inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What do you miss the most from the 1990s?

Written By: violet_shy on 02/27/20 at 7:57 pm

I miss my nearly perfect figure and long hair. :\'(

Just the other day, I happened to see some repeats of Home Improvement on TV. I missed 90s sitcoms and TV shows. I also miss the music and fashion. I really miss the years 1993 to 1997.

The reason why Home Improvement made me so nostalgic is because in the 90s, I use to wish for Tim Allen to be my dad :-\\

Subject: Re: What do you miss the most from the 1990s?

Written By: oldmusicfan on 02/27/20 at 8:49 pm

- Designer clothes (Guess, Skidz, International News, Coca Cola, Z. Cavaricci, Girbaud, Cross Colours, No Fear, and USED by Elie)
- Turtlemania (TMNT was the new ALF)
- The FOX Network
- Movies (T2: Judgement Day)
- Dance music (House, Acid House, and rave music)
- Dan Quayle

Written By: violet_shy on 02/27/20 at 8:59 pm

- Dan Quayle

That's random. Hahaha ;D

Written By: oldmusicfan on 02/27/20 at 9:01 pm

That's random. Hahaha ;D

Dan Quayle to Murphy Brown in 1992: “You Tramp!”

Written By: MSP10julia on 02/28/20 at 3:36 pm

Fruitopia Drinks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CZBm6eFAYs

Dunk-A-Roos (coming back this summer!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL8eo83rOSg

Written By: oldmusicfan on 02/28/20 at 3:43 pm

Cinnaburst Gum (1991-1998 or so)

boV5bGoEbYs

PBMax (1990-1995 or so)

Bp72yP0gvlM

Hypercolor (1991-1992)

NHCzxzNoI6E

Written By: thatretroman53 on 02/28/20 at 4:51 pm

Even though I was a baby, I look at old commercials from the 90s and for some odd reason, they are oddly satisfying and calming to listen to in the background. Oh, and toy culture.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 02/28/20 at 5:06 pm

Jim Henson’s Dinosaurs (1991-1994)

ZHOWnLetNhM

Just the record, I never thought Jim Henson’s Dinosaurs was a rip-off of The Simpsons until this came out…

Baby Sinclair- I’m the Baby (Have to Love Me)

5T8mGIflUaU

Another novelty song like Do The Bartman… 8-P

BdLNA16FDWs

Do the Bartman was VERY early 90s, though. The Simpsons won that battle.

jJsjGeEbjRo

Between voice actor Kevin Clash appearing as Elmo on CBS’s The Tolkelsons and Jim Henson’s Dinosaurs as Baby Sinclair, one could say the 90s were a big time for voice actors Kevin Clash and David Joyner (voice of Barney the Dinosaur).

Written By: DisneysRetro on 02/28/20 at 5:47 pm

Well I was born in the 90’s so I can really only speak for what transitioned over into the  early 2000’s From the previous decade. For me I’d say I miss how fun companies were. Manufacturers put mote effort into their items as a way to entice kids. Surge soda, snacks, Guacamole/ 3D doritos, Cartoons, Toys, etc. If you look at any snack company from the 1990’s into about 2004 or so the labeling just looked so much more fun lol. Companies weren’t afraid to experiment and try new things. Thanks to Nickelodeon, many sponsorships for cereal brands, snacks and toys inspired by slime was huge back then. Most of all life was more simplistic I feel. Then again I was a small kid in the late 90’s.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 02/28/20 at 6:14 pm

Seeing the Ninja Turtles everywhere!

w2wYpfbQb5U

h0iVHO_4RUs

BFGAB42zVLU

To my folks, the TMNT were fighting morons who yelled cowabunga a lot, but to me, the TMNT were happy and wisecracking pizza lovers.

Written By: violet_shy on 03/01/20 at 6:17 pm

Dunk-A-Roos (coming back this summer!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL8eo83rOSg

Dunk -A- Roos were soo good! I don't think the new ones will be quite as good as the original cookies and icing. It was kiddie food, but I tried them once or two times back then. And that was it.

Written By: 2001 on 03/01/20 at 6:28 pm

I only remember 1997-1999. I mainly miss my childhood neighbourhood and me and my friends getting into crazy adventures. My grandparents and uncle who were still alive then, and my aunt living with us when she was unmarried and taking me to various parks/playgrounds. Also point & click adventure games and Pokémania.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/01/20 at 7:18 pm

The syndicated shows like Charles In Charge, The Super Mario Bros. Super Show, My Secret Identity, The Munsters Today, and Out of this World.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/02/20 at 2:41 pm

I only remember 1997-1999. I mainly miss my childhood neighbourhood and me and my friends getting into crazy adventures. My grandparents and uncle who were still alive then, and my aunt living with us when she was unmarried and taking me to various parks/playgrounds. Also point & click adventure games and Pokémania.

