inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How big was Batman forever in 1995?

Written By: 90s Guy on 02/02/18 at 6:00 pm

I'm just wondering: How big was Batman Forever back in 1995?

It's generally looked on as a lesser Batman film (though not as bad as Batman & Robin) but what about at the time? I know as a kid of five I had a poster of it on my wall that my parents got me and I probably had toys from it as well, and I remember hearing "Kiss From a Rose" at family functions in 1995 and 1996.

But what do you guys remember? Was it a big film in the way say that the 1989 Batman was?

Subject: Re: How big was Batman forever in 1995?

Written By: yelimsexa on 02/04/18 at 8:43 am

It was decently popular on the level of a Ghostbusters II with a fair amount of media coverage on its release and remember when the Today show on NBC had an inflatable Batman balloon when it came out on video around Halloween. Batman: The Animated Series was still popular on the air as well.

Written By: Rosequartz2000 on 02/04/18 at 12:47 pm

Yeah, it was pretty big. I used to hear Kiss from a Rose a lot, too; I had some toys and I also bought the R-Zone game. (SHUDDERS)

Written By: BornIn86 on 02/14/18 at 3:58 pm

I often forget how into Batman the 90s were.

Check for new replies or respond here...