inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Create our own 90s movie soundtracks

Written By: humaeast on 07/06/20 at 6:46 pm

I love 90s movie soundtracks, particularly those from Warner Bros. It started with the Batman and Robin soundtrack and escalated from there. So let's make up our own 90s movies and list what would be on the soundtrack.

For mine...
Metal Gear Solid (1998)
An adaptation of the classic video game, this animated movie proved the ground for CG animation alongside A Bug's Life and was the first CGI film to be aimed towards adults. The movie had the same voice actors as the game and was released by Warner Bros. in December 1998. The soundtrack was released by Warner Bros. Records a week before the film's release.

Tracklist:

Jewel - "The Best Is Yet To Come"
Moloko - "Butterfly 747"
FSOL - "Psycho-Crab"
Peabo Bryson - "Find The Road Home"
Madonna ft. Massive Attack - "I Want You"
Refused - "Solid Snake"
Boo Boo & Mace - "May All Things Be Free"
Mephisto Odyssey - "Can You Feel It"
Lisa Stansfield - "Brothers"
Paul Johnson - "I Said I"
L.S.G. - "Rotation"
NOFX - "The Desperation's Gone"
Cibo Matto - "Sugar Water"
Goldie - "Dragonfly"
Aoife NĂ­ Fhearraigh - "The Best Is Yet To Come (Re-Recorded)"

Three singles were released from the album: Jewel's "The Best Is Yet To Come," Refused's "Solid Snake," and Lisa Stanfield's "Brothers." Jewel's song reached #4 on the Billboard Hot 100 the week of Christmas 1998, Refused's song reached #30 on the Hot Rock Songs chart, and Lisa Stanfield's song reached #21 on the Adult Contemporary chart. Peabo Bryson's "Find The Road Home" was released as a single separately, and topped the Adult Top 40 chart.

So, there you have it. Batman & Robin meets Blade with a smidgeon of punk rock in there for good measure. I will do more like this, and I hope you do too!

Check for new replies or respond here...