inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: If anyone was a girl playing video games in the 90s...

Written By: humaeast on 06/19/20 at 8:20 pm

If you were a teenage girl who played video games in the late 90s, did you have a crush on Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid at all?

I do, but I was born in 2002. I was thinking of the top late 90s crushes girls had a while ago, and I listed Solid Snake. But it came to me that girls didn't play games at the time, especially not one like Metal Gear Solid. If girls even played games, it was only Pokémon. Kojima designed Raiden from MGS2 to draw in more female players, but to me, Snake's voice already drew in girls. Of course, I think I still have the mentality that everyone acted like me, so...

Please tell me I am right and someone had a crush on Solid Snake. ;D

Subject: Re: If anyone was a girl playing video games in the 90s...

Written By: GeekyAlgorithm on 10/07/20 at 8:14 am

I had a crush on him, but I was playing this game in the early 2000s along with the sequel. You forgot Vamp. Phil LaMarr strikes again as a sexy vampire with a breathy voice, and a Romanian accent. Dammit, Black Vulcan!

Subject: Re: If anyone was a girl playing video games in the 90s...

Written By: violet_shy on 10/09/20 at 3:37 pm

I played video games throughout my teens in the 90s, but I don't remember ever having a crush on Solid Snake.

Check for new replies or respond here...