inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Girl bands/Groups of the 1990s

Written By: violet_shy on 12/28/17 at 1:31 pm

This was hard because I liked them all!. But...I choose Wild Orchid.

Subject: Re: Girl bands/Groups of the 1990s

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/28/17 at 1:51 pm

Not listed:

Enya

Written By: whistledog on 12/28/17 at 4:14 pm

Other than Destiny's Child and En Vogue, I wasn't too familiar with those other groups.  I liked 'Free your mind' by En Vogue

My favourite girl group of the 90s were called West End Girls.  They were a Canadian trio from Vancouver.  They had a few hits here in the 90s including a fantastic cover of The Jackson 5's ' I want you back'

zYmJBmMTNik

The blonde member of the group is the daughter of Bill Henderson, the lead singer for the legendary band Chilliwack

Written By: Howard on 12/29/17 at 7:34 am

SWV, Destiny's Child and En Vogue

Written By: #Infinity on 12/29/17 at 6:10 pm

I don't know how you can make a poll of 90s girl groups and not include the Spice Girls or TLC. Actually, I'd probably put All Saints and Eternal above any of the choices here, aside maybe from the underrated Wild Orchid.

Written By: nally on 12/29/17 at 6:56 pm

I liked a number of them... surprised TLC isn't listed in here.

Written By: violet_shy on 12/29/17 at 7:00 pm

Sorry everyone!  ;D

Written By: Elor on 12/30/17 at 11:12 am

I don't know how you can make a poll of 90s girl groups and not include the Spice Girls...
They're European so they don't count (in the US).  ;) :D ;D

Written By: #Infinity on 12/30/17 at 1:44 pm

Lol, they were still more popular in the United States during the 90s than any of these other choices. The only girl group possibly more popular in America that decade was TLC, who were American but still curiously absent here. Destiny's Child reached the height of their popularity more in the early 2000s, though "No, No, No" and "Bills, Bills, Bills" were both big hits in the late 90s.

Written By: Howard on 12/30/17 at 2:17 pm

But they were a girl group.

Written By: Rosequartz2000 on 01/06/18 at 6:27 pm

Come on! Where are the Spice Girls? I was OBSESSED with them back in the late 90s. Knew all the songs, had the albums, had the dolls, had the posters, had the movie on VHS and saw it in theaters on opening day. Whatever. I voted for En Vogue, the girl group I was a fan of BEFORE Spicemania came about. Also loved TLC. RIP Lisa, she was my favorite...

Check for new replies or respond here...