inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 90s hairstyles?

Written By: 90s Guy on 01/21/18 at 3:56 pm

What do you guys remember as popular hairstyles for men, women, and children that were popular in the 90s but would look very out of date today?

Subject: Re: 90s hairstyles?

Written By: violet_shy on 01/21/18 at 4:46 pm

I feel all of the hairstyles from the 90s look dated. Even if they tried bringing them back today they wouldn't look the same.

I had very long locks in the 90s. I wore my hair in ponytails but early in the 90s I wore it with the side bangs and big ponytail holders. Many girls did. Most of the time I would part my hair horizontally and wear a ponytail on the top of my head and the other half of my hair down. Again with the big ponytail holders. Then later when my hair was shorter I would wear my hair like Baby Spice from the Spice girls. Lol. 

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/21/18 at 8:27 pm

I feel all of the hairstyles from the 90s look dated. Even if they tried bringing them back today they wouldn't look the same.

I had very long locks in the 90s. I wore my hair in ponytails but early in the 90s I wore it with the side bangs and big ponytail holders. Many girls did. Most of the time I would part my hair horizontally and wear a ponytail on the top of my head and the other half of my hair down. Again with the big ponytail holders. Then later when my hair was shorter I would wear my hair like Baby Spice from the Spice girls. Lol.

Mine was all the way down my back and if I put it up it was held with one of those metal bun holders, you know what I'm talking about? Also I recall the elastic bands that had plastic balls on the ends.

Written By: 90s Guy on 01/22/18 at 2:34 am

Hmm, which in particular would you say?

I miss seeing French braids on girls. That seems to have been a big mid 90s thing, for kids at least.

I had probably the most dated kids' haircut of all time in 1994:
https://ibb.co/d3Lw3b
I had that damn bowl cut, or some variant of it, in 1993-1995.

Written By: robby76 on 01/22/18 at 3:36 am

From 1990 to 1999, I had centre parting curtains.  ;D

https://gl-images.condecdn.net/image/kjdQpx1Owja/crop/200/square

Written By: Howard on 01/22/18 at 5:23 am

What do you guys remember as popular hairstyles for men, women, and children that were popular in the 90s but would look very out of date today?

I remember early 90's I had a rat tail, that was sort of a style that kids wore in the back of their head where the hair would grow down their neck.

Written By: Mat1991 on 01/22/18 at 3:28 pm

When I was a kid in the late '90s, I was particularly fond of the "bowl" cut. I got my hair cut that way all the time.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 01/22/18 at 8:26 pm

https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/F_gUAacTd2MEC6xiGRaMonckTbg/fit-in/2048xorig/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-/2014/08/19/096/n/1922398/63f41f6357f9ca1a_thumb_temp_image10906271408497403/i/Teen-Crush-Saved-Bell-Zack-Morris-Video.jpg

Undercuts

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/a7/dc/f9/a7dcf912b7850edc4c884eb566985954.jpg

Hi Top Fades

Written By: AmericanGirl on 01/22/18 at 9:25 pm

The 90's was the first decade where the "all bald" look became popular for men.  (Hardly anyone shaved their head before the 90's.)  Thanks in part to this guy:

https://naqyr37xcg93tizq734pqsx1-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/75-Motivational-Michael-Jordan-Quotes.jpg

8)

Written By: 90s Guy on 01/22/18 at 9:36 pm

Bald is a horrible look unless you have a large head and strong features. Makes me think of cancer patients otherwise.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 01/22/18 at 11:32 pm

Bald is a horrible look unless you have a large head and strong features. Makes me think of cancer patients otherwise.

Well, I've never been completely thrilled with the look (for fashion) but have learned to accept it...

Some guys do pull it off extremely well  ;)

Written By: Rosequartz2000 on 02/04/18 at 12:50 pm

I had short curly hair, down to my shoulders. My best friend Eliza had a bowl cut and medium length hair, I do remember she would wear it like Baby Spice (Emma Bunton) while I would try... and fail... to wear mine like Scary Spice (Mel B.)

Check for new replies or respond here...