inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Late 90s nostalgia thread

Written By: d90 on 03/28/19 at 11:19 am

The late 90s were an awesome time to be a kid.
What memories do you have of the late 1990s?
I remember
Furbies
When Pokemon was extremely popular and new
Watching Disneys One Saturday Morning
Mulan
The Lion King 2

Subject: Re: Late 90s nostalgia thread

Written By: violet_shy on 03/28/19 at 5:30 pm

I wasn't a little kid in the late 1990s, but I was still a kid and am nostalgic about sometimes!

June 1998: I graduated High School.
September 1998: Turned 18 years old.
March 1999: Applied to and attended my first job, as floral assembler.
September 1999: I turned 19.

Written By: fusefan on 03/29/19 at 1:31 am

The late 90s were an awesome time to be a kid.
What memories do you have of the late 1990s?
I remember
Furbies
When Pokemon was extremely popular and new
Watching Disneys One Saturday Morning
Mulan
The Lion King 2

Same. But I wasn’t into One Saturday Morning. Cartoon Network was my favorite channel in 1999 with Nickelodeon at a close second. (Remember before Adult Swim came out CN had shows like Toon Heads and  O Canada?) Heck even Disney Channel was still pretty awesome back then when they had shows like Bug Juice, Mad Libs, and Off The Wall. And they played movies like Susie Q and had Vault Disney at nights. I was also really into Zoom and Arthur on PBS kids. I also remember bucket hats being really popular then. And not to mention due to the success of the iMac G3, translucent colored plastic everything!

Written By: d90 on 03/29/19 at 6:19 pm

Same. But I wasn’t into One Saturday Morning. Cartoon Network was my favorite channel in 1999 with Nickelodeon at a close second. (Remember before Adult Swim came out CN had shows like Toon Heads and  O Canada?) Heck even Disney Channel was still pretty awesome back then when they had shows like Bug Juice, Mad Libs, and Off The Wall. And they played movies like Susie Q and had Vault Disney at nights. I was also really into Zoom and Arthur on PBS kids. I also remember bucket hats being really popular then. And not to mention due to the success of the iMac G3, translucent colored plastic everything!

I used to watch Kidsongs and Wishbone on Pbs kids back then. I was also really into Arthur and Zoom.

Written By: fusefan on 03/29/19 at 7:39 pm

I used to watch Kidsongs and Wishbone on Pbs kids back then. I was also really into Arthur and Zoom.

And you knew the fun was over when this came on!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5OoVmhE_jNg

And PBS had these type of logos at the time
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cBAXME0O2ow

Written By: Elor on 04/02/19 at 12:18 pm

And you knew the fun was over when this came on!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5OoVmhE_jNg

Useless fun fact: "Lehrer" is the German word for teacher. :)

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/03/19 at 8:27 pm

Basically starting my adult years.  I had finished college, worked at my first engineering job from 96-98.  In 98 I started the engineering job that I am at now.  Bought my first house in 99 and things started to look up when I got totally on my own.

It was a dark time for me, literally.  Most of the late 90s, I had a long commute and long hours, so I didn't watch much TV or even see much daylight.  Parents fought all the time so I didn't come home much, would stay in town and sleep in my car even in the winter.  Had my first few relationships that didn't go so well.  Didn't like most of what was on pop radio so I listened to a lot of country.  Played bass and sat in with a few local bands.  Got my first CD player in 97, and started the collection that I still listen to today.  Also first got on the internet in 97.  Still using the same dialup account that I started with back then.  Fiber optic is still a couple years out but they say it's coming.

Written By: Howard on 04/04/19 at 2:34 pm

Well, I think around this time America On Line started.

Check for new replies or respond here...