inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Early 90s pop was better

Written By: Early10sFan on 09/02/18 at 6:20 am

They just posted Annie Lennox' Walking On Broken Glass on the radio and it stands the test of time better than pop from the second part of the 90s. Ditto for All That She Wants, NKOTB vs. late 90s pop bands, Beverly Craven's Promise me, Paula Abdul's Opposites Attract, Kylie's Better The Devil You Know, Maggie Riley's Everytime We Touch, Extreme's More Than Words. :)

It seems that pre-1995 90s pop had more vocal talent.The press is so ignorant, totally ignoring that 1990-94 had non-grunge pop as well and only hyping the Spice girls/teen pop era which looking back feels mostly cheesy save for gems like Geenie In A Bottle. Do you see it or not?

Subject: Re: Early 90s pop was better

Written By: violet_shy on 09/02/18 at 12:40 pm

Pop was great throughout the entire decade of the 1990s. Did you listen to the Spice Girl's album?...it's beautiful. Not cheesy at all. But, of course you find it cheesy it was a different time and you probably didn't even grow up in the 1990s. Mid to late 1990s pop music was soo much fun!

Can everyone stop nit picking on my decade's music so much please. It was good from beginning to end, and that is it.

Subject: Re: Early 90s pop was better

Written By: violet_shy on 09/02/18 at 1:36 pm

Yes, I did and most of it is cheesy. Fun and nostalgic, but cheesy imo. :)
I did grow up in the 90s (1988 born). During my life so far, the best music was in 2009-2013.

Fooled you ;D ;D ;D

And welcome, I'm guessing you're a new member? Never seen you before.

Check for new replies or respond here...