inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Holy nostalgia Batman

Written By: 90s Guy on 03/31/18 at 2:48 pm

So, okay,

My mom used to tape TV shows and movies off of TV on VHS like, all the time in the 90s. I don't know how she timed it without DVR, but still. Most of these are lost but we managed to find a little over two dozen of the tapes. So I pop one in labelled "Disney Channel Movies" in her handwriting.

I've got so far, a bit of Ducktales, then a commercial for the Disney Channel, and they mention "Toonin' Tuesdays" and like, I look that up and Toonin' Tuesdays was only a block between 1993 and 1996. So then I watch a little on and there is a "preview" for Homeward Bound II, and it says "In theaters this month" and, well, Homeward Bound II was released March 9th 1996. So I'm basically travelling back in time, watching a tape that was taped off TV - in a house I no longer live in, on TVs long since discarded - 22 years ago. And it looks brand new, no jumping. It even talks about how Robin Hood will be shown on the channel on "Wednesday." As if Wednesday, March (?) 1996 is ahead of us still.

Holy crap. It was like traveling back in time. :'(

Subject: Re: Holy nostalgia Batman

Written By: 2001 on 04/01/18 at 2:28 am

Upload em! :D

Also you need to make the thread title more descriptive - I thought this thread was going to be about Batman, the awful 1997 movie. ;D

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 04/01/18 at 2:33 am

Upload em! :D

Also you need to make the thread title more descriptive - I thought this thread was going to be about Batman, the awful 1997 movie. ;D

That movie is so bad, it's actually funny to watch.

Written By: 2001 on 04/01/18 at 2:37 am

I watched it when I was 4 so obviously I loved it lmao

But then I watched it again a couple of years ago and I was like WTF ;D

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 04/01/18 at 2:48 am

I watched it when I was 4 so obviously I loved it lmao

But then I watched it again a couple of years ago and I was like WTF ;D

;D Yeah, I first saw it when I was around 8, but I enjoyed it as well. Saw it again only a year or two after and somehow my opinion changed massively on it, my brother and I were just making fun of it the entire time we were watching it. :P

Written By: Balty Raven on 04/01/18 at 12:14 pm

*insert bat credit card reference*

Aside from that, I sometimes wish of watching Batman and Robin since it tends to be one of the worst Batman movies to a lot of people.

Subject: Holy nostalgia Batman

Written By: Dude111 on 04/02/18 at 1:33 am

Holy crap. It was like traveling back in time. :'(

Yes VHS is gorgeous..... Im glad ya have some buddy :)

Written By: naf140230 on 04/04/18 at 5:03 pm

That was Batman and Robin.

Check for new replies or respond here...