inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 9/9/99 Sega Dreamcast launch 20 years old

Written By: John Titor on 01/05/19 at 1:31 pm

http://www.videogameobsession.com/videogame/9-9-99/dreamcast.launch.9.9.99-25.jpg
http://www.videogameobsession.com/videogame/9-9-99/dreamcast.launch.9.9.99-30.jpg

Subject: Re: 9/9/99 Sega Dreamcast launch 20 years old

Written By: floppy on 01/05/19 at 1:43 pm

i havnt played to many dreamcast  games  :P but the games i did play are sonic adventure 1 and 2 on my ps4 and my phone using reicast  :)

Written By: John Titor on 01/05/19 at 1:47 pm

i havnt played to many dreamcast  games  :P but the games i did play are sonic adventure 1 and 2 on my ps4 and my phone using reicast  :)

Dreamcast was HUGEEEEEEEEEEEE (Trump voice) when it came out.
Do you know how many people bought Dreamcast just by playing it at my house lmao

I remember my friend came over to play NBA 2k and his Jaw was on the floor, he bought a Dreamcast 2 days later.
Going online in the 90's on a Dreamcast was so futuristic. I couldn't even go back to playing ps1 or n64 after using Dreamcast at the time.

Written By: floppy on 01/05/19 at 2:09 pm

Dreamcast was HUGEEEEEEEEEEEE (Trump voice) when it came out.
Do you know how many people bought Dreamcast just by playing it at my house lmao

I remember my friend came over to play NBA 2k and his Jaw was on the floor, he bought a Dreamcast 2 days later.
Going online in the 90's on a Dreamcast was so futuristic. I couldn't even go back to playing ps1 or n64 after using Dreamcast at the time.

i can see why it was huge ;D it was a huge leap from the n64,saturn,and ps1. Also i like how the games had there own style compared to the gc,xbox,and ps2. tbh it was the best system for sega to go out on :).

Written By: John Titor on 01/05/19 at 2:59 pm

i can see why it was huge ;D it was a huge leap from the n64,saturn,and ps1. Also i like how the games had there own style compared to the gc,xbox,and ps2. tbh it was the best system for sega to go out on :).

I remember that day in Jan 2001 when Sega made their announcement, it was sad but they went out in a blaze of glory.

Written By: piecesof93 on 01/05/19 at 4:57 pm

The Dreamcast is underrated (now)

Written By: 2001 on 01/05/19 at 6:08 pm

I honestly didn't know the Dreamcast existed until I heard people talking about it online around 2006 or so. That's how hard it bombed lol. To be fair I didn't know about the Saturn either.

Written By: John Titor on 01/05/19 at 6:25 pm

I honestly didn't know the Dreamcast existed until I heard people talking about it online around 2006 or so. That's how hard it bombed lol. To be fair I didn't know about the Saturn either.

Dreamcast had commercials on tv every 5 min in 99 how did you not see it,unless you didn't watch tv lol

Saturn I can understand that system was a piece of sheesh

Check for new replies or respond here...