inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is 1994 a generational cutoff year?

Written By: 90s Guy on 09/12/18 at 3:36 pm

What I mean is,
I was born in 1990 for example. People around my age (late 80s-early 90s) grew up with a certain set of shared cultural memories. We grew up with the Sega Genesis and SNES. We experienced Power Rangers' peak. Our late childhoods we had Pokemon during its first run of American popularity.

It's just something I've noticed today. My girlfriend was born in early 94, as was a nephew of mine and I feel like perhaps 94 is a cutoff in some way. People born then are too young to remember the golden Power Rangers years, they grew up with Jax and Dexter and Spyro rather than Donkey Kong and Sonic. Their generation was the N64 and PS1/2. Not just in terms of video game, but I feel like there's just a different mindse because they experienced a different culture in a sense.

Subject: Re: Is 1994 a generational cutoff year?

Written By: d90 on 09/13/18 at 8:24 pm

I think that 1994 borns are what I consider late Millennials since they were in middle school and high school when smartphones and social media got extremely popular. They were school aged kids when 9/11:happened just like those born in the early 1990s late 1980s and mid 1980s.

Check for new replies or respond here...