inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The 20th Anniversary of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 11/25/18 at 9:31 pm

Ia91QYLwor4

Yes.... its already been 20 years!

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--BmIrFMrb--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/lj5sjavorekvukyrbhe4.jpg

Thoughts?

FYI I'm making a RetroJunk Article on this same subject, so please stay tuned ;)

Subject: Re: The 20th Anniversary of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Written By: SmartBo1 on 11/27/18 at 11:23 pm

Aside from Majoras Mask, Ocarina's story might be my favorite. The only reason OOT isn't my fav zelda game is because on the dungeons. The only ones that I like are the forest and water temples. :P

Written By: violet_shy on 11/28/18 at 3:22 pm

I think this is my favorite of all the Zelda games.

Written By: bchris02 on 11/28/18 at 3:35 pm

Aside from Majoras Mask, Ocarina's story might be my favorite. The only reason OOT isn't my fav zelda game is because on the dungeons. The only ones that I like are the forest and water temples. :P

I dunno, I really like the fire temple.

I think Ocarina of Time was a better game and it had a better story.  However, Majora's Mask had more replay value.

Written By: SpyroKev on 11/28/18 at 5:21 pm

I dunno, I really like the fire temple.

I think Ocarina of Time was a better game and it had a better story.  However, Majora's Mask had more replay value.

I agree with this. Ocarina of Time is amazing at what it does but Majora's Mask has better rewards. Ocarina of Time's gameplay is also stiff now that I played MM.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 11/29/18 at 10:33 am

My RetroJunk article has now been published!

http://www.retrojunk.com/article/show/5436/the-legacy-of-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time

Give it a read fellas & sistas ;)

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 11/29/18 at 1:04 pm

This is a great review for the game

1UedfrD5b6k

I also can heavily relate with his nostalgia for the game & playing it for the first time. Classic  8).

Written By: 90s Bastard on 11/29/18 at 10:25 pm

Tied with A Link to the Past for best in the franchise.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/02/18 at 5:39 am

Is Zelda still played today?

btw, The Legend Of Zelda

Written By: SpyroKev on 03/01/19 at 8:57 am

Ocarina of Time is a product of its time. The game is definitely sadly, a bit overrated tho. I can go back and repeat Majora's Mask constantly while I couldn't for OoT. Majora's Mask is a timeless work that every time I play it, it has an illusion that makes it feel completely new.

Written By: JackSepton on 03/01/19 at 2:06 pm

great game, did anyone play majoras mask?

Written By: mqg96 on 03/01/19 at 6:09 pm

I just realized this thread is basically your username but you created it ahead of time  :o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/02/19 at 2:29 pm

We have played the original game I don't know how many times and we played Ocarina I don't know how many times. We never did get through Majora's Mask but we tried.

Cat

Written By: musicguy93 on 03/03/19 at 5:37 pm

I know this post is a few months late, but man, it's hard to believe it's been over 20 years since Oot's release! This was one of the first games I played when I was around 5/6, and I still enjoy playing it to this day. Heck I still own my N64 copy of the game. I know a lot of fans say that it's "too easy", and I can understand that. But there's something about this game that keeps drawing me back to it. I think it's a combination of the exploration element, along with the music/atmosphere, that really brings me right back to that special place as a kid. Heck without this game (along with Super Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, Spyro, etc.), I probably wouldn't be as into video games as I have been throughout much of my life. Nowadays, I don't have as much time to play games, but I've played through Oot thousands of times, and I'm sure I'll be playing it thousands of more times. ;)

Written By: musicguy93 on 03/03/19 at 5:40 pm

Ocarina of Time is a product of its time. The game is definitely sadly, a bit overrated tho. I can go back and repeat Majora's Mask constantly while I couldn't for OoT. Majora's Mask is a timeless work that every time I play it, it has an illusion that makes it feel completely new.

I guess I can understand that. I personally love both games! Oot and MM are probably the two Zelda games that I constantly revisit. Though I will admit, with Majora's Mask, I had put it on the shelf for a couple of years before completely beating it as it was a bit challenging (and scary) for me as a little kid.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 03/03/19 at 6:06 pm

I just realized this thread is basically your username but you created it ahead of time  :o

Or maybe I went back in time to change my username to 'ZeldaFan20'? Besides, I do have an Ocarina in my safe to spare!

Written By: SpyroKev on 03/03/19 at 8:03 pm

I guess I can understand that. I personally love both games! Oot and MM are probably the two Zelda games that I constantly revisit. Though I will admit, with Majora's Mask, I had put it on the shelf for a couple of years before completely beating it as it was a bit challenging (and scary) for me as a little kid.

Ocarina of Time is great when you play it for the first time. Once I played Majora's Mask tho, I just can't help that it feels like an improvement as far as liveliness and emotional attachment. The only drawback I know from MM is, it does get bothersome when you can't see your accomplishments stay in place due to the 3 day cycle. I hate going to the barn yard in MM after you couldn't save the cows due to other side quests that got in the way of it, you can the people in stress by it.

Written By: musicguy93 on 03/03/19 at 9:41 pm

Ocarina of Time is great when you play it for the first time. Once I played Majora's Mask tho, I just can't help that it feels like an improvement as far as liveliness and emotional attachment. The only drawback I know from MM is, it does get bothersome when you can't see your accomplishments stay in place due to the 3 day cycle. I hate going to the barn yard in MM after you couldn't save the cows due to other side quests that got in the way of it, you can the people in stress by it.

That cow part used to give me so much trouble  ;D.

Check for new replies or respond here...