inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Blending the Mid 90s With the Early 1990s

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/04/20 at 6:20 pm

Is anyone else tired of this ridiculous trend of people blending the mid 90s (1993-1995) with the early 90s (1990-1992) and ““saying those were the early 90s””? I saw the most ridiculous point on Buzzfeed:

In the article, 49 Things That'll Make All Early-'90s Kids Say, "OMG, I Remember This!" by Brian Galindo

“Having a collection of Street Shark toys, but never actually seeing the cartoon they were based on”

I cannot be the only one who sees how ridiculous these online and TV inaccuracies are. What is your opinion on this?

Subject: Re: Blending the Mid 90s With the Early 1990s

Written By: violet_shy on 03/04/20 at 6:42 pm

Hmm. And why is it centered on 90s kids? They should have said 90s teens and kids. After all, teen culture was more prominent. It is in every decade.

Subject: Re: Blending the Mid 90s With the Early 1990s

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/04/20 at 9:06 pm

Hmm. And why is it centered on 90s kids? They should have said 90s teens and kids. After all, teen culture was more prominent. It is in every decade.

I haven’t a clue what an early 90s kid is. You’re either an 80s kid (part or all of your childhood development days were in the 1980s) or a 90s kid (part or all of your childhood development days were in the 1990s). I agree with you. The article should have been for children and teens of the early to mid 1990s. I still read his articles because they are some of the only articles online about the early to mid 90s. I wish the author of those articles would stop grouping early 90s culture with mid 90s culture and categorizing it all as early 90s culture.

I think some people just lump their memories together without researching their material. It’s easier to do that than taking time out of your day to do some deep analytical thinking and piece culture together accurately.

Check for new replies or respond here...