer was black and white back then.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 09/20/18 at 11:18 am

So you actually played this?  ;D

https://o.aolcdn.com/images/dims?quality=100&image_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fdims-shared%2Fdims3%2FGLOB%2Fcrop%2F1400x750%2B0%2B0%2Fresize%2F1600x857%21%2Fformat%2Fjpg%2Fquality%2F85%2Fhttp%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fhss%2Fstorage%2Fmidas%2Fea90d5ef7b0b3ed261d2601e7a4c0b4a%2F204115964%2Fnintendo-playstation-hmv.jpg&client=amp-blogside-v2&signature=a990e8803753cc5319a963592b04ab81aed12a24

Written By: wsmith4 on 09/20/18 at 1:28 pm

So you actually played this?  ;D

https://o.aolcdn.com/images/dims?quality=100&image_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fdims-shared%2Fdims3%2FGLOB%2Fcrop%2F1400x750%2B0%2B0%2Fresize%2F1600x857%21%2Fformat%2Fjpg%2Fquality%2F85%2Fhttp%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fhss%2Fstorage%2Fmidas%2Fea90d5ef7b0b3ed261d2601e7a4c0b4a%2F204115964%2Fnintendo-playstation-hmv.jpg&client=amp-blogside-v2&signature=a990e8803753cc5319a963592b04ab81aed12a24

YES!! Tha'ts it!

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 10/08/18 at 10:27 pm

Theres now substantive talks about a potential Playstation 5:

hBJWbvACLMs

Its crazy how I started gaming with the PSOne back in the early 2000s. 20 years later, and now the PS5 is upon us. Apparently, the next generation consoles are poised to finally cross into the 'Uncanny Valley' in visual fidelity & realism :o.

Meanwhile, 17 years ago I was playing games with graphical capabilities like this:

MsyT-a_WhUM

Shows you how far we've come within the last 20 years ;D.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 10/11/18 at 9:34 pm

Theres now substantive talks about a potential Playstation 5:

hBJWbvACLMs

Its crazy how I started gaming with the PSOne back in the early 2000s. 20 years later, and now the PS5 is upon us. Apparently, the next generation consoles are poised to finally cross into the 'Uncanny Valley' in visual fidelity & realism :o.

Meanwhile, 17 years ago I was playing games with graphical capabilities like this:

MsyT-a_WhUM

Shows you how far we've come within the last 20 years ;D.
Ikr us 96 babies are turly Y/Z cusers in that we saw gamming go from memorycards to hardrives from local multiplayer yo online gamming all whIle we were in our formative years.

Written By: John Titor on 10/11/18 at 11:25 pm

I got a ps1 when ff 7 came out

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 10/12/18 at 8:55 am

Ikr us 96 babies are turly Y/Z cusers in that we saw gamming go from memorycards to hardrives from local multiplayer yo online gamming all whIle we were in our formative years.

True dat. Us mid 90s babies saw pretty rapid technological changes within our short 22-24 years of life on this earth, especially within the realm of gaming.

We went from this being one of the most popular shooting games of its day back in the mid 1990s:

http://www.oldpcgaming.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Snap244_1.jpg

To this being the most popular shooter nowadays in the late 2010s:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/_TxsZiK8hVc/maxresdefault.jpg

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 10/12/18 at 8:57 am

I got a ps1 when ff 7 came out

I LOVE THAT GAME 8)

t9pF9BJQBLo

Do you remember this iconic commercial by any chance?

Written By: John Titor on 10/12/18 at 12:12 pm

I LOVE THAT GAME 8)

t9pF9BJQBLo

Do you remember this iconic commercial by any chance?

of course I do they played it every 5 seconds in the fall of 97

Written By: John Titor on 10/16/18 at 4:11 pm

In 1997, for Final Fantasy 7

Written By: 90s Bastard on 10/21/18 at 3:18 pm

2000 for Chrono Cross.

