inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Top 40 Dance Hits of the 90s

Written By: Retrolover on 08/05/19 at 12:37 pm

What are some top 40 dance hits from the 1990s that you miss hearing and you can still dance to?

For me:

Basia - Until You Come Back to Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)

N1woHA4Wf94

This video and song is so 1990. Ah…when we first arrived in the 90s.... Made a big deal about being in the 90s for the first month or so of 1990 then “future” talk erupted. Still, this was when the 90s took themselves seriously. Everything was better then… :\'(

Subject: Re: Top 40 Dance Hits of the 90s

Written By: nally on 08/05/19 at 12:42 pm

^ I don't know that one, but I do know "Cruising For Bruising", another hit that she had in 1990. That one is dancy in a sense. But it is a great song. 8)

Written By: Retrolover on 08/05/19 at 4:20 pm

^ I don't know that one, but I do know "Cruising For Bruising", another hit that she had in 1990. That one is dancy in a sense. But it is a great song. 8)

It’s a cover of the Aretha Franklin song, but with a hipper late 80s and early 90s jazzy beat to it.

I love “Cruising For a Bruising”, but Basia was overshadowed by Sinead ‘O Connor over here. Basia was a bigger deal in Europe between 1987 to 1990 than she was in the US.

Here are some other ones I know:

-MnELifX3sQ

Beats International - Dub Be Good to Me

I liked it better than “Just Be Good to Me” by the SOS Band.

ILaTgQBKRbE

Soho - Hippychick

The late 60s were chic again in the early 90s. This song was rereleased in the late 90s also, if I’m not mistaken.

Written By: nally on 08/05/19 at 4:26 pm

Soho - Hippychick

I liked that one. It borrowed the exact intro riff from "How Soon Is Now" by the Smiths; what breaks the "copy" here is the techno-beat starting a few seconds in. I also think that band was a one hit wonder.

And by the way, "Hippychick" was from the year 1990.

Written By: humaeast on 06/20/20 at 1:34 pm

Moloko - Day For Night (Blakdoktor Afterglow Mix)

Check for new replies or respond here...