inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Post your 1990 photos!!

Written By: violet_shy on 05/21/19 at 11:00 pm

Here I am in 1990. Photo's a bit blurry cause it's old but still viewable. I was wearing a side ponytail and yes-eye glasses. Another pink dress but this one wasn't "special occasion so it wasn't poofy hahaha.

http://i64.tinypic.com/20g1ppj.jpg

Subject: Re: Post your 1990 photos!!

Written By: nally on 05/21/19 at 11:02 pm

I can still see it. :) It's a nice one.

I have one photo from that year I'd like to share; just gotta get it scanned in first.

Written By: violet_shy on 05/21/19 at 11:34 pm

I have one photo from that year I'd like to share; just gotta get it scanned in first.

Well duh :D just take a picture of it with your phone!....or if you prefer scanning that's fine too. :)

Written By: nally on 05/21/19 at 11:36 pm

Well duh :D just take a picture of it with your phone!....or if you prefer scanning that's fine too. :)

I actually did think of taking a picture of it with my digital camera. :)

And then I will share it.

Written By: fgbn on 05/22/19 at 12:01 am

amazing photos Jessica Ann, you were like the ultimate 90s kid
its hard to imagine that 1990 is almost 30 years ago now, isnt it Jessica Ann?

Written By: violet_shy on 05/22/19 at 12:19 am

amazing photos Jessica Ann, you were like the ultimate 90s kid
its hard to imagine that 1990 is almost 30 years ago now, isnt it Jessica Ann?

I still remember that day like it was just yesterday.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/22/19 at 3:49 am

I actually did think of taking a picture of it with my digital camera. :)

And then I will share it.
With personal photos being put online for all to view, like FB, does ChuckyC own the copyright on the photos?

Written By: violet_shy on 05/22/19 at 7:31 am

With personal photos being put online for all to view, like FB, does ChuckyC own the copyright on the photos?

Hm. It didn't say that on the guidellines page when registering. And someone would have posted it on the photos board. Another reason why I don't think he owns the copyright is because the photos can be deleted and there are no logos or watermarks on the photos after posting them.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/22/19 at 7:39 am

Hm. It didn't say that on the guidellines page when registering. And someone would have posted it on the photos board. Another reason why I don't think he owns the copyright is because the photos can be deleted and there are no logos or watermarks on the photos after posting them.
Just only wondered...  :)

Written By: nally on 05/22/19 at 9:45 am

Even when I do put 'personal' photos online, they are attachments, which can only be viewed in logged-in mode.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/22/19 at 9:58 am

Even when I do put 'personal' photos online, they are attachments, which can only be viewed in logged-in mode.
Clever  idea!

Written By: nally on 05/22/19 at 9:59 am

Clever  idea!

Yes, I have been doing that with photos of me, as seen in the main photo thread.

Written By: violet_shy on 05/22/19 at 11:10 am

I've done that a few times.  :)

Written By: Howard on 05/22/19 at 2:41 pm

Here I am in 1990. Photo's a bit blurry cause it's old but still viewable. I was wearing a side ponytail and yes-eye glasses. Another pink dress but this one wasn't "special occasion so it wasn't poofy hahaha.

http://i64.tinypic.com/20g1ppj.jpg

Very nice.  :)

Written By: nally on 05/22/19 at 5:49 pm

I've done that a few times.  :)

That's good. In fact, earlier I took a picture of the picture I plan to share, and now that I have it in my computer, I will upload it soon.

Stay tuned.

Written By: nally on 05/22/19 at 5:54 pm

In August of 1990, my family and I spent a day at Disneyland. At one point we were in the clock shop on Main Street USA, when we encountered a boy who was wearing the exact same clothes as me! Then we found out that his name was also Jeff; he was on a trip with his family; and he was also 10 years old at the time. So then my mom took a picture of us.

I'm the one on the right, with my head pointed downwards in disbelief. I mean, what are the odds of two 10-year-old boys wearing the exact same outfit at the same time at the same specific place?!

Written By: violet_shy on 05/22/19 at 7:00 pm

In August of 1990, my family and I spent a day at Disneyland. At one point we were in the clock shop on Main Street USA, when we encountered a boy who was wearing the exact same clothes as me! Then we found out that his name was also Jeff; he was on a trip with his family; and he was also 10 years old at the time. So then my mom took a picture of us.

I'm the one on the right, with my head pointed downwards in disbelief. I mean, what are the odds of two 10-year-old boys wearing the exact same outfit at the same time at the same specific place?!

Thank you for sharing it, Jeffrey. Very sweet.The other boy looks like your twin!  :D

Written By: nally on 05/22/19 at 11:11 pm

Thank you for sharing it, Jeffrey. Very sweet.The other boy looks like your twin!  :D

That's what I was thinking when we first encountered him! :D It was completely coincidental.

Written By: violet_shy on 05/23/19 at 12:05 pm

That's what I was thinking when we first encountered him! :D It was completely coincidental.

That was TOO coincidental ;D

Written By: fgbn on 05/23/19 at 5:09 pm

That was TOO coincidental ;D

Jessica Ann a question for you, since you were the ultimate 90s kid born in 1980 and who were 10 years old in the year 1990 and remembers it like yesterday
did you buy and read the Jurassic Park novel that was released in November of that year?

Written By: violet_shy on 05/23/19 at 5:41 pm

Jessica Ann a question for you, since you were the ultimate 90s kid born in 1980 and who were 10 years old in the year 1990 and remembers it like yesterday
did you buy and read the Jurassic Park novel that was released in November of that year?

Hm. I don't remember reading the novel. In 1990 all I did was watch VH1 and Tiny Toons Adventures. I listened to music and I would sing.

Written By: nally on 05/23/19 at 7:17 pm

Hm. I don't remember reading the novel. In 1990 all I did was watch VH1 and Tiny Toons Adventures. I listened to music and I would sing.

I watched that program too. I found it quite entertaining in many ways. :D I liked the characters because they were colorful.

Written By: Retrolover on 06/29/19 at 8:24 am

The surfer look was very much still alive in that year, wasn’t it? :)

Check for new replies or respond here...