inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New York street life (1993) HD video

Written By: robby76 on 04/14/20 at 11:24 pm

Just saw this on You Tube. Not sure if it's been shared before but the high definition quality is quite outstanding for 1993.

fT4lDU-QLUY

Subject: Re: New York street life HD video

Written By: Sman12 on 04/16/20 at 11:11 am

I saw that video, and it looked unreal. It still mostly looks like NYC today (except for the Twin Towers and older technology), with people walking to and fro on the streets.

Written By: Howard on 04/16/20 at 3:52 pm

I saw that video, and it looked unreal. It still mostly looks like NYC today (except for the Twin Towers and older technology), with people walking to and fro on the streets.

And no one staring at their smartphones.

Written By: Sman12 on 04/17/20 at 7:49 am

And no one staring at their smartphones.

That's another factor of the unreal effect the video has. Plus, there are no Airpods in people's ears since they're fashionable now.

Written By: Howard on 04/17/20 at 1:52 pm

That's another factor of the unreal effect the video has. Plus, there are no Airpods in people's ears since they're fashionable now.

People back in 1993 were self aware of their surroundings.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/17/20 at 2:26 pm

Just saw this on You Tube. Not sure if it's been shared before but the high definition quality is quite outstanding for 1993.

O0 Very cool!  The fashion looks like 1993, so do the cars.  I completely believe it is 1993 irregardless of the technology - the "good stuff" 1993 camcorders were good enough then to capture this quality video.

Subject: Re: New York street life (1993) HD video

Written By: Howard on 04/18/20 at 3:15 pm

Wasn't that video taken before the first time The Towers collapsed or was it after?  ???

Written By: Sman12 on 04/23/20 at 8:09 pm

Wasn't that video taken before the first time The Towers collapsed or was it after?  ???

Well, there was the underground bombing that killed 6 and injured 1,000+ which happened in 1993.

Written By: #Infinity on 05/04/20 at 3:21 am

I remember this video being shared on this site awhile back. It is honestly fascinating to see an HD-level video from the early '90s, although I still find the instrumental cover of "Livin' for the City" kinda goofy.

Written By: robby76 on 05/04/20 at 5:33 am

I remember this video being shared on this site awhile back. It is honestly fascinating to see an HD-level video from the early '90s, although I still find the instrumental cover of "Livin' for the City" kinda goofy.

I wondered what that song was. I kinda like it - but yeah a bit too late 70s / early 80s for a 1993 video.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/20 at 8:04 am

I wondered what that song was. I kinda like it - but yeah a bit too late 70s / early 80s for a 1993 video.
The opening music sounds familiar to me and the song is "Autumn in New York", it has been covered by many singers including Ella Fitzgerald and Jo Stafford.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/05/20 at 8:22 am

...I still find the instrumental cover of "Livin' for the City" kinda goofy.

It's appropriate for a 1993 video, as 1993 was when "smooth jazz" was a big thing and that cover would absolutely fall under the "smooth jazz" umbrella.

Check for new replies or respond here...