inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Summertime in 1991

Written By: mqg96 on 08/10/18 at 5:05 pm

Any guys or ladies out there who remember this song in its prime back in the early 90's? This is a song that really let you know that the 90's was a fun and exciting age for family time culture. This had to be the most lit and quintessential hip hop/R&B summer song of the early 90's.

Kr0tTbTbmVA

Subject: Re: Summertime in 1991

Written By: J. Rob on 08/11/18 at 1:03 am

I was 5 at the time. I vividly remember this song being everywhere. It was my favorite song by far that year.

Written By: Howard on 08/11/18 at 2:04 pm

Any guys or ladies out there who remember this song in its prime back in the early 90's? This is a song that really let you know that the 90's was a fun and exciting age for family time culture. This had to be the most lit and quintessential hip hop/R&B summer song of the early 90's.

Kr0tTbTbmVA

Yes I do remember that song being played on the radio during the summer.

Written By: violet_shy on 08/14/18 at 5:12 pm

I have so many memories of that Summer! One of my dearest memories is when I graduated Elementary School in June 1991.

Written By: wsmith4 on 08/23/18 at 3:14 pm

Summer 91 was one of my favorite summers EVER. 

Written By: nally on 08/24/18 at 10:07 pm

I have so many memories of that Summer! One of my dearest memories is when I graduated Elementary School in June 1991.

Lucky you! :)

I transitioned from 5th to 6th grade in that summer, but the elementary school I attended went up thru 6th grade (as did most schools in the district). It was the following year when most of them made the switch.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 08/25/18 at 8:35 am

I definitely don’t remember seeing that video or hearing that song in the summer of 1991, but ‘91 was the year when I first saw the intro to The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

Written By: nally on 08/25/18 at 10:47 am

I definitely don't remember seeing that video or hearing that song in the summer of 1991, but `91 was the year when I first saw the intro to The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

I didn't watch that show for the first time until after it went into syndication (that is, airing Monday-Friday on a particular channel).

Written By: Howard on 08/25/18 at 1:39 pm

I didn't watch that show for the first time until after it went into syndication (that is, airing Monday-Friday on a particular channel).

I remember when Fresh Prince aired on Channel 4 in NYC.

Written By: nally on 08/25/18 at 4:27 pm

That's probably your NBC affiliate.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 08/26/18 at 1:50 am

The intro had the “NBC In Stereo Where Available” symbol at the bottom of the screen back then. The logo changed in ‘92. Those were the days.

Check for new replies or respond here...