Pokèmania is 2000s, it started in 1999 and lasted into 2000. ‘99 wasn’t 90s. Hit 2000s TV shows like The Sopranos, Law and Order SVU, and Family Guy all made their debuts in 1999.

Written By: Howard on 03/02/20 at 4:07 pm

The syndicated shows like Charles In Charge, The Super Mario Bros. Super Show, My Secret Identity, The Munsters Today, and Out of this World.

They were all good.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/03/20 at 5:06 pm

They were all good.

Shows of that time. There will never be another mid 80s to early 90s. I would throw in reruns of Small Wonder, but I think they were on a different channel.

Written By: Howard on 03/04/20 at 4:53 am

Shows of that time. There will never be another mid 80s to early 90s. I would throw in reruns of Small Wonder, but I think they were on a different channel.

Small Wonder was on Channel 5 WNYC in New York.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/04/20 at 12:46 pm

Small Wonder was on Channel 5 WNYC in New York.

That’s when it was a current show. I don’t remember if the reruns came on the same channel or not. I believe they did, but I’m not entirely sure.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/04/20 at 3:32 pm

I miss 90's fashion.  Not so much the 70's re-treads but the regular fashion was pretty nice.  I miss my forest green buffalo check mid-calf length jumper with the back tie - it was so cute with my ribbed forest green mockneck.  I had the most rockin' collection of knee length flat boots.  I rocked my stirrup pants combined with coordinating long tunics (with the little shoulder pads) and wore them with my tie-up leather short boots.  Oversized tee shirts - I had a little clip to cinch them on the side, really cute.  It was a popular time for hair ribbons which I liked.  Plus there were lots of natural fabrics (wools, cotton, silks, etc) which I loved.  The one thing I disliked about 90's fashion was too much rayon - that meant "dry clean only" everything!  ;D

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/04/20 at 5:36 pm

I miss living in the 1990s. Seeing small things like Robocop Bubble Bath bottles at
K-Mart, listening to Vibeology by Paula Abdul, and watching Jim Henson’s Dinosaurs. The little things about being alive in the 1990s.

Written By: preston181 on 03/06/20 at 11:34 pm

Everything, but mainly my youth and not having any major responsibilities.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/07/20 at 7:52 am

There wasn’t much to worry about in the 90s. First, the Berlin Wall fell. Then, the Gulf War ended abruptly. Lastly, there was a good economy again that lasted to the end of the 90s.

Written By: Ripley on 03/07/20 at 3:40 pm

I miss everything about it to be honest 😂 The fun tween/teen movies like Camp Nowhere! So many sitcoms, good game shows, cartoons, the good days of Nickelodeon, MTV and VH1. The fashion, the teen mags (lmao) and video games. Back when music was awesome in many different genres. Honestly, from about 2003 onward music just hasn’t been the same. Granted there are still several good songs and artists newer and older. The malls, the food and cool toys. How the world was. People are rude now!

Written By: nally on 03/07/20 at 6:35 pm

Back when music was awesome in many different genres. Honestly, from about 2003 onward music just hasn’t been the same. Granted there are still several good songs and artists newer and older.

I agree on this. O0

The malls, the food and cool toys.

This, too.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/07/20 at 7:07 pm

I miss everything about it to be honest 😂 The fun tween/teen movies like Camp Nowhere! So many sitcoms, good game shows, cartoons, the good days of Nickelodeon, MTV and VH1. The fashion, the teen mags (lmao) and video games. Back when music was awesome in many different genres. Honestly, from about 2003 onward music just hasn’t been the same. Granted there are still several good songs and artists newer and older. The malls, the food and cool toys. How the world was. People are rude now!

What were your favorite 90s toys?

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/07/20 at 7:08 pm

This, too.

Nally, which 90s toys did you collect?

Written By: annimal on 03/08/20 at 10:45 am

just don't make me go to Roller King to listen to Barbie Girl

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/08/20 at 11:59 am

just don't make me go to Roller King to listen to Barbie Girl

Barbie really was the doll of the 90s. 1989-1998 were good years for Mattel.

Written By: nally on 03/08/20 at 8:38 pm

which 90s toys did you collect?

A few of the ones I got from the Happy Meals in 1990-91. Not really very many after that, come to think of it. I may have started to outgrow 'em by then.

Jeffrey

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/08/20 at 8:52 pm

A few of the ones I got from the Happy Meals in 1990-91. Not really very many after that, come to think of it. I may have started to outgrow 'em by then.

Jeffrey

You were a child of the 1980s like me.

Written By: nally on 03/08/20 at 9:01 pm

You were a child of the 1980s like me.

That's right, I was!

However, I did still play with certain toys of mine (small ones) into my preteen years, such as LEGO sets.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/09/20 at 1:36 pm

That's right, I was!

However, I did still play with certain toys of mine (small ones) into my preteen years, such as LEGO sets.

LEGO sets are more than toys. Some people make their living off of building things with LEGO bricks.

Check for new replies or respond here...