inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "TazMania"?

Written By: 90s Guy on 04/06/18 at 9:13 pm

Was there really a big TazMania thing in the 90s, like, Taz the cartoon character became really cool in the mid-late 90s?

Subject: Re: "TazMania"?

Written By: nally on 04/06/18 at 11:26 pm

Well I do remember it was a popular cartoon series in the early 90's.

Apparently the Tasmanian Devil (from Looney Tunes, nicknamed Taz) starred in his own series, and had his own family within the series.

Written By: 2001 on 04/07/18 at 2:32 am

I got the series on VHS!

He was my favourite character in Space Jam.

Written By: nally on 04/07/18 at 10:20 am

I got the series on VHS!

He was my favourite character in Space Jam.

oh yes, some Looney Tunes characters also appeared in that movie.

Written By: anything on 04/07/18 at 3:39 pm

I got the series on VHS!

Store bought or something else?

Written By: 2001 on 04/07/18 at 3:43 pm

Store bought or something else?

I should say I "had"; I don't know where it is anymore. I got it from a store, it was in the late '90s or early 2000s.

Written By: mqg96 on 04/07/18 at 6:55 pm

I love Looney Tunes, Merrie Melodies, Tiny Toons, Taz-Mania, Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries, Duck Dodgers (my favorite of all), and even Loonatics Unleashed. The Looney Tunes Show was alright, but not my favorite. Baby Looney Tunes was only cool with me the first year it was on but after awhile it got boring, and looking back it's the worst out of all the Looney Tunes TV shows. I've never watched Wabbit or New Looney Tunes, but by the way it looks it reminds me of the Mickey Mouse (2013) shorts.

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/15/18 at 9:48 am

Was there really a big TazMania thing in the 90s, like, Taz the cartoon character became really cool in the mid-late 90s?

hmmm...I don't think so. He had a show in the 90s but I don't remember him having more prominence than Buggs Bunny or Daffy Duck. If you mean was he popular in the 90s compared to his character in earlier decades? I could definitely see that. I don't remember it being this huge thing tho.

Check for new replies or respond here...