inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rugrats rebooted and said to have a movie released in 2020

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 07/16/18 at 8:04 pm

The movie (which is live action) is set to be released on November 13, 2020, almost 22 years after the first Rugrats movie, which had Tommy's brother Dil being born.

According to Entertainment Weekly and TVLine, 26 episodes have been ordered.

Subject: Re: Rugrats rebooted and said to have a movie released in 2020

Written By: Wobo on 07/16/18 at 8:29 pm

Ayyy, that's awesome! Animaniacs are getting rebooted in 2020 also.

Written By: 2001 on 07/16/18 at 8:49 pm

Live-action Rugrats? This might be interesting. Don't tell the '90s kids though, I was never a fan of Rugrats ;D

Written By: piecesof93 on 07/16/18 at 9:07 pm

They need to chill with the reboots and let the cartoons be. They tried doing an "updated" version of rugrats with all grown up and it turned out horribly. I'm not against another movie though. But live action babies? lmfao

Written By: nally on 07/16/18 at 11:31 pm

Ayyy, that's awesome! Animaniacs are getting rebooted in 2020 also.

It's likely not going to be anything like the originals.

They need to chill with the reboots and let the cartoons be.

I agree. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Written By: Mat1991 on 07/17/18 at 4:05 am

At this point, I'm rooting for a cultural backlash against reboots. #MakeItStop

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 07/17/18 at 5:08 am

I'm going to join you.

Written By: 2001 on 07/17/18 at 6:35 am

Nobody is forcing you to watch them (unless you have kids to take care of like me x_x)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/17/18 at 3:53 pm

The movie (which is live action) is set to be released on November 13, 2020, almost 22 years after the first Rugrats movie, which had Tommy's brother Dil being born.

I am curious with the live action, it will have to be toddlers playing the roles?

Written By: Howard on 07/18/18 at 2:41 pm

They need to chill with the reboots and let the cartoons be. They tried doing an "updated" version of rugrats with all grown up and it turned out horribly. I'm not against another movie though. But live action babies? lmfao

This is why you should leave things in the past. ::)

Written By: SmartBo1 on 07/18/18 at 7:56 pm

The second I hear live action Rugrats I'm instantly reminded of that era of terrible live action adaptations of cartoons during the 2000's e.g the two Garfield movies,Scooby-Doo movies, the fifty Alvin and the Chipmunks movies, Avatar the last air bender, and worst of all...Dragonball Evolution.

Written By: Wobo on 07/18/18 at 9:41 pm

The second I hear live action Rugrats I'm instantly reminded of that era of terrible live action adaptations of cartoons during the 2000's e.g the two Garfield movies,Scooby-Doo movies, the fifty Alvin and the Chipmunks movies, Avatar the last air bender, and worst of all...Dragonball Evolution.

Hey, the Scooby Doo live action movies were actually good.

Written By: annimal on 07/18/18 at 9:52 pm

I don't think doing Rugrats is a good idea.  Scooby Doo worked kind of because because people really do commit crimes 

Written By: mqg96 on 07/19/18 at 8:58 am

Nickelodeon has been on absolute life support this entire decade. The Loud House is their ONLY big highlight. They got a miracle hail mary from that series otherwise Nickelodeon of the 2010's would be remembered for reruns of the same shows, reboots, sitcoms falling part, Butch Hartman resigning, Dan Schneider stepping down, and that shady female president stepping down. Part of the reason why Nick has also suffered is because they had so many opportunities to pick up creative shows from the late 2000's and 2010's and they passed it down. They also cancelled many good shows as well, yet the network accepts Fanboy & Chum Chum, Planet Sheen, Breadwinners, Back in the Barnyard, Tuff Puppy, etc. cringey mediocre Nicktoons with no plot at all? Its sitcoms died out after the iCarly and Victorious era came to an end. You know, Nickelodeon's problems may go even further back. Nickelodeon Studios closing down back in 2005 may have been a huge mistake. I honestly don't know, but here's what I do know. Outside of Loud House, their Nicktoons have either been reboots, spin-offs, or canceled too soon. When there's a good Nicktoons out there, it's been cancelled too soon or passed on. Its sitcoms since Haunted Hathaways and Henry Danger have only pondered to young kids instead of kids and teens like all the previous sitcoms from the 90's to 2010 did.

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/1/590x/secondary/life-support-inquest-461823.jpg

Written By: mqg96 on 07/19/18 at 9:06 am

https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/is-nickelodeon-becoming-the-most-irrelevant-network-of-the-2010s-as-far-as-animation-goes.5670272/

Add the fact that the live-action sitcoms have been irrelevant as I explained on my previous post too.

Check for new replies or respond here...