inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Halloweentown Just Turned 20

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 10/17/18 at 10:09 pm

https://www.buzzfeed.com/pablovaldivia/behind-the-scenes-facts-halloweentown

This is crazy :o. It was one of my favorite DCOMs growing up (and yeah.... that included the sequels ;D). The spooky atmosphere & relatable child characters certainly made the film very memorable. And who can forget Halloweentown itself?

7EdgGsmswIo

Subject: Re: Halloweentown Just Turned 20

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/18/18 at 8:01 am

Ain't never seen it

Written By: SpyroKev on 10/18/18 at 9:52 am

I seen the 20 year mark so much, it became meh to me. Haha I haven't seen Halloweentwon since the early 00s.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 10/18/18 at 11:47 am

Ain't never seen it

Watch it. Its a classic 8).

I seen the 20 year mark so much, it became meh to me. Haha I haven't seen Halloweentwon since the early 00s.

Haha, yeah I've kind of gotten a little num to it. Its just kinda crazy when you see things that you grew up with make it to that milestone though. Soon the year 2000 itself is going to be 20 and we're all going to be pretty shocked :o.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/18/18 at 12:57 pm

When I was growing up, the Halloweentown movies were among my least favorite DCOMs lol. I didn't hate them but I thought that they were "meh".

Now, while I don't love them like others do, I do appreciate them a bit more today than I did when I was young.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 10/25/18 at 12:25 am

Hocus Pocus is now 25 as well ;D:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2018/10/23/hocus-pocus-review-25-years-halloween/1745627002/

Apparently it was berated by critics when it first came out :o.

Written By: Howard on 10/25/18 at 5:25 am

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2018/10/23/hocus-pocus-review-25-years-halloween/1745627002/

Did they hate the film?

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/25/18 at 5:26 am

Hoping it will be on television around Halloween.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 10/25/18 at 7:15 am

Did they hate the film?

Apparently. It shows how people's perceptions can generally change. The film has become a cult classic, and for good reason. Mainly for its (under-appreciated, at the time) witty writing & iconic cast of characters. This was another favorite of mines during the Halloween season.

Hoping it will be on television around Halloween.

I hope so to. I know FreeForm is doing the annual 31 Nights of Halloween Special. So maybe it'll be on there. I remember watching the movie every year either on Magical World on Disney on Disney Channel back in the early 2000s:

dWOYkiWKOz0

v0o7_3_MZt4

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/25/18 at 7:17 am

I hope so to. I know FreeForm is doing the annual 31 Nights of Halloween Special. So maybe it'll be on there. I remember watching the movie every year either on Magical World on Disney on Disney Channel back in the early 2000s:

One television channel over here is showing a Halloween based film for the next nights, I will have to check-up on it.

Written By: yelimsexa on 10/25/18 at 7:20 am

In other words, Halloweentown is as old today as what Halloween (1978) was back then! Never saw that since I was already a teen and saw it as a bit too "kiddie". But I may give it a second look though!

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/25/18 at 7:20 am

One television channel over here is showing a Halloween based film for the next nights, I will have to check-up on it.
I have misheard the ad on the radio, it is 13 nights of paranormal programs for the Halloween season, I will keep looking though.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/25/18 at 7:22 am

In other words, Halloweentown is as old today as what Halloween (1978) was back then! Never saw that since I was already a teen and saw it as a bit too "kiddie". But I may give it a second look though!
Yes, definitely worth a second viewing.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 10/25/18 at 9:31 am

Thats definitely a surreal fact :o. Also, Hocus Pocus came out closer in time to Halloween in 78', than Halloween in 18'. A bit.... Spooky.... to say the least ;D ;D ;D

Written By: KatanaChick on 10/27/18 at 4:47 pm

I used to love the Halloweentown movies as a kid! They're cute made for TV movies for that time of year.  :D

Written By: musicguy93 on 10/28/18 at 1:52 pm

20 years, that's pretty wild  :o. I remember watching it as a little kid and it became one of my favorite DCOMs. Looking back on it now, it's definitely aged quite a bit, but overall I think it's still a pretty enjoyable movie, especially around Halloween.

I'm embarrassed to admit it but the villain Kalabar used to scare me as a kid: https://giphy.com/gifs/disney-channel-vbPdTHQ0tCQgM

Yeah, that used to scare me. ;D

Written By: KatanaChick on 10/28/18 at 2:41 pm

20 years, that's pretty wild  :o. I remember watching it as a little kid and it became one of my favorite DCOMs. Looking back on it now, it's definitely aged quite a bit, but overall I think it's still a pretty enjoyable movie, especially around Halloween.

I'm embarrassed to admit it but the villain Kalabar used to scare me as a kid: https://giphy.com/gifs/disney-channel-vbPdTHQ0tCQgM

Yeah, that used to scare me. ;D

That mask in no way looks realistic, but yes, it's creepy!

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 10/28/18 at 10:04 pm

That mask in no way looks realistic, but yes, it's creepy!

He had a bit of a 'Power Rangers' vibe to him, so I obviously wasn't scared ;D. I could see where some people were coming from though.

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/29/18 at 10:35 am

halloween has been around more than 320 years

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 10/31/18 at 9:46 am

Happy Halloween :) :) :)

kGiYxCUAhks

From another one of my favorite movies from my childhood, particularly for this season :D

Check for new replies or respond here...