inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who else slayed the Spice Girls choreography?

Written By: YuYuYuuki on 05/02/17 at 9:01 pm

I was more of a 2000s kid, but I remember learning the dance for "Stop" via PBS's Zoom. IIRC, the official video featured a few modifications, but I always did it the way the girls on Zoom did. I taught it to my friends and we'd always do it everytime we heard the song. I think I also remember the dance moves for "Who Do You Think You Are" and "Spice Up Your Life".

Subject: Re: Who else slayed the Spice Girls choreography?

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/03/17 at 12:35 am

I remember when the Spice Girls were (sorta) relevant back in 1999/2000. Remember hearing some of their most popular songs like 'Wannabe' and 'Stop' back then!

Written By: Ripley on 05/03/17 at 2:45 am

Me! Lol

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/03/17 at 2:47 am

Me! Lol
Exactly as I was thinking, about everyone?

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/03/17 at 9:04 am

I remember when the Spice Girls were (sorta) relevant back in 1999/2000. Remember hearing some of their most popular songs like 'Wannabe' and 'Stop' back then!

As somebody that was in school when the Spice Girls were at the peak of their popularity in 1997, I really grew to hate them. Hearing 4th and 5th grade girls singing "Wannabe" at the top of their lungs at recess every day got really old after a while. 8-P

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/03/17 at 3:55 pm

As somebody that was in school when the Spice Girls were at the peak of their popularity in 1997, I really grew to hate them. Hearing 4th and 5th grade girls singing "Wannabe" at the top of their lungs at recess every day got really old after a while. 8-P

I could only imagine ;D

The thing is, because I was so young at the time I actually liked a lot of the cheesy late 90's/early 00's teen pop. If you were to ask most early-mid 90's babies be it their girls, guys (regardless of sexual orientation) 95% would say they loved the BSB/N'SYCN Era. I've heard stories from 80's babies, how guys who admitted to liking them were considered gay & sh!t like that >:(

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/03/17 at 4:14 pm

I could only imagine ;D

The thing is, because I was so young at the time I actually liked a lot of the cheesy late 90's/early 00's teen pop. If you were to ask most early-mid 90's babies be it their girls, guys (regardless of sexual orientation) 95% would say they loved the BSB/N'SYCN Era. I've heard stories from 80's babies, how guys who admitted to liking them were considered gay & sh!t like that >:(

Oh, absolutely. When I was in middle school, you did NOT want to be a guy and admit that you liked Teen Pop. That would be a one way ticket to getting shoved into a locker, or possibly even worse. In middle school guys were expected to like either Nu Metal or Hip-Hop. Anything else was "totally gay". >:(

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/03/17 at 5:56 pm

Oh, absolutely. When I was in middle school, you did NOT want to be a guy and admit that you liked Teen Pop. That would be a one way ticket to getting shoved into a locker, or possibly even worse. In middle school guys were expected to like either Nu Metal or Hip-Hop. Anything else was "totally gay". >:(

Yeah I see what you mean! It was pretty similar during the late 00's/early 10's with artists like The Jonas Brothers and Justin Bieber. If you admitted to liking them you'd be made fun of.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/03/17 at 6:08 pm

Funny because nu metal is just as much of a sissy thing as the boybands. Yeah, Fred Durst, real tough. ::)

Written By: Rosequartz2000 on 01/06/18 at 8:15 pm

Me!!!!! I still know the dances for all the songs. I remember seeing that ZOOM episode when I was 10 and freaking out and dancing along...

Check for new replies or respond here...