inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: September 1997- Atmosphere (Photo Album)

Written By: John Titor on 10/20/18 at 9:35 pm

https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/HJpyzcU.png
http://www.jjd.com/net-analysis/1997-reunion/13.jpg
https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/HJpDRO0.png

Subject: Re: September 1997- Atmosphere (Photo Album)

Written By: John Titor on 10/21/18 at 7:35 pm

bump

Written By: mjstudios97 on 10/22/18 at 3:44 pm

Oooh. Interesting. I'd like to see more about this time period. September 1997 was also the month and year I was born.

Written By: violet_shy on 10/22/18 at 5:32 pm

September 1997....I turned 17. One of my oldest cousins died during that time and we attended his funeral on my birthday. Then later, I remember buying Mariah Carey's Butterfly album....on cassette! One of the best albums ever!!

Written By: John Titor on 10/22/18 at 6:40 pm

Oooh. Interesting. I'd like to see more about this time period. September 1997 was also the month and year I was born.

maybe ill add some extra stuff, this is by far my favorite school year, the vibe was so refreshing at the time, we were leaving
the grunge era behind.

Written By: John Titor on 10/22/18 at 6:41 pm

September 1997....I turned 17. One of my oldest cousins died during that time and we attended his funeral on my birthday. Then later, I remember buying Mariah Carey's Butterfly album....on cassette! One of the best albums ever!!

sorry about your cousin, Remember the vibe that month tho it was so NEW

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/23/18 at 6:47 pm

sorry about your cousin, Remember the vibe that month tho it was so NEW

You're right. Same as late 2001. By mid 2001 this era has reached the end.

Written By: John Titor on 10/23/18 at 8:33 pm

Additional content @ the request of  mjstudios97

https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/HJRv2mY.png

Written By: annimal on 10/23/18 at 9:02 pm

go go power fanged jerks

Written By: John Titor on 10/24/18 at 4:05 pm

go go power fanged jerks

lol

Written By: piecesof93 on 10/24/18 at 7:01 pm

These pics just scream 90s.

Written By: John Titor on 10/25/18 at 12:25 pm

:)

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 10/25/18 at 2:48 pm

Some of those photos could almost be mistaken for pictures from the Y2K era. Then again, they are from the late 90s.

I would say any picture from 1990 to 1991 really screams 90s, but someone could argue that there is late 80s stuff (I.e. - T&C Surf Designs shirts, Hawaiian shirts, and Ocean Pacific tops) in a few of them.

Every time period is the same. The late 90s were no exception. We were moving on from the mid ‘90s (the time of Melrose Place, flannel, and comedy films based on characters from old cartoons) while still looking at pop culture (i.e. - Animaniacs, Jim Carey movies, and music from Sheryl Crow) that was better when it was introduced in the mid 90s and enjoying the new pop culture of the time (I.e. - There’s Something About Mary, South Park, and Tickle Me Elmo dolls).

John Titor did a great job with these collages. You can see from his TV ads that 1997 was worlds apart from the winter season of 1998, but not too far off from that time when you look at the record covers he posted. Hanson, Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, and Robyn were all artists that starting making music in the 90s and still had albums in stores all throughout the 2000s.

The pictures of Sam Goody and Suncoast really take me back. I wish they were still around.

Written By: John Titor on 10/25/18 at 3:48 pm

Some of those photos could almost be mistaken for pictures from the Y2K era. Then again, they are from the late 90s.

I would say any picture from 1990 to 1991 really screams 90s, but someone could argue that there is late 80s stuff (I.e. - T&C Surf Designs shirts, Hawaiian shirts, and Ocean Pacific tops) in a few of them.

Every time period is the same. The late 90s were no exception. We were moving on from the mid ‘90s (the time of Melrose Place, flannel, and comedy films based on characters from old cartoons) while still looking at pop culture (i.e. - Animaniacs, Jim Carey movies, and music from Sheryl Crow) that was better when it was introduced in the mid 90s and enjoying the new pop culture of the time (I.e. - There’s Something About Mary, South Park, and Tickle Me Elmo dolls).

John Titor did a great job with these collages. You can see from his TV ads that 1997 was worlds apart from the winter season of 1998, but not too far off from that time when you look at the record covers he posted. Hanson, Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, and Robyn were all artists that starting making music in the 90s and still had albums in stores all throughout the 2000s.

The pictures of Sam Goody and Suncoast really take me back. I wish they were still around.

Thank you so much, yeah I try really had with trying to create these photo albums to make it look like you
were teleported to that year/month , lots of thought goes into them glad you enjoy them =)

Written By: aja675 on 11/03/18 at 10:29 am

Pretty much the atmosphere of my earliest memories.

Written By: John Titor on 11/03/18 at 12:46 pm

Pretty much the atmosphere of my earliest memories.
was in 4th grade at the time, the feeling fet FRESH & NEW it was awesome.

Check for new replies or respond here...