inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Were The Early '90s Just Like The '80s?

Written By: Slim95 on 12/06/20 at 2:35 am

I hear people say this. I heard people say '80s music synths were still being used until 1993. Were the early '90s its own thing or did it feel like the '80s?

Subject: Re: Were The Early '90s Just Like The '80s?

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/06/20 at 11:05 am

To me it was similar to the late 80s. The music was still synth driven. The heavy sounding analog synths of the early and mid 80s were replaced with light, crisp, and airy sounding digital synths. That and the early 90s Eurodance craze. Grunge was making its way onto the charts but for the most part music was light and happy. We also had what was left of hair metal, and 80s hairstyles and fashion.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/06/20 at 12:29 pm

Grunge, the election of Bill Clinton, etc wiped out the the remaining 80s pop culture. The emptiness of it had gone as far as it could go. Some depth HAD to come back in.

Written By: violet_shy on 12/09/20 at 12:46 pm

I hear people say this. I heard people say '80s music synths were still being used until 1993. Were the early '90s its own thing or did it feel like the '80s?

1990 still felt like the 1980s. Then everything shifted in 1991. Synths were out of style in the early 90s....who said that to you?? Lol.

Check for new replies or respond here...