inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Underrated 90s films

Written By: HeyJealousy on 06/29/17 at 11:47 pm

FALLEN
AFFLICTION
BRINGING OUT THE DEAD
THE NATURE OF THE BEAST
RED ROCK WEST
SLING BLADE
THE INDIAN RUNNER
BAD LIEUTENANT
A SIMPLE PLAN

Haven't heard of most of them? I don't blame you. But every one of those films, except "The Indian Runner", are vaguely 90s in almost every possible way and are driven by sharp dialogue, strong performances and top-notch plotline.

Subject: Re: Underrated 90s films

Written By: Stillinthe90s on 06/29/17 at 11:53 pm

I remember Sling Blade being pretty popular in the late 90s, though it isn't much remembered now. Doing the Sling Blade voice was funny among my high school classmates, though it's also a very good movie.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 06/29/17 at 11:54 pm

I remember Sling Blade being pretty popular in the late 90s, though it isn't much remembered now. Doing the Sling Blade voice was funny among my high school classmates, though it's also a very good movie.

"I reckon I'll have me some french fried potaters, mm hmm"

Written By: Stillinthe90s on 06/29/17 at 11:59 pm

"I reckon I'll have me some french fried potaters, mm hmm"

People would say that, straight out of this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pz2kXoDo_s

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/30/17 at 12:28 am

I have seen "A Simple Plan", but simply putting it, reading the book gripped me more.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 06/30/17 at 1:02 am

I have seen "A Simple Plan", but simply putting it, reading the book gripped me more.

I found that the film was very well-done and well-produced but I haven't read the book so I can't judge on your standards. Have you seen the other films? They're all worth a go, if dark and gritty has any appeal to you whatsoever. Even if not, just for the performances and thrills...

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/30/17 at 1:05 am

I found that the film was very well-done and well-produced but I haven't read the book so I can't judge on your standards. Have you seen the other films? They're all worth a go, if dark and gritty has any appeal to you whatsoever. Even if not, just for the performances and thrills...
"A Simple Plan" is the only film I have seen on that list. When I start watching movies again, no doubt, I will catch up on them.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/26/17 at 10:33 am

I think The Sandlot is really underrated. It was one of my favourite movies when I was a kid. Unfortunately, you don't hear of it being mentioned much. :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/26/17 at 12:37 pm

I have seen "The Simple Plan", and I was disappointed with it, for I had read the book first and love it, the film did not live up to my expectations, for the surprise element had gone, and I knew what was coming next.

Check for new replies or respond here...