inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tiny Toons or Animaniacs?

Written By: violet_shy on 04/29/20 at 2:56 pm

I miss being young and watching these cartoons from the 90s. Which one did you watch/like more?

I watched both.

Subject: Re: Tiny Toons or Animaniacs?

Written By: nally on 04/29/20 at 5:24 pm

Both were enjoyable in their own regards. :)

I liked Tiny Toons Adventures due in part to the characters (many of which were anthropomorphic animals) being quite colorful. They also had other qualities which made the show lots of fun to watch.

Animaniacs, even though I didn't watch it when the episodes were new, it had lots of humor -- especially amongst the Warner sibling characters. Sometimes they would realize that some of their dialogue had innuendo, prompting yakko to say "Good night everybody!" in such cases. :D

Written By: DisneysRetro on 04/29/20 at 8:17 pm

Animaniacs was a great cartoon. I used to have the series on tape ! But at the same time tiny toons was phenomenal too.

Written By: mqg96 on 04/29/20 at 9:18 pm

I didn't really watch these as much as my main shows for obvious reasons. I barely saw some reruns whenever these were on Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon once in awhile, however, if I had to pick one of these two, it be Animaniacs. The Animaniacs characters were more iconic, Yakko, Wakko, Dot, Hello Nurse, Dr. Otto, etc. and Pinky & The Brain were included in there as well so that was always a plus. Tiny Toons were just basically the kid version of Looney Tunes and I was never really interested in them as much, and I remember Animaniacs reruns more than Tiny Toons reruns so...... Throughout my early childhood, I was a big fan of any Looney Tunes/Warner Bros related spin-off shows, such as Looney Tunes, Merrie Melodies, Duck Dodgers, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Taz-Mania, Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries, and so forth, even movies like Space Jam or Looney Tunes Back In Action I was addicted to. 

Written By: violet_shy on 04/29/20 at 11:54 pm

if I had to pick one of these two, it be Animaniacs. The Animaniacs characters were more iconic, Yakko, Wakko, Dot, Hello Nurse, Dr. Otto, etc. and Pinky & The Brain were included in there as well so that was always a plus.

I agree, and the Warner siblings were cute! Like wanting them as pets! Never figured out what they were exactly but to me were some kind of mascots, lol.

Written By: Slashpop on 04/30/20 at 1:23 am

Tiny toons

Written By: nally on 05/02/20 at 11:13 am

I agree, and the Warner siblings were cute! Like wanting them as pets! Never figured out what they were exactly but to me were some kind of mascots, lol.

I don't know if anyone could figure out what kind of creatures they were supposed to be (perhaps a hybrid of two or more animals?).

Written By: shadowcookie on 05/02/20 at 5:40 pm

Animaniacs

Check for new replies or respond here...