inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you buy, or still have, any vintage 90s clothes?

Written By: 90s Guy on 04/12/18 at 12:44 pm

Do you buy, or still have, any vintage 90s clothes? If so, what?

I have my dad's dancing skeletons tie dye Grateful Dead shirt from around 1990. It's in pretty ratty shape but still. I also have his neon green Gecko windbreaker. I actually wish I had a lot of his 90s clothes, they were cool. I've bought quite a few 90s t-shirts used recently.

What about you?

Subject: Re: Do you buy, or still have, any vintage 90s clothes?

Written By: SailorSteven2017 on 04/12/18 at 4:20 pm

My mom kept some of her jeans from around 1991 (they are so blue, I've never seen jeans so blue before XD). And, my grandma has a lot of colorful shirts with crazy floral designs from 1990 that she still wears today.

P.S. Know any thrift shops? I need 90s clothes BADLY  :\'(

Usagi-chan

Written By: violet_shy on 04/12/18 at 7:06 pm

The oldest piece of clothing I own is a red blouse that I wore to my cousin's birthday party in 1989. It is red with denim shoulder pads.

I also have a dress that I wore to my 5th grade picture day in 1990. It is a denim blue with white. It use to have a white flower attached to it. I still have it as well.

And lastly, I have a dress that I wore to my 10th grade picture in 1995. Tubetop, babydoll type dress.

And that is all!

Written By: robby76 on 04/14/18 at 12:25 am

Oldest item of clothing is a singlet someone gave me in 1990. It was probably from 1989 though. It's a LeCoq Sportif singlet. It's all faded now but I keep it for sentimental reasons.

Written By: Dundee on 04/14/18 at 3:35 am

I still have my baby vest from 1998 if that counts. My mom never wanted to throw it away for some reason lol

Written By: violet_shy on 04/27/18 at 2:31 pm

I still have my baby vest from 1998 if that counts. My mom never wanted to throw it away for some reason lol

That's sweet. And trust me you'll thank your mom later when you're older.  ;)

Written By: exodus08 on 04/28/18 at 12:40 pm

My grandma has my baby clothes.

Written By: JaxRhapsody on 04/28/18 at 8:59 pm

I'd like to find clothes from the 90s. I don't think I have anything I had from the 90s. I wish I could find pants mostly, because options today are sheesh, everything is skinny jeans, bootcut, or those harem looking jeans. Vintage tripps, jyncos, bugle boys, anything that are more a proper baggy fit, unlike todays sheesh.

Written By: karen on 04/29/18 at 1:33 pm

I got married in 92 and still have the floral skirt and silk blouse I wore as my 'going away' outfit.  Probably also some sweatshirts from then and one pair of cotton trousers.  And maybe a fleece jacket.

When was The X-Files on? I have an X-Files t shirt

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/29/18 at 5:26 pm

I got a stash of Hilfiger and FUBU clothes somewhere.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...