inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Simpsons Merch from the 90s

Written By: Slashpop on 07/30/20 at 2:46 am

Anyone have a favorite piece of simpsons merch from the 90s? During the 90s decade there was a ton  of merchandise while the cartoon was new.

Mine would be the bart simpson talking doll because it was very representative of the early seasons of the show and it feels iconic in a way.

https://www.retrowaste.com/wp-content/gallery/1990s-toys/1990-bart-simpson-tmnt-garfield.jpg

Subject: Re: Favorite Simpsons Merch from the 90s

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/30/20 at 2:54 am

Anyone have a favorite piece of simpsons merch from the 90s? During the 90s decade there was a ton  of merchandise while the cartoon was new.

Mine would be the bart simpson talking doll because it was very representative of the early seasons of the show and it feels iconic in a way.

https://www.retrowaste.com/wp-content/gallery/1990s-toys/1990-bart-simpson-tmnt-garfield.jpg
Did Garfield and the Mutant Turtles appear in The Simpsons?

Written By: Slashpop on 07/30/20 at 5:31 am

Did Garfield and the Mutant Turtles appear in The Simpsons?

No lol, that was from a catalog with the bart doll, it just included other characters on the page.

Written By: Howard on 07/30/20 at 7:45 am

I had the poster.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/517pJfLbpfL._AC_.jpg

Written By: Slashpop on 07/30/20 at 12:17 pm

I had the poster.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/517pJfLbpfL._AC_.jpg

Nice. I had that too. They actually reprinted that exact design on t-shirts. I saw it last year at the mall.

Written By: XYkid on 07/30/20 at 12:52 pm

This is not 90s, but I had the talking watches that Burger King released at the end of 2003.

Written By: Howard on 07/30/20 at 2:05 pm

Nice. I had that too. They actually reprinted that exact design on t-shirts. I saw it last year at the mall.

I had the poster on my closet door but after 30 years the poster paper yellowed so much so I gave it to charity.

Written By: nally on 07/30/20 at 9:13 pm

I had one of those t-shirts.

Written By: Slashpop on 07/31/20 at 1:24 pm

I had the poster on my closet door but after 30 years the poster paper yellowed so much so I gave it to charity.

That happens with posters unfortunately. I like all the old simpsons posters and shirts. The bartman one was pretty nice as well.

Written By: Howard on 07/31/20 at 1:42 pm

That happens with posters unfortunately. I like all the old simpsons posters and shirts. The bartman one was pretty nice as well.

Which ones did you have, Slash?

Written By: Slashpop on 07/31/20 at 2:29 pm

Which ones did you have, Slash?

The simpsons poster with the family all together, I think it was for a portrait.  Cowabunga t-shirt. I later got a few more from collectables stores way after they were being sold.

Written By: nally on 07/31/20 at 6:28 pm

The simpsons poster with the family all together, I think it was for a portrait.  Cowabunga t-shirt. I later got a few more from collectables stores way after they were being sold.

I think I had one of those too.

I even got a "Cowabunga" beach towel depicting Bart surfing. I still have that towel 30 years later, but haven't used it lately.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/31/20 at 6:40 pm

I THINK I still have it but it is a tee shirt that has Bart as a cow and it says, "Don't have a cartoon, man."

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/01/20 at 4:08 am

I wasn't really much of a Simpsons fan but I did watch the shows as much as I could.

Written By: nally on 08/01/20 at 11:44 am

I wasn't really much of a Simpsons fan but I did watch the shows as much as I could.

I, too, liked watching it in its early seasons. Not so much after the mid 1990s, though.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/01/20 at 11:52 am

I, too, liked watching it in its early seasons. Not so much after the mid 1990s, though.
I cannot say when I stopped watching "The Simpsons", but remember watching the Michael Jackson episode live.

Written By: nally on 08/01/20 at 10:47 pm

I cannot say when I stopped watching "The Simpsons", but remember watching the Michael Jackson episode live.

Yes, there was an early episode in which he voiced a one-time-only character who posed as the famous pop star.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/02/20 at 2:09 am

Yes, there was an early episode in which he voiced a one-time-only character who posed as the famous pop star.
Original air date: September 19, 1991, was it that long ago. I did see "The Simpsons Movie", of which I did enjoy.

Written By: Howard on 08/02/20 at 7:52 am

That was the one where he sang Happy Birthday to him.

Written By: nally on 08/02/20 at 11:51 am

That was the one where he sang Happy Birthday to him.

I thought that the character posing as Michael Jackson (Leon Kompowsky, voiced by MJ) was helping Bart to write a birthday song for Lisa in that episode.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/02/20 at 12:18 pm

I thought that the character posing as Michael Jackson (Leon Kompowsky, voiced by MJ) was helping Bart to write a birthday song for Lisa in that episode.
From memory, and I have not googled, was the song "Lisa, It's Your Birthday"?

Written By: nally on 08/02/20 at 12:20 pm

From memory, and I have not googled, was the song "Lisa, It's Your Birthday"?

Yes, that was it. The lines "Lisa it's your birthday" and "Happy Birthday Lisa!" are alternated for the majority of the song.

Written By: Howard on 08/02/20 at 1:36 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLuyHWP_wnM

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/03/20 at 5:25 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLuyHWP_wnM
Thank you

Written By: Howard on 08/03/20 at 7:29 am

Thank you

You're Welcome. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/03/20 at 7:59 am

You're Welcome. :)
O0

Check for new replies or respond here...