I never bought a PS2 because of all the other PS1 RPGs: Persona 2 Eternal Punishment, Vagrant Story, Star Ocean the Second Story, etc.

Written By: 2001 on 10/22/18 at 5:18 am

2000 for Chrono Cross.

I never bought a PS2 because of all the other PS1 RPGs: Persona 2 Eternal Punishment, Vagrant Story, Star Ocean the Second Story, etc.

Omg, I'm in love with you...r video game taste :-X

But how come you didn't buy a PS2 when it also has so many good RPGs?  ???

Written By: KatanaChick on 10/27/18 at 4:50 pm

Never had the original PS. Got a PS2 in 2004 from someone selling theirs. I loved it!

Written By: piecesof93 on 10/27/18 at 6:08 pm

My brother got it for FF7 so whenever that was

Written By: John Titor on 10/27/18 at 6:18 pm

I have ps1  mini pre ordered, this is what it looks like in real life according to twitter

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqdyRBSWkAUOGoo.jpg:large

Written By: John Titor on 10/27/18 at 6:18 pm

My brother got it for FF7 so whenever that was

Yupp thats when I got it lol

Written By: piecesof93 on 10/27/18 at 6:24 pm

Yupp thats when I got it lol

He's around your age too. That game was extremely popular at the time.

Written By: John Titor on 10/27/18 at 6:27 pm

He's around your age too. That game was extremely popular at the time.

I have never seen a video game roll out like FF 7 did it, it was on billboards, Pepsi cans, Cinema trailers, Buses, trains, taxis,
you can ask him. It was unreal.

Written By: charasmaticleague1997@gma on 10/27/18 at 9:50 pm

I loved my PlayStation but for some reason played Nintendo 64 a little more I guess it was a little more fun for me,but my some of my favorite ps1 games are final fantasy and metal gear solid I loved playing the Madden games on their as well but my list of favorite ps1 games are

Metal gear solid
Silent hill
Sports games
Tony hawk
Final fantasy
Crash bandicoot
GTA 2

I remember being the most games I played in my ps1

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 10/27/18 at 10:26 pm

I used to go over to my friend’s house and watch him play Metal Gear Solid on his PlayStation all of the time in early 1999. This during the time when the music video for “My Name Is” by Eminem was on MTV. We watched that when he was giving his eyes a rest. In a few months afterward, Spongebob premiered on Nickelodeon.

I don’t think there will ever be a time as exciting in this century as the start of the Y2K era ever again. :\'(

Written By: Howard on 10/28/18 at 2:14 pm

Never had the original PS. Got a PS2 in 2004 from someone selling theirs. I loved it!

I still have my PS3.

Written By: charasmaticleague1997@gma on 10/28/18 at 2:38 pm

I used to go over to my friend’s house and watch him play Metal Gear Solid on his PlayStation all of the time in early 1999. This during the time when the music video for “My Name Is” by Eminem was on MTV. We watched that when he was giving his eyes a rest. In a few months afterward, Spongebob premiered on Nickelodeon.

I don’t think there will ever be a time as exciting in this century as the start of the Y2K era ever again. :\'(
Definentley I agree!

Written By: charasmaticleague1997@gma on 10/28/18 at 2:39 pm

I still have my PS3.
I still have my ,ps2,ps1,PS3 and n64

Written By: Howard on 10/28/18 at 2:42 pm

I still have my ,ps2,ps1,PS3 and n64

Are they still playable?

Written By: charasmaticleague1997@gma on 10/28/18 at 2:54 pm

Are they still playable?
definentley but I  haven't played my ps1 since like 2012.

Written By: Howard on 10/29/18 at 7:16 am

definentley but I  haven't played my ps1 since like 2012.

What about your PS3?

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/29/18 at 12:22 pm

My first Playstayshun came with Mario Bros 3.

Written By: 90s Bastard on 10/29/18 at 5:41 pm

Omg, I'm in love with you...r video game taste :-X

But how come you didn't buy a PS2 when it also has so many good RPGs?  ???

Likewise!

I was too busy emulating RPGs unreleased outside Japan like Seiken Densetsu 3 and Terranigma; like, I even played Persona 2: Innocent Sin via an unofficial translation some three years before it came out on PSP.

I did buy a 3DS just for Soul Hackers.

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 10/31/18 at 11:51 pm

I believe it was Spring 1997.

Written By: Bloogbae on 11/30/18 at 7:02 pm

Christmas 2002 :D

Written By: Brian06 on 11/30/18 at 7:03 pm

Christmas 1996. I had one of the early ones that didn’t even have the dual shock analog sticks.

Written By: John Titor on 11/30/18 at 9:07 pm

Christmas 1996. I had one of the early ones that didn’t even have the dual shock analog sticks.

you prob had that tie dye demo disc, I had the same one, got it in 97

Written By: Brian06 on 11/30/18 at 9:34 pm

you prob had that tie dye demo disc, I had the same one, got it in 97

Wow yes I did dang that takes me back now.

Written By: Lizardmatum on 12/21/18 at 4:58 pm

Still have my PS1 somewhere in the attic I think! My favorite game was always Crash Team Racing!

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 01/02/19 at 8:53 pm

The Playstation Classic BOMBED ;D

q335DeqyzZM

Written By: Zelek3 on 01/02/19 at 10:44 pm

q335DeqyzZM

Welp, Nintendo won again.

Written By: Howard on 01/03/19 at 5:18 am

q335DeqyzZM

How did it bomb? Was it that bad?

Written By: piecesof93 on 01/03/19 at 9:04 am

No, he just means someone put an explosive in it.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 01/03/19 at 9:40 pm

It was the way the console was marketed. It was overpriced, didn't have a good amount of quality games, & (weirdly enough) the console didn't include a power adapter, among other glaring issues.

Written By: John Titor on 01/05/19 at 1:25 pm

It was the way the console was marketed. It was overpriced, didn't have a good amount of quality games, & (weirdly enough) the console didn't include a power adapter, among other glaring issues.

I thought sony brand was dead in 2007, SPiderman 3 flopped as well lol

They rebounded in 2009 hard tho

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 01/05/19 at 3:05 pm

I thought sony brand was dead in 2007, SPiderman 3 flopped as well lol

They rebounded in 2009 hard tho

Yeah the late 2000s was a dark age for Sony. After dominating the electronics market for nearly 20 years by that point, they really dropped the ball with the initial launch of the PS3. Not to mention the critically panned Spiderman 3, which put Sony Pictures in a tight spot. Their electronics market was also starting to get overshadowed by Samsung by this point, and their once killer products were declining in sales due to the launch of the iPhone (Walkman, cameras, camcorders, stereos, etc.). They have since rebounded (sort of) in the 2010s, but that was after they had to massively downsize their company. In all honesty, the only sure things Sony are bound to make money from is their PlayStation brand, which has dominated this decade, and Sony Pictures, which also massively rebounded from their Late 2000s slump.

Written By: John Titor on 01/05/19 at 3:27 pm

Yeah the late 2000s was a dark age for Sony. After dominating the electronics market for nearly 20 years by that point, they really dropped the ball with the initial launch of the PS3. Not to mention the critically panned Spiderman 3, which put Sony Pictures in a tight spot. Their electronics market was also starting to get overshadowed by Samsung by this point, and their once killer products were declining in sales due to the launch of the iPhone (Walkman, cameras, camcorders, stereos, etc.). They have since rebounded (sort of) in the 2010s, but that was after they had to massively downsize their company. In all honesty, the only sure things Sony are bound to make money from is their PlayStation brand, which has dominated this decade, and Sony Pictures, which also massively rebounded from their Late 2000s slump.

and tvs, thats about it

Check for new replies or respond